Panic & Frustration Venting Thread

KoZed

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bad game for Price in game 7 is hardly going to doom his chances of ever leading a team to the Cup. It might get him run out of town, though, as we all know how quickly fans can turn on a player. If Theo can play like he has been lately, then anything is possible when it comes to goalies.

And that is what I worried about the second that Huet trade happened.....We're putting way too much on Carey Price's shoulders...why not stick with Huet as a backup at least? Now...there is no plan B...all that is in Bob Gaineys hands is a measly F*cking 2nd round draft pick that belongs to the Anaheim Ducks.... :clap: (so much sarcasm)

Edited by l<OV4L3V

That's awesome.

No matter which way the Habs go in game 7, we will find out exactly what Carey Price is made of. he's a young kid, under an insane amount of pressure. The last time we saw this was 1986, with a guy with a 3 letter last name and two 3's on the back of his jersey. He came through just fine and turned out to be one of the top 2 (giving Brodeur his due) best goaltenders of all time.

If he crumbles, then he will be a decent starting oalie, but not one that will take you to any Stanley Cups... if he's solid, and plays a good game, win or lose, he's the legit goalie of the future.

In the mean time, I was at Pepsi centre tonight, and Theo was brilliant. Thanks for him. I think we (the Avs) won that trade.

I love how other teams fans make it to all kind of boards...even HabsWorld. Have some class dude, seriously. Now is not the time to go spouting off about how your Avs did so well in getting Theodore, and how Price could crumble. It seems just a little spiteful.

Edited by smon

I love how other teams fans make it to all kind of boards...even HabsWorld. Have some class dude, seriously. Now is not the time to go spouting off about how your Avs did so well in getting Theodore, and how Price could crumble. It seems just a little spiteful.

There's no rule that says you have to be a Habs fan to be here. And let's face it, how many times have we given the Avs fans on here crap about them being stuck with Theo? Turnabout is fair play now that Theo seems to have found himself again.

Really?

insaneHABSfan aka insaneAVSfan has a disagreement with you. Theo is playing great now, however AVS fans had to suffer with an overpaid player (Like Kovalev) for a long time.

Personally I would still have done the trade as Montreal saw Theo as an overpaid underachiever. colorado took the chance of him getting back to form and voila, he is back.

Nothing spiteful in this comment that I can see....

The idea that Price's entire career hinges on next game is a joke.

While I disagree with it, I certainly can't dismiss it completely. He is known to be mentally tough, at least that's what everyone says. If that is true, then the likelihood of a bad game ruining his psyche should be quite low. Even so, there is always the chance that another bad game could damage his psyche. I think his game 7 performance will go a long way to show how mentally tough he truly is. This is the type of pressure that a Montreal goalie will always have to experience.

Do you expect anything else CC? Some of these guys need to go back and read what they thought

about these guys in October.

I love the blame on Price, but can somebody please provide the analysis as to why the goals

were weak. And while they are calling for Huet can they please go back and look at ALL 5 games

and not the Sportscenter reel of only his great saves in the series.

And I don't know if everybody noticed but Huet is trailing his series 3-2 and at best will be playing

in a game 7.

While I disagree with it, I certainly can't dismiss it completely. He is known to be mentally tough, at least that's what everyone says. If that is true, then the likelihood of a bad game ruining his psyche should be quite low. Even so, there is always the chance that another bad game could damage his psyche. I think his game 7 performance will go a long way to show how mentally tough he truly is. This is the type of pressure that a Montreal goalie will always have to experience.

Does everybody think that Brodeur, Roy, Hasek, Belfour never lost a game 7?

The kid has been mentally tough his whole career but now he is so fragile he might never

recover from a game 7 loss?

Oh I get it. Panic thread.

Does everybody think that Brodeur, Roy, Hasek, Belfour never lost a game 7?

The kid has been mentally tough his whole career but now he is so fragile he might never

recover from a game 7 loss?

Oh I get it. Panic thread.

Did you bother reading the first sentence of my post? "While I disagree with it, I certainly can't dismiss it completely." That means I think it is very unlikely, but is still a possibility. The kid cruised through the AHL playoffs and the WJC, now he's in a game 7, in Montreal, the biggest pressure cooker there is. The 3rd period of game 5 clearly rattled the kid, and he is finally facing true adversity in his young career. Is it possible that such circumstances can cause a guy to crack? Of course. That doesn't mean that it is likely to happen or that he won't come out tomorrow and post a shut-out. I'm simply stating that it is possibility, one of many. That much, you can't deny.

