Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread | Game 7

Fanpuck33

The fancy game threads haven't been working out too well for us lately, time to get back to basics.

boston150.gif@ montreal200.gif

"To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be yours to hold it high."

gallery26.jpg

Let's lift the torch, play hard, and end this series the right way.

Series tied 3-3

A must win for the Habs, who look to Carey Price to step up his game.

No expected lineup changes for Montreal.

Gametime: Monday at 7 PM

TV: CBC, RDS, Versus

Radio: CJAD, CKAC

Forcaster

TSN Ice Chips

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Habs loose this game and thus the serie, they will only have themselves to blame.

It should not have come to this and not even the forum gods could have predicted it, but, we have to pull through and shake the gremlins that the bears have put in Carey Price' head.

If the habs give 20% more effort than the last two games we can pull it off.

Is our whole defensive core injured ? caus they seem pretty beat up out there.

Go habs go ... and save the year that will be forgotten if we loose tomorrow.

Edited by jrhabs

Ok, seriously... Time to put Ryder and Latendresse back in the Line-Up. We are playing in our end too much because we only have two offensive lines.

Kovalev- PLeks- Kosty

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Latendresse - Lapierre - Kosty

Begin - Smolinski - Kostopolus

Hamrlik - Brisebois

Markov - Komisarek

Streit - Boullion

I too am wavering over whether to watch this. Every instinct, built on 20 years of watching hockey, tells me that we're heading not simply for a defeat but for a blowout. Price HAS to be rattled - not his fault, but how can a goalie give up 5+ goals in back to back games and not be? He likely needs a few days off to regroup. He ain't gonna get it. The defence are absolutely hapless, completely owned by the Bs massive forecheck, completely hearing footsteps...and also injured. The only bright spot is that some of our forwards had a good game 6 (Pleks, Higgins, Koivu) but even that is counterbalanced by the evaporation of Kovalev last night. All around, the stars look to be aligning toward a total humiliation.

:puke: Prove me wrong, lads.

I too am wavering over whether to watch this. Every instinct, built on 20 years of watching hockey, tells me that we're heading not simply for a defeat but for a blowout. Price HAS to be rattled - not his fault, but how can a goalie give up 5+ goals in back to back games and not be? He likely needs a few days off to regroup. He ain't gonna get it. The defence are absolutely hapless, completely owned by the Bs massive forecheck, completely hearing footsteps...and also injured. The only bright spot is that some of our forwards had a good game 6 (Pleks, Higgins, Koivu) but even that is counterbalanced by the evaporation of Kovalev last night. All around, the stars look to be aligning toward a total humiliation.

:puke: Prove me wrong, lads.

I don't expect a blowout. I expect Carbo, Muller, Jarvis to go back to what they know the best and

play into the Bs hands. I also expect one team will take advantage of their break and win the series.

More Game 3-4 then 5-6. If that is the case. The Habs will have their shot and can win the game.

Well, I stayed away from the board last night, as I knew what I'd be reading. After reading what everyone has to say, I see that most agree with me....we are in big trouble. No change in our gameplan or gameplay.

This game will be hatrd to watch...especially if we dont get an early 2 goal lead.

Enough of the negative shit.

Remember the 1ST PLACE OR BUST THREAD?

There were no negatives and we did it!

Edit your negatives posts please, and belive!

:ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

I think I figured it out...

Each home game brings in mllions of dollars for a team, so the Habs KNOW they can dominate the Bruins and just let them win to make extra money for the owner. They will absolutely DOMINATE the Bruins in Game 7.

It was all about money. Now the real Habs show up and WIN.

Kovalev gets a hatty!

I think I figured it out...

Each home game brings in mllions of dollars for a team, so the Habs KNOW they can dominate the Bruins and just let them win to make extra money for the owner. They will absolutely DOMINATE the Bruins in Game 7.

It was all about money. Now the real Habs show up and WIN.

Kovalev gets a hatty!

:lol:

:ghg:

Keys to salvage this mess:

-PP must come back to form, 2 for 29 is not acceptable. Speciality teams has lot to do with preperation and coaching, Boston has done their homework, outchancing Habs while they are SH, if they were clicking at Regular season rate ( 25%) we would have 5/6 more goals!! SERIES OVER!!

-KILLER INSTINCT, 3 leads and cant pull off the extra goal??? 0 for 3 in PP, when had chance to build 2 goal lead...hmmmm

-3rd period meltdowns , outscored 10 to 3 in series... win games in playoffs in 3rd!!!

-Defensive lapses, is MARKOV injured?? Brisebois is showing he is falling behind play, KESSEL is killing them.

-PRICE, first to CLARIFY ( NOT TO BLAME), and please do not misinterpret, but MONTREAL and PRICE had a huge PSCYH. advantage as soon as BOSTON won the first game, and also scored for 5 goals in game 6, BOSTON is playing confident feeling they solved MONTREAL and PRICE. AND are going into 3rd period like world beaters. THIS HAS TO STOP, Habs have to come up flying in 3rd, build on their lead from first 2 periods, or else in trouble.

Also, PRICE, is a big goalie, butterfly style, and yes the 5th goal, was a hard one, and defensive lapses, but I taped the game, watched it over again, but with rebound, 2 seconds on his KNEES, he had time to move up, and move laterally and WOULD BE in a "BETTER" position, not saying his fault or he would still save it..

BUT WATCH PRICE EARLY ON GAME 7, see if he goes down early, or after going down, he stays down in BUTTERFLY STLE, while very effective covering lower part of net ( and I am sure MELANSON is coaching him to do so), BOSTON obviously are going HIGH, BLOCKER SIDE ON HIM, he needs to move up especially moving to his right ( he doesnt have his glove out)

WATCH HIS TENDENCY THIS WAY, and will tell us how strong he will be, JUST AN OBSERVATION FOLKS!!!

BOTTOM LINE:

SCORE on PP

WIN 3rd period

BUILD 2 GOAL lead

SUPPORT Price

and HABS WIN SERIES..

Easier said than done..

Here is Luck to everyone..

Edited by HabsWEST

If we can get up 2 goals and get the first goal, I'm a realist and we are gonna make it.

Else, the roof will cave.

Unless Price steals one for us :)(pretty much our only hope)

Unless Price steals one for us :)(pretty much our only hope)

I fully expect two teams to not take any chances in this one.

Price will play well, but will the D give him any support? If Hamrlik, Markov, Gorges, Breezer can dig

down for one more game then they will win.

I am not bursting with confidence, but momentum can change on a shift, so a strong start will go a long way

to win on Monday night.