Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread | Game 7

Fanpuck33

O.K

We have nothing to lose. When Gainey traded Huet it wasn't because he thought Price would guarantee a cup, but it would guarantee Price experience. Huet was not going to be around after this summer anyway. It's a win win situation for us. We might be bummed with a loss tomorrow but it wouldn't be the end of the world, our boys are learning what it's going to take to win a cup. They are learning how to reach down a little deeper inside themselves.

It's going to be a tight checking game with very few scoring chances.

1-0 Montreal double overtime. 11:29 2nd overtime - Tom Kostopoulus

GOHABSGO!!!!!!

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K

We have nothing to lose. When Gainey traded Huet it wasn't because he thought Price would guarantee a cup, but it would guarantee Price experience. Huet was not going to be around after this summer anyway. It's a win win situation for us. We might be bummed with a loss tomorrow but it wouldn't be the end of the world, our boys are learning what it's going to take to win a cup. They are learning how to reach down a little deeper inside themselves.

Nice post. It's true, this was never intended to be *The Year* and, when you think about it, humiliating defeats are often part of the pattern for emerging contenders. Thanks for the reminder that this is all gravy...helps to keep things in perspective.

My avatar tells me that we'll meet Washington in the 2nd round

Book it

If we can pull this off the habs would play philly or the rangers. If washington makes it though theyll play the Pens, as they were #3 and #2 respectively in the conference.

My avatar tells me that we'll meet Washington in the 2nd round

Can't happen, we either got the Rags, or Philly (Considering we get by the Bruins)

We need to abandon our trap and put forecheck pressure on their slow-footed D!

We should make 2 lineup changes: (OB for Breezer, and Gui for Dandy)

Habs 4 (Markov-Kosty Sr.-Tommy K.-Kovalev)

B's 2

GHG!!!!!!!

My guts are churning over this game already...it's gonna be a tense night sitting on the edge of my seat unless we come out and thump them like we did in game 1. Which COULD HAPPEN, with an aggressive forecheck. Let's hope Guy tells em to go for it.

My guts are churning over this game already...it's gonna be a tense night sitting on the edge of my seat unless we come out and thump them like we did in game 1. Which COULD HAPPEN, with an aggressive forecheck. Let's hope Guy tells em to go for it.

Of course he'll tell them, question is will they respond?? I sense a tight, low scoring, goaltenders stealing the show. Repeat of '04 Game 7. Habs 2, Broons 0. Kovalev, Begin (EN)

Either way it goes, i am ready for it. The decision was go with the youth and some veterans.

We will see tonight where it goes.

This team is young, unpredictable and has a lot of potential growing, nothing can change that.

The true fans are ready for what is going to happen. They are gonna support this team this year the further it goes

next year and the years after.

All the bandwagoneers, medias using habs to get personal notority, everybody that will

blame players, to coaches to organization if something wrong happen. I pity them and i will close my mind to them.

So it's game 7 anything can happen in hockey.

This is my last post about this serie. I wish good luck to the habs players.

Either way it goes, i am ready for it. The decision was go with the youth and some veterans.

We will see tonight where it goes.

This team is young, unpredictable and has a lot of potential growing, nothing can change that.

The true fans are ready for what is going to happen. They are gonna support this team this year the further it goes

next year and the years after.

All the bandwagoneers, medias using habs to get personal notority, everybody that will

blame players, to coaches to organization if something wrong happen. I pity them and i will close my mind to them.

So it's game 7 anything can happen in hockey.

This is my last post about this serie. I wish good luck to the habs players.

:clap: :hlogo: :clap:

If we win, I'm going nutz, if we lose, I'm going nutz ! I'M GOING NUTZ TONIGHT !!!

Nice post. It's true, this was never intended to be *The Year* and, when you think about it, humiliating defeats are often part of the pattern for emerging contenders. Thanks for the reminder that this is all gravy...helps to keep things in perspective.

Well if you look at some of the most succesful franchises of the last 20 years they all had their monster playoff disappointments.

Dallas Stars - 11 straight years +90 points, 8 100+ point seasons, 2 Stanley Cup Finals and 1 Stanley Cup.

1997 - Dallas with 104 points loses in 7 games to the Oilers with 81 points.

Detroit Red Wings - 15 straight years +90 points, 12 100 point seasons, 4 Stanley Cup Finals and 3 Stanley Cups

1994 - Detroit with 100 points loses in 7 games to the Sharks with 82 points

Colorado Avalanche - 12 straight years +90 points, 5 100+ point seasons, 2 Stanley Cups

1995 - Quebec with 65 points loses in 6 games to the Rangers with 47 points

New Jersey had some early letdowns as well, but not on the same level as those 3 perennial contenders.

I am not rationalizing in case the Habs lose tonight. But I think that some have lost perspective with the leap the Habs have made this season.