There's no rule that says you have to be a Habs fan to be here. And let's face it, how many times have we given the Avs fans on here crap about them being stuck with Theo? Turnabout is fair play now that Theo seems to have found himself again.

Let me try and frame it in a different scenario. If Theodore was continuing to play poorly, and I looked up threads where Avs fans were complaining, or dare I say even go to an Avs forum and start mentioning how much better Price was, or Huet was, now wouldn't that be a little spiteful? A little unnecessary? Or a little antagonistic?

Whatever.

Anyway, Price is made up of hopefully tough stuff. But even if it doesn't come through Monday night, that doesn't mean his career potential is shot. Far from it. Look at Crosby and the Penguins falling miserably to Ottawa last season. They learned from it this year and steamrolled them in four. It's part of the maturing process.

Let me try and frame it in a different scenario. If Theodore was continuing to play poorly, and I looked up threads where Avs fans were complaining, or dare I say even go to an Avs forum and start mentioning how much better Price was, or Huet was, now wouldn't that be a little spiteful? A little unnecessary? Or a little antagonistic?

If you just went there just to do that, then yes. Otherwise, not so much.

Anyway, Price is made up of hopefully tough stuff. But even if it doesn't come through Monday night, that doesn't mean his career potential is shot. Far from it. Look at Crosby and the Penguins falling miserably to Ottawa last season. They learned from it this year and steamrolled them in four. It's part of the maturing process.

Of course it doesn't, I'm just saying that it could happen. Stranger things have happened to pro athletes. Given what I've heard of him do I think it will happen? Not likely. I don't, however, agree with the comparison between Price and Crosby. Being a goalie is a totally different situation. Tons more pressure on a goalie than a skater. More comparable to a closer in baseball, I'd say. Only the great ones bounce back. So, if God forbid, Price plays like crap tomorrow, early next season will show us what we need to know about his mental toughness. That being said, I don't expect him to play like crap and I don't expect to lose. Am I confident? How can I be after the last two games? I will, however, not give up on Price or this team and expect them to lose, as many fans have gotten too used to doing this last 15 years.

As bad as Kovolev, Hamarlik, A. Kostitskn, Brisebois, Gorges and streit were last night, I think Carbo has to take a lot of the blame for the last couple of games.

Julian made adustments to his lineup and to the way the bruins played.

Carbo & Co, simply did not respond. THe following are the biggest gaffes, that i just don't understand:

1) I really don't understand why Striet was back in the game for the following reasons:

- He has not played well the whole series

- he clearly was not ready injury wise

2) PP sucks

- Why the hell didn't the try and change things up?? The habs kept on trying for the same plays (i.e. cute cross ice passes

when the bruins had already taken away the play. The PP worked well all season, bcoz of the habs ability to mix things up.

so far in the playoffs, i can pretty much call the play the habs are going to try for, so it is pretty obvious the Bruins know

what the habs are going to try

- Why wasn't Kovy playing with Koivu on the PP last night????????????????

3) lineup

- i was really hoping that Stewart would get into the lineup. He is the kind of player the habs need against the physical bruins. He

also showed a lot more offensive upside against the leafs then Dandenualt. Ryder did not deserve to be in the lineup.

- Gorges was good down the strech, but has sucked in the playoffs. As has Brisbois for the last three games. Again, O'Byrne should

have been in there.

3) Overall strategy

- the coaching staff HAS to make adjustments

- the habs are getting drawn in to being physical rather then using their speed and it has backfired.

yesterday, Chara hammered Koistitysn, and he never went hard into the corner againd for the rest of the game;

- they need to play THEIR game which is speed not a hard hitting trap game.

- every time they are up, they are sitting on a one goal lead with 2/3 of the game left to play.

Totally ridiculous. Even if he loses (which he won't), he'll have gained valuable playoff experience for next year. All these folks that are suicidal and foaming at the mouth...would have called anyone who suggested that the Habs would finish 1st and would go 7 games in the first round this year an idiot. It's actually pretty funny to watch some of the wannabe experts and what they deem fact :lol: People really need to lower their caffeine intake and try and enjoy game 7 while CHEERING their team on.

