Panic & Frustration Venting Thread

KoZed

Agreed, this was a team loss. I just thought he was one of our better individuals.....especially given the circumstances. He missed a coverage there, but again more positives than negatives. I just thought for him to be called out, given he was even playing, was wrong.

I'm not surprised, though, given the crap he takes around here.

Koivu has received a ton of praise even though he was late on two critical backchecks that resulted in his man scoring goals.

Hardly bashing

Give it a rest. Look at the post in context. I didn't trash Koivu. I said that people are listing him as having a great game.

He was late on 2 crucial backchecks and both resulted in goals. Goals that were crucial in the outcome of the game.

If you think that is a great performance you are entitled to that opinion, but criticism and highlighting actual plays of the mighty captain

is not bashing, or giving him crap.

He is injured and does get the benefit of the doubt from me, but Price is 20 years old in his first playoff series. Where is his benefit

of the doubt? I have to wade through Koivu was fantastic last night and bring back Huet, if Price plays bad on Monday he

is a potential bust. Give me a break.

I have posted 30 times over the last 24 hours and all have called it a poor team effort. All have pointed at their poor work ethic

and the poor performance of a worn down defence. I used Saku as a comparison once this morning and pointed out his poor defensive

zone coverage once or twice last night now it is in every post in defence of Price?

Nonsense

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koivu has received a ton of praise even though he was late on two critical backchecks that resulted in his man scoring goals.

Hardly bashing

Give it a rest. Look at the post in context. I didn't trash Koivu. I said that people are listing him as having a great game.

He was late on 2 crucial backchecks and both resulted in goals. Goals that were crucial in the outcome of the game.

If you think that is a great performance you are entitled to that opinion, but criticism and highlighting actual plays of the mighty captain

is not bashing, or giving him crap.

He is injured and does get the benefit of the doubt from me, but Price is 20 years old in his first playoff series. Where is his benefit

of the doubt? I have to wade through Koivu was fantastic last night and bring back Huet, if Price plays bad on Monday he

is a potential bust. Give me a break.

I have posted 30 times over the last 24 hours and all have called it a poor team effort. All have pointed at their poor work ethic

and the poor performance of a worn down defence. I used Saku as a comparison once this morning and pointed out his poor defensive

zone coverage once or twice last night now it is in every post in defence of Price?

Nonsense

Whatever man. What does Koivu and whether or not he blew coverage have to do with Price and whether or not he is to blame. They are 2 different topics. Somehow you managed to bring up Saku's plays more than once.

I have no idea why people are bashing Price, and really I havent noticed much of it. But leave Koivu off the topic.

He does deserve praise, and you certainly didnt give it to him. All you mentioned was how he blew coverage.

You are obviously sensitive about Price and you come to his defense at the drop of a hat. Fine. But expect people to be sensitive about criticism of a performance like Koivu's last night.

"Koivu has received a ton of praise even though he was late on two critical backchecks that resulted in his man scoring goals. "

This is the point......even though?? really??

The second goal he was with his man and it was a great pass. Not his fault.

If he was late on anything else...well....blame the broken bone in his foot that isnt healed and the fact he hasnt been in a game in 3 weeks. Yet he still had, by far, a net positive impact.

But you come out with "Koivu received praise EVEN THOUGH he was late......"

So what you're saying is that Koivu shouldnt have had praise for his courage and impact, because he missed defensive coverage EVEN THOUGH he has a pretty good excuse?

Don't talk to me about nonsense.

Whatever man. What does Koivu and whether or not he blew coverage have to do with Price and whether or not he is to blame. They are 2 different topics. Somehow you managed to bring up Saku's plays more than once.

I have no idea why people are bashing Price, and really I havent noticed much of it. But leave Koivu off the topic.

He does deserve praise, and you certainly didnt give it to him. All you mentioned was how he blew coverage.

You are obviously sensitive about Price and you come to his defense at the drop of a hat. Fine. But expect people to be sensitive about criticism of a performance like Koivu's last night.

Uh, the point was I can't understand why one is being praised and another is being scapegoated.

Why is everybody glossing over 2 defensive errors that cost two goals like they never happened.

I did not bring up Higgins as an example because Higgins did not have two glaring defensive

mistakes, hence he was full value for the praise. Saku as much as I appreciate that he played hurt

made some big mistakes.

So as you talk about me coming to the defence of Price, you are doing the same thing with Koivu.

Not the first time this year, and it won't be the last time.

But once again if pointing out two things that happened in the game is bashing, then I guess I am bashing Saku.

No surprise, when a sentence does not contain Saku and the words "leader, great, gutsy, clutch, inspirational" it must

be bashing. So next time I think Koivu made a mistake I will write

"although Saku is a great leader who was inspirational to last night's clutch performance, his gutsy play could not

overshadow the fact that he got burnt on a couple of defensive coverage's that lead to two back breaking goals"

That should avoid the Koivu lovers from getting all bent out of shape.

Edited by Wamsley01

Uh, the point was I can't understand why one is being praised and another is being scapegoated.

Why is everybody glossing over 2 defensive errors that cost two goals like they never happened.

I did not bring up Higgins because as an example because Higgins did not have two glaring defensive

mistakes, hence he was full value for the praise. Saku as much as I appreciate that he played hurt

made some big mistakes.

So as you talk about me coming to the defence of Price, you are doing the same thing with Koivu.

Not the first time this year, and it won't be the last time.

But once again if pointing out two things that happened in the game is bashing, then I guess I am bashing Saku.