Making the playoffs and strides from the youngsters was the goal in October. They made the playoffs and saw significant improvement from

Komisarek, A. Kostitsyn, S. Kostitsyn, Plekanec, Gorges, Lapierre, Price and Halak.

The season goal was met. Now this is all bonus material. Huet was dealt so Price could deal with NHL Playoff pressure in order to prepare

him for next season and beyond. He has played great and has suffered some rookie breakdowns. Ovechkin is struggling

while being mugged on a nightly basis with no calls and is just now making adjustments, same with Crosby last year. It is a steep and difficult

learning curve.

But this being Montreal the Roy/Dryden comparison's began and a first seed in the East got everybody dreaming about a Stanley Cup.

3-4 months ago that discussion was absurd. Will I be disappointed should they lose tonight? Hell yeah I will. But it changes nothing in

regards to next season.

Here is hoping they dig down deep and get it done tonight and the kids escape intact while learning their lesson.

Edited by Wamsley01

How could any of us miss this? I haven't been posting much lately, too busy, but the time is now.

If in September I had told you we would need to beat the Booins in a game 7 to advance to the 2nd round, how many of you would have happily taken it then? Well here we are, rejoice!!

We will win tonight for the following reasons...

1 Sam Pollock is dead.

2 Sam has gathered the ghosts from the forum

3 Sam brought said ghosts to the Bell

4 There will be a tri colour sea of 20,000 coming at Thomas every shift

5 The Rocket's spirit is leading that rush

6 Montreal is just a better team than Boston this season

7 Bergeron will come back early and be as slow as Koivu was last game, costing them 2 goals, beaten by Pleks

8 Ryder will have his 1 in 15 games, result, hat trick

9 Thomas has played over his head, full credit, but he is due for a bad one.

10 Our PP is about to explode, Ying and Yang, it is the best, that doesn't happen by fluke. 8 for 8 to correct avg.

Final result

Montreal 10 Boston 2

Pleks 3

Ryder 3

Lapiere

Kovelev 1 plus 2 assists

Kosto

Markov

Bring on the Flyers!

The call will be made!

GO HABS GO !!!!

Don't just wear the shirt. BE THE SHIRT !!!!

In Bob We Trust!

My season started with Preseason vs Boston in Halifax, Pleks hat trick, which he repeats tonight. It won't end against these mediocre team!

While I've been very happy with the way our fourth line has played this series, I don't want to see much of them until we hopefully get a lead. If we lose and they play alot, for me, it'll make it that much worse. Lets play our game, we have more talent on paper. We're on home ice, win with the horses that got us into the playoffs. Every stat we can come up with, throw them all into the mighty St. Lawrence river, because they all mean zero in a winner take all seventh game.

I feel better about things today but this quote sums it up nicely.

I don't feel the same as that Toronto game. The Habs never answered the Bell last year in the final 3 months,

the last game was a microcosm of the whole season, get off to a big lead and collapse down the stretch.

But this year they have been answering the bell all year, they finished 1st in the East, had 1 3 game losing streak all year,

they won 3 playoff games and with all the doom and gloom lead the Bruins 3-2 with 7 minutes to go and were tied 4-4 with less than 5 to go.

They have been exposed as a young team who does not know how to win in the playoffs, a young coaching staff that seems to have

been just as overconfident as the players and a team that may lack the hunger to do whatever it takes to win.

If they leave it all on the ice tonight they will win. If they shy away from the contact and look for the Bruins to roll over they are toast.

Good morning boys. I'll be at the Bell Centre for the game tonight. I'm nervous, very nervous. The Pooh-Bears have the MOMENTUM, and that makes them dangerous, cause they believe that they can actually pull off the upset.

Our boys have their backs up against the wall for the first time in the series, and we will see how they'll react!

Tell you the truth, i'm scared shitless that our boys will lose tonight. I just hope that they will play like they did in the first game.

a team that may lack the hunger to do whatever it takes to win.

True, the Bruins look like they want it more. Let's hope it'll change tonight!

Edited by Habsfan

The Habs will win because they have to. All year they have come up big when the chips were really down. If the lowclass broons manage to fluke another game then we will all stand up and applaud the team for a great season, and know that the cup comes home next year. :clap: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

Let them play Guy! We didn't win the East by taking a one-goal lead and locking it down.

We won the East by scoring the first goal and then the second and the third...

Let them skate... stop trying to play a defensive game with a team built for offense.

Where is this game being carried in the US?

I have my DISH DVR set to record this game on the centre Ice channel (from Boston).

VERSUS in the channel guide says Wash vs Philly but VERSUS website says Habs vs Bruins.

I'm nervous as hell right now. I have an exam at 330 but i can barely even study for it because all i can think about is the game tonight...

I really hope that Carbo puts Koivu with Kovalev if things arent working well. Maybe they can rekindle the magic they had in the 04 playoffs.

My desktop background is Richard Zednik celebrating after his goal in game 7 in 04...