Totally ridiculous. Even if he loses (which he won't), he'll have gained valuable playoff experience for next year. All these folks that are suicidal and foaming at the mouth...would have called anyone who suggested that the Habs would finish 1st and would go 7 games in the first round this year an idiot. It's actually pretty funny to watch some of the wannabe experts and what they deem fact :lol: People really need to lower their caffeine intake and try and enjoy game 7 while CHEERING their team on.

Ya think. I am still waiting for somebody to explain to me how he played poorly last night. Actual analysis would be appreciated.

So on one hand the expectation is that he needs to play like a Hall of Famer at the age of 20 and stop essentially

even gimme scoring chances, and if he does not he played poorly and could possibly ruin his future because losing in game 7 would be to

much for him to handle mentally.

And now some are calling for Huet who has been average in his series and down 3-2.

All irrational arguments. The kid was lights out in Games 1-4 and if he wasn't we would already be discussing who

Gainey has to get rid of for next season.

The kid is 20 years old. Have we already forgotten what he has accomplished in the last 15 months? Do mentally weak players

accomplish these things?

Last night's result was a team breakdown. Koivu has received a ton of praise even though he was late on two critical backchecks

that resulted in his man scoring goals. Why is it that Price made about 5-6 massive saves last night and Thomas made 1?

Flip the goalies for this series and tell me what the result's will be. Price is the least of my concerns

Ya think. I am still waiting for somebody to explain to me how he played poorly last night. Actual analysis would be appreciated.

So on one hand the expectation is that he needs to play like a Hall of Famer at the age of 20 and stop essentially

even gimme scoring chances, and if he does not he played poorly and could possibly ruin his future because losing in game 7 would be to

much for him to handle mentally.

And now some are calling for Huet who has been average in his series and down 3-2.

All irrational arguments. The kid was lights out in Games 1-4 and if he wasn't we would already be discussing who

Gainey has to get rid of for next season.

The kid is 20 years old. Have we already forgotten what he has accomplished in the last 15 months? Do mentally weak players

accomplish these things?

Last night's result was a team breakdown. Koivu has received a ton of praise even though he was late on two critical backchecks

that resulted in his man scoring goals. Why is it that Price made about 5-6 massive saves last night and Thomas made 1?

Flip the goalies for this series and tell me what the result's will be. Price is the least of my concerns

You manage to mention Koivu in every one of your posts today, in defense of Price. Give it a rest on the captain, please. He is not who we should be pointing out right now. He's not even supposed to be playing, and wouldnt be if not for the rest of the slackers.

He was +1, had 2 pts, and won 71% of faceoffs....just what we needed, really. Late on backchecks, well one was a perfect pass to Kessl, even though Koivu was right with him. The other one, yah maybe he was late......ON A BROKEN FOOT. A little slack, maybe.

His positives far outweighed his negatives. Price's play this series defends Price. No need to point out, of all people, Koivu, in Price's defense.

A little bit of blame can be directed at him but i feel that it is the Habs underachieving. We are messing up on simple plays like clearing it from our own end.

That's awesome.

No matter which way the Habs go in game 7, we will find out exactly what Carey Price is made of. he's a young kid, under an insane amount of pressure. The last time we saw this was 1986, with a guy with a 3 letter last name and two 3's on the back of his jersey. He came through just fine and turned out to be one of the top 2 (giving Brodeur his due) best goaltenders of all time.

If he crumbles, then he will be a decent starting oalie, but not one that will take you to any Stanley Cups... if he's solid, and plays a good game, win or lose, he's the legit goalie of the future.

In the mean time, I was at Pepsi centre tonight, and Theo was brilliant. Thanks for him. I think we (the Avs) won that trade.

ummmm, so let me get this straight...if he crumbles as a 20 year old rookie in his first NHL playoffs that means he will never be a Stanley Cup goaltender! Umm....ok...so...wow...like...I...dunno what to say realy.....except, here is the door! Go back to Avs land plz!

As bad as Kovolev, Hamarlik, A. Kostitskn, Brisebois, Gorges and streit were last night, I think Carbo has to take a lot of the blame for the last couple of games.

Julian made adustments to his lineup and to the way the bruins played.

