Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread | Game 7

Fanpuck33

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!! What's carbo been doing for the last two days. He hasn't changed the game plan. This does not look good. If he didn't change it in two days...he can't change it in the intermission.

Habs get the puck then stop skating and start looking around to make the pass ~ that just won't work against a go-to team like the Bruins. Habs need to cycle and use their speed, hope they can pull that out in the second or we'll see a repeat of the last two games

there is little to no breakout from the habs anymore.

We owe that lead to outstanding play by Price. What a beast he is tonight.

I am frustrated that Carbo has put kovalev back on the Plekanec line. I don't understand it at all.

Koivu, Higgins and Kovalev are responsible for a goal and were very dangerous on every shift they had together. Line is playing great so Carbo switches it up, I don't get it. :wacko:

I really don't think this is about coaching.. in interviews, Carbo and Muller are saying the same things we are.. skate harder, play physical...

Unfortunately, we don't have enough players willing or capable to do that..

I am frustrated that Carbo has put kovalev back on the Plekanec line. I don't understand it at all.

Koivu, Higgins and Kovalev are responsible for a goal and were very dangerous on every shift they had together. Line is playing great so Carbo switches it up, I don't get it. :wacko:

I think that was a result of Kovy being on the PK and missing the line's shift since it was right after the kill was over.

anyone just hear what Cherry said? I generally dont watch when he's on.

But MacLean tried to bait him into praising the Bruins and he made a comment about how Ron was trying to get him into trouble. Looks like the CBC has told Don so STFU about his beloved Bruins and to support the Canadian teams.

very nice.

I think it was more about the pleks line without him.. I don't think he liked it.. .but who knows.. maybe he is going to double shift kovy around a bit...

Wait ... is he wearing a yellow and black tie?

Listen as long as he keeps his fat mouth shut I can handle it.

Edited by nhfarber

Wow, what a nervewracking period. Up 1-0, but very lucky to not be down. Great play by Price. Pretty shoody d out there.

Begin is probably the best Habs on the ice. Higgins and Koivu seem to have some jump. Otherwise the pickings are slim.

Really need that 2-0 goal.

At this moment, in this series, the Bruins are simply the better team: bigger, stronger, better in their own end, more in sync, more determined, and at least the equal of our speed.

I don't think these would be true most of the time. But that's how things stand right now: the Bruins are playing at 110% of normal capacity, we're at maybe 75%. We're simply overmatched by a team playing out of its collective mind.

So this is is a game we have to *steal.* Price is doing his part - he's been incredible. The flukey Komisarek goal is another step forward: that's how you steal these things. We need to ride out those long stretches in our own zone and come back and strike on whatever occasions are available.

I've seen the Montreal Canadiens steal enough games in my time to know it's possible. :hlogo: The point is, we ain't gonna win this one pretty.

The Koivu-Kovy-Higgins line looks great. The trouble is, it predictably leaves us with two weak lines. But kudos to Carbo for trying it, and I'd keep it up.

Whoa ho ho ho, Cherry is fighting back.

"I'm not against the Canadiens, I'm pro-Boston.

I coached 5 years there, was coach of the year ... yada yada ... why wouldn't I be for Boston."

What if Calgary plays Montreal in the Finals?

"I'll pick the team with the most Canadians."

Ugh ... douche.

Whoa ho ho ho, Cherry is fighting back.

"I'm not against the Canadiens, I'm pro-Boston.

I coached 5 years there, was coach of the year ... yada yada ... why wouldn't I be for Boston."

What if Calgary plays Montreal in the Finals?

"I'll pick the team with the most Canadians."

Ugh ... douche.

yah i take back what I said, F.UCK Cherry.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore?gid=2008042110

LMAO ... it appears Montreal pulled the goalie and put every single player on the ice against every player on Boston when Komisarek scored the goal.

Uh oh ... S. Kostitsyn might be injured for the game.

I am actually okay with Cherry's stance.. If I was up there watching the leafs, I would be pulling for anyone but... ;)

The issue I have is why the CBC doesn't bring in a pro Habs commentator to add to the team.. for example, at the 2nd intermission, talk up the habs...

I would rather cherry be honest then pretend he is pulling for the habs...

I havent felt this bad about a 1-0 lead in a game 7.....well....ever.

The D looks horrible. I know I've picked on Breezer, but that sequence where he gave it away cleanly, then took a slash......well it nearly made me stroke. But the whole D has looked awful. The boys are gripping their sticks at both ends....you dont fumble that many pucks otherwise.