Saku Koivu returns tonight

TheAussiePosse

It begins with Team 990, which isn't the most solid of sources, but from the mouth of Tony Marinaro and the pen of Eric Engels, heralding the return of our captain, Saku Antero Koivu.

Tonight is game time, and as far as many of us are concerned, it's Game 1 of a 'Best of 1' series. Price has put last game behind him, as have the Bruins, so we've got a game on our hands.

I look forward to seeing the line-up...

Edited by TheAussiePosse

Word is Ryder and O'Byrne will sit if Bouillion returns as well. It would be strange to see them both back in the same game away from home, but it would make sense - Carbo doesn't want to waste any more time on the Pooh Bears, especially with Pitt and NY resting.

Great news, Koivu takes some of the pressure off Kovalev and Bouillon is a solid addition to our PK and he's reliable.

The real cavalry would be... Max Pac!!!

No need to rush a prospect like Max. You should know this. ;)

Let's see if this helps put the series away. Tough to go into Beantown, but it will be a true measure of the team's willingness and ability to end a team's playoff hopes. I guess what I'm trying to say is.... Killer instinct.

The return of Saks is huge. But let's remember, he hasn't exactly played like a superstar this season, so if we're all expecting him to deliver miracles, we might want to hold off on the party hats.

I think his real value will be to team energy. We've got our leader and captain back. Psychologically, that's big.

The return of Saks is huge. But let's remember, he hasn't exactly played like a superstar this season, so if we're all expecting him to deliver miracles, we might want to hold off on the party hats.

I think his real value will be to team energy. We've got our leader and captain back. Psychologically, that's big.

I think everyone is with you in your statement. All I hope for is that he lights a spark in the rest of the team. We need some sort of juice to put this thing away and move on to the next round. It would be nice if the TlTTlIES can get bouncing again.

If another Habs fan is attacked after the game (like following game 4), I will personally firebomb the TD Banknorth Garden myself. It's such a terrible thing for a sport like ours that fans can be beaten, kicked in the face and left for dead by idiots (they don't deserve to be called 'fans'). Hopefully there'll be a police presence there tonight.

If another Habs fan is attacked after the game (like following game 4), I will personally firebomb the TD Banknorth Garden myself. It's such a terrible thing for a sport like ours that fans can be beaten, kicked in the face and left for dead by idiots (they don't deserve to be called 'fans'). Hopefully there'll be a police presence there tonight.

No SHlT........ That story is creepy, at least they caught the guys.

Koivu was a huge force last nite. Left it all out there. Willing to throw his body into the fire and played a great physical game. Put with Higgins and Kovalev, they were the Habs best line(Smokes line was solid too), especially in the first period when the team was struggling. When the younsters see Saku laying it all on the line, they have no choice but to follow. Only had one assist but i thought Saku had an amazing game. And it was very unlikely that he was 100% healthy.

Great work Saku. Keep it up!!

Koivu was a huge force last nite. Left it all out there. Willing to throw his body into the fire and played a great physical game. Put with Higgins and Kovalev, they were the Habs best line(Smokes line was solid too), especially in the first period when the team was struggling. When the younsters see Saku laying it all on the line, they have no choice but to follow. Only had one assist but i thought Saku had an amazing game. And it was very unlikely that he was 100% healthy.

Great work Saku. Keep it up!!

Without his return they probably do not win the series. He was great last night and lead the way to victory. A much more complete game for him

than Game 6. His return was essentially a 2 for 1 because we got Higgins back as well.

Without his return they probably do not win the series. He was great last night and lead the way to victory. A much more complete game for him

than Game 6. His return was essentially a 2 for 1 because we got Higgins back as well.

Is this where I get to puff my chest out and say "I told you so"? ^_^

Like I said in the Game Thread...if anyone ever tries to question Koivu's leadership again, they should be strung up from the Bell centre rafters and left to dangle there in their underpants. He may not be the star he should have been, he may be on the downside, but not a leader?? Save that nonsense for Tory attack ads, please

Like I said in the Game Thread...if anyone ever tries to question Koivu's leadership again, they should be strung up from the Bell centre rafters and left to dangle there in their underpants. He may not be the star he should have been, he may be on the downside, but not a leader?? Save that nonsense for Tory attack ads, please

If you tihnk he is on the downside wait until you see the season he will have nect year.

And hopefully the playoffs he has to come.

If you tihnk he is on the downside wait until you see the season he will have nect year.

And hopefully the playoffs he has to come.

Remember at the trade deadline when everyone on these boards were saying let's trade Koivu to a contender for a 1st line centre?

Let's bring this man a STANLEY CUP RING!!!!!!!!! For F**CK Sakes.........IN MONTREAL!!!!!!!!!!!