Carbo & Co, simply did not respond. THe following are the biggest gaffes, that i just don't understand:

1) I really don't understand why Striet was back in the game for the following reasons:

- He has not played well the whole series

- he clearly was not ready injury wise

2) PP sucks

- Why the hell didn't the try and change things up?? The habs kept on trying for the same plays (i.e. cute cross ice passes

when the bruins had already taken away the play. The PP worked well all season, bcoz of the habs ability to mix things up.

so far in the playoffs, i can pretty much call the play the habs are going to try for, so it is pretty obvious the Bruins know

what the habs are going to try

- Why wasn't Kovy playing with Koivu on the PP last night????????????????

3) lineup

- i was really hoping that Stewart would get into the lineup. He is the kind of player the habs need against the physical bruins. He

also showed a lot more offensive upside against the leafs then Dandenualt. Ryder did not deserve to be in the lineup.

- Gorges was good down the strech, but has sucked in the playoffs. As has Brisbois for the last three games. Again, O'Byrne should

have been in there.

3) Overall strategy

- the coaching staff HAS to make adjustments

- the habs are getting drawn in to being physical rather then using their speed and it has backfired.

yesterday, Chara hammered Koistitysn, and he never went hard into the corner againd for the rest of the game;

- they need to play THEIR game which is speed not a hard hitting trap game.

- every time they are up, they are sitting on a one goal lead with 2/3 of the game left to play.

Man, I totally agree, we are so loyal to these vets, when O'Byrne, Stewart, D'Agostino should be replacing Brisebois, Dandenault and maybe even Begin. I've been calling for a line change-up for a while but a lot of fans disagreed. The 2 forwards I mentioned, bless their hearts, really try hard but they are so unimaginative, non-creative, they go up and down but other than hit there's not much else. I don't need to justify why O'byrne should be in. In fact, OB probably feels Game 5 was his fault since Carrbonneau benched him for Game 6. Also Smolinski, man he irritates me with his slow, uninterested skating style. I know he takes face-offs so we have to keep him in. This is Game 7 now boys, there's no more time to wait and see. Anyway, having said that, from all my years of experience, I know a beaten team when I see one, and the Habs looked pathetic after the game. The most disturbing thing I keep hearing in my head is Carbonneau saying they have to beat us 3 games in a row as if that was impossible. Yeah Carbo, how do you feel this morning? God, I hope we win tomorrow night so I can put myself in my place.

You manage to mention Koivu in every one of your posts today, in defense of Price. Give it a rest on the captain, please. He is not who we should be pointing out right now. He's not even supposed to be playing, and wouldnt be if not for the rest of the slackers.

He was +1, had 2 pts, and won 71% of faceoffs....just what we needed, really. Late on backchecks, well one was a perfect pass to Kessl, even though Koivu was right with him. The other one, yah maybe he was late......ON A BROKEN FOOT. A little slack, maybe.

His positives far outweighed his negatives. Price's play this series defends Price. No need to point out, of all people, Koivu, in Price's defense.

Koivu missed his man on two goals, but ya, you've gotta cut the guy some slack being off for 3 weeks and out there with a bum ankle. He probably shouldn't be playing and if we had closed out the series in game 5 wouldn't have had to. Kudos to the captains heart. Yes he won a ton of faceoffs, but without those two missed checks it's a different game. Still, I call it a team loss all the way...some performed, some didn't...welcome to this entire season. Hopefully EVERYONE answers the bell tomorrow.

Carbo sucked as a coach at the beginning of the year. He made some adjustments and the Habs had success.

This is the playoffs and Carbo is still in learning mode. Unless he is ready to make some adjustments, we are done.

If players are not responding or playing according to instructions, it is his responsibility to make the changes.

At least he should be learning from this.

Koivu missed his man on two goals, but ya, you've gotta cut the guy some slack being off for 3 weeks and out there with a bum ankle. He probably shouldn't be playing and if we had closed out the series in game 5 wouldn't have had to. Kudos to the captains heart. Yes he won a ton of faceoffs, but without those two missed checks it's a different game. Still, I call it a team loss all the way...some performed, some didn't...welcome to this entire season. Hopefully EVERYONE answers the bell tomorrow.

Agreed, this was a team loss. I just thought he was one of our better individuals.....especially given the circumstances. He missed a coverage there, but again more positives than negatives. I just thought for him to be called out, given he was even playing, was wrong.

I'm not surprised, though, given the crap he takes around here.