No surprise, when a sentence does not contain Saku and the words "leader, great, gutsy, clutch, inspirational" it must

be bashing. So next time I think Koivu made a mistake I will write

"although Saku is a great leader who was inspirational to last night's clutch performance, his gutsy play could not

overshadow the fact that he got burnt on a couple of defensive coverage's that lead to two back breaking goals"

That should avoid the Koivu lovers from getting all bent out of shape.

Bold #1 - I dont see Price getting scapegoated at all. I'm sure you could find a couple of dumb posts, but on the whole, I dont see it.

#2 - Yes I am doing the same with Koivu, as I was well aware when I typed it.

#3 - I really dont care if you use the words leader, gutsy, or whatever with Koivu. In fact I would rather you didnt bring him up at all, as the only context you mentioned him in was the mistakes he made.

You still havent acknowledged that a) His net impact was positive, so he certainly cant be blamed for the loss

b) He should get a free pass on that coverage, given his condition.....it's not like he gave up on the plays (Hamrlik, Kovalev??)

ps...did you mention their gaffes on the GWG?

Bold #1 - I dont see Price getting scapegoated at all. I'm sure you could find a couple of dumb posts, but on the whole, I dont see it.

#2 - Yes I am doing the same with Koivu, as I was well aware when I typed it.

#3 - I really dont care if you use the words leader, gutsy, or whatever with Koivu. In fact I would rather you didnt bring him up at all, as the only context you mentioned him in was the mistakes he made.

You still havent acknowledged that a) His net impact was positive, so he certainly cant be blamed for the loss

b) He should get a free pass on that coverage, given his condition.....it's not like he gave up on the plays (Hamrlik, Kovalev??)

ps...did you mention their gaffes on the GWG?

Yes I have mentioned Kovy and Hamrlik's play. Go back and check the game thread. And there were plenty of people

who blamed Price. I don't take hate from let's say previous acts (somebody like...Brisebois) and allow that to cloud

my analysis after a victory and call for his head. So I definitely don't attack players I like and admire.

I used Koivu as an example to make my point. Nothing more, nothing less. If I said Markov I probably would not

be typing right now, but maybe I have offended Koivu Nation

I did not defend Price after Game 5 because he broke their back with his giveaway. Was it his fault they lost? No, but

he let in 2 brutal goals which contributed to a poor effort.

I am a Koivu fan, and as much as Koivu helped offensively he was not ready to contribute on both ends of the ice.

He was not in game shape and his presence impacted negatively almost as much as it impacted positively. If his net positive

was +1 then S. Kostitsyn, Komisarek, Markov and Begin should be viewed as having great games as well.

I NEVER BLAMED KOIVU FOR THE LOSS! But like always, a criticism of Saku is always greeted with an overreaction.

I mentioned Koivu 3 times over 20-30 posts. I hardly went after him. What I said was hardly incendiary. But I am in no

way surprised.

Edited by Wamsley01

Man, I totally agree, we are so loyal to these vets, when O'Byrne, Stewart, D'Agostino should be replacing Brisebois, Dandenault and maybe even Begin.

Maybe even Bégin, who's one of the most physical players so far in this series?

And Stewart more offencive upside than Dandenault because of one game in the regular season? I wouldn't have a problem with sitting Dandy though.

I've been advocating Stewart since the regular season. Yes, we all know he only got to play one game. But there is no doubt his youthful exuberance, his speed, and what appears to be a knack for getting to the net would all have come in use in any of the three losses we had when older players with no balls, or younger leaders with no heart, sat around and hoped for a hero.

No, Stewart is not that hero. But if we're relying on 3rd liners to get the job done, then we better bring a few more of them up. At least he would have done something stupid/smart like try to goad Lucic/Chara into a fight.

Why does GC share the blame? they all do. Do you really think he said "he guys, once you get a lead, i want you to sit back, stop skating and hang your goalie out to dry in the third". I doubt it. I am reasonably sure he has said things, done things but the team hasn't responded. Simple as that.

Why does GC share the blame? they all do. Do you really think he said "he guys, once you get a lead, i want you to sit back, stop skating and hang your goalie out to dry in the third". I doubt it. I am reasonably sure he has said things, done things but the team hasn't responded. Simple as that.

I have a group of people that work under me. Imagine if I went to my boss and said that the reason we are failing is because my team won't listen to me.

How long do you think I would still be the boss?

It is not all Carbos fault. As the thread title suggests, Carbo has some blame in this.

What exactly are you saying? It was about sharing the blame and then you agree by saying they all do - exactly the point.

About his team not responding, how many times have you actually seen Carbonneau talking or whispering things in his players' ears? He doesn't do that nearly enough DURING the game. He has this pissed off look on his face (e.g. Game 6 on the Boston's 3rd, 4th and 5th goals) like you guys are sh*t and lets his assistants do the talking to the players. Rather than that self-righteous look, maybe he should be motivating his guys after those goals, patting them on the back, get some energy and motivation going. He got a lot better this season but needs to learn much more in that department. Maybe that's why Kovalev looked like he gave up last game.

The idea that Price's entire career hinges on next game is a joke.

Exactly what I thought when I read that post. Price is a money goalie, win or lose tonight. He might play poorly, or he might not but we can be pretty sure that even if he does have a bad game, it won't have much to do with nerves.

LOL, I wonder how many of the "chicken littles" who predicted the sky is falling in this thread learned the phrase "it ain't over 'till it's over" tonight???

BTW

[discussion]

Can Carey Price play pressure games in the NHL?

[/discussion]

:lol:

Kudos to ALL the boys for digging down deep and wanting it more!