Will / should Carbo go back to the Super Line ?

rafikz

I mean the Kovalev- Pleks -Big #### line

Guy made some good changes for Game 7, and it worked great, but what's next ?

What should SuperTie do for the rest of the playoffs ?

stay with Kovy-Koivu-Higs for game 1. If it keeps working, stick with it.

Good question. He may go back to the old for the first few games, I'm sure the players will have some input at practice for Carbo, but if it seems stale he will quickly come back to the new lines.

I'm sure we all would have the attitude of if it ain't broke don't fix it. I liked what I saw so I'll just trust Carbo. The TlTS together is pretty damn awesome though. We have a new weapon.

I think he goes back to the old format for game one, and mixes it up mid-way through the game if it doesn't work.

I agree; the Kovy - Big t-i-t-s - Pleks line is full of chemistry; we don't want to risk to lose game 1 at home.

If it doesn't work, then we'll change.

However, I have the feeling Carbo will go with the game 7 lines, because he may want to carry the momentum of that game.

Edited by rafikz

I'd prefer the Koivu Kovy Higgins line.

That makes two solid lines, and I think that the Kosty Bros play better together.

:ghg:

I think home games we'll see that Kovy-koivu and higgins since carbo will have last change so he wont have to play them against the richard line.

howver in philly I think that carbonneau will want to spread the wealth on two line..even maybe on the 3rd line as well.

Our best line vs Boston was the BSK grinder line.

They are key to a series win vs Philly.

Edited by MMPL

I am PRAYING that he leaves Kovy with Koivu and Higgins. They were awesome.

And the Brothers play better together, like they keep trying to one up the other, there laughing on the bench together. definitely leave them with Pleks. The big thing with Game 7 is it seemed like the players were enjoying themselves, even before they got the huge lead. THe bench was full of smiles and laughs and emotion, which is good in the playoffs. If the players are enjoying themselves, let them.

We need Ryder and Lats back though cause Philly is a team they can get going on!

Whichever way Carbo goes with the top two lines, they should be able to score against the Flyers. The only question will be the Lapierre line. Who plays wing. Most likely Streit will be on one wing and any one of Dandy, Lats, or maybe even Ryder.

I think Koivu got a boost from being on the top line again as well :) I say keep the Game 7 lines together. What will be more debated is who he puts in the bottom 6. Does he give Ryder and Latendresse another chance?

It ain't broke. Don't fix it.

If it ain't broke. Don't break it :)

- Charles Oakley -

They can always go back to the regular season units if they do not work. But I think I saw some

magic. Go with it until it doesn't work!

If it ain't broke. Don't break it :)

- Charles Oakley -

They can always go back to the regular season units if they do not work. But I think I saw some

magic. Go with it until it doesn't work!

I'm big fan of Oak ^_^

Our best line vs Boston was the BSK grinder line.

They are key to a series win vs Philly.

Good point

I think that Kovalev should stay with Koivu, because unlike the Plekanec and AKost duo, Koivu can get himself going even if Kovalev isn't on his game. When Kovy plays with Akost and Plex, if Kovy's not on, the line isn't on. However, with Koivu, Kovy doesn't need to be on right away, Koivu can get him going. Plex and the bros are too fast and young and oblivious to the pressure to struggle. Besides, they're an after thought if Koivu and Kovy are together. Stick with it Carbo. At least for the first game.

I REALLY liked the brothers together... I'd say : stick with this.

Let me ask you this - would you ever separate a pair of t.ts in real life?

I didn't think so...

If you wouldn't do it in real life, don't do it to the Habs either.

I didn't think so...

Very good point :lol:

I didn't think so...

et voilà...

I think both questions are actually related.

We need to go back to Andrei-Plekanec-Kovalev and our original lines. If we ever get desperate, we try Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev as our desperation super line. But if we keep that Koivu line together for the whole series then what do we do if we run into trouble?

For the tie, it's really the same thing. If Carbo wears it every game, well eventually we're going to lose and then it loses it's effect. We've gotta save it for the important games. That doesn't rule out Game 1.

Carbo can change that anytime but the practice trio was Super Line Plek Kost(s).

Second line should be the the Koivu the guy who people were complaining this year

with the guy everyone was complaining last year Kovalev and the underachiever of the year

with 25 goals Higgins. :lol: Super line...not even a nice name, i would call the the Redemption line.

This willl not be done but i would also like Dandenault out for one game he usually scores the game

after he's benched. Same for Latendresse, so Latendresse has been benched he would score tonight.

This willl not be