Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread | Game 7

Fanpuck33

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow whatever you smoked you should not do that again.

Or at least share!

Looking like we'll go with the same lineups... Too bad, I was hoping to see OB in there.

Or at least share!

Looking like we'll go with the same lineups... Too bad, I was hoping to see OB in there.

Wow. After the last 2 performances?

Wow. After the last 2 performances?

Is that in response to the same lineups or to me wanting to see OB in there?

I sure hope our D (mainly Markov, Hammer and Streit (tho.. he'll be F) are looking.... less injured

I hope Saku and Cube have found their legs.

We should be ok! Carbo is busting out the lucky Tie, which is undefeated. :claps:

If we lose, that's really gonna hurt its auction value.

Not surprising. I might have stuck Ryder in there on the off-chance that he'll have a good night. But frankly, such tinkering at the edges will make little difference. It's Game 7, for God's sake. The Core - Kovalev, Plekanec, Higgins, Koivu, Markov, Hamrlik, Komisarek, Price - has to stand and deliver. The role players will play their roles - they have done so all series. It's The Core that will determine whether we play our 'A' game or not. End of story.

I'd include Andrei Kostystin in The Core, but he's been so abysmal that any decent plays he supplies are a bonus.

Come on boys I have faith, but it may be scary. Remember 2 overtimes, Game 7 against Hartford. I'll never forget Corson and Dionne centre ice.

Hmm... it's not the Courtnall goal I remembered.

I remember Courtinall scoring an OT/GWG against Hartford by winning a race to a dumped puck against the other goalie and scoring in an almost empty net.

Anyone else knows which goal I'm taking about?

The Habs will win because they have to. All year they have come up big when the chips were really down. If the lowclass broons manage to fluke another game then we will all stand up and applaud the team for a great season, and know that the cup comes home next year. :clap: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

Oh! - Okay then. :clap::clap::clap: Thanks for the wonderful ride this season and being pretenders to 1st overall in the conference.

Kovalev will play a 6th seventh game. In the 5 seventh games he played before, he's 5-0.

All the stats point our way. But anything can happen in Game 7.

The Courtnall goal you remember came in his first year with the Habs in 1989.

In Game 4 he beat Kay Whitmore to the puck and ended the first round series by sliding it into the empty net in OT to sweep the series.

Sorry, just looked it up. It was Game 3 and it gave the Habs a 3-0 lead in the series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988-89_NHL_season

Edited by Wamsley01

The Courtnall goal you remember came in his first year with the Habs in 1989.

In Game 4 he beat Kay Whitmore to the puck and ended the first round series by sliding it into the empty net in OT to sweep the series.

Yeah, that's the one I remembered. Crazy way to score an OT goal.

Yeah, that's the one I remembered. Crazy way to score an OT goal.

I had forgotten all about that goal until you said that. Then the image of him doing a ridiculous dance as he celebrated it

popped into my head. The walking on the spot with his arms in the air celebration.

He scored at least 10 goals that season because he won races to pucks.

He also ended a game against the Sabres in 90 or 91 Playoffs on a clear cut breakaway.

Let's hope for a hero like that tonight

Edited by Wamsley01

I had forgotten all about that goal until you said that. Then the image of him doing a ridiculous dance as he celebrated it

popped into my head. The walking on the spot with his arms in the air celebration.

Hehehe. Old timers' memory.

And who could forget Shayne Corson's OT goal against the Bruins in Game 6 of the 91 series. We lost Game 7 in Boston, but that Corson OT goal was epic. I jumped so high I knocked my head on the ceiling of our living room.

Hey Koz,

Check your Sympatico email, 940 Montreal wants to interview you

Yeah I saw that. Not sure if I can do it. I've got no problems talking in English, but I'm borderline hard of hearing and I sometimes have a hard time discerning words when listening, especially over the phone. So being live on the radio isn't really the right place to go: "I didn't understand a word you say, could you repeat louder and clearer 2-3 times please?"

Well, I am sure hoping for a win tonight. While we went with youth to get them experience, the more rounds the better. :)

Personally, I don't think we can beat the Pens to get out of the east, but as long as you are alive anything can happen. Injuries for example. (ie. malkin runs into Crosby and the both end up on the 6 week injured reserve... :) )

I too feel that the key tonight is to play our kind of hockey. Fast and furious. Destroy their slow defense and put the game away early. If we keep playing this chicken shit defensive, hang on to the lead trap, we are going to be in tough, imo.

Hehehe. Old timers' memory.

And who could forget Shayne Corson's OT goal against the Bruins in Game 6 of the 91 series. We lost Game 7 in Boston, but that Corson OT goal was epic. I jumped so high I knocked my head on the ceiling of our living room.

Yeah and he ended it on his ass huggin Richer's legs :)

Man that was a great line back then. I remember I was pissed when they traded Corson. But it all worked out with Vinny coming back this way.

Edited by Wamsley01

Yeah I saw that. Not sure if I can do it. I've got no problems talking in English, but I'm borderline hard of hearing and I sometimes have a hard time discerning words when listening, especially over the phone. So being live on the radio isn't really the right place to go: "I didn't understand a word you say, could you repeat louder and clearer 2-3 times please?"

Haha, fair enough.

Maybe call up and explain that you're prefer to do it pre-recorded. That way they can edit it out in the next 3 1/2 hours.

Say you're in witness protection program or something, and you can't talk live or your life is in jeopardy.

Alternatively, just ask them if you can rant for 10 minutes, if they can email you the questions first, and you'll go from there.

Shouldn't be a problem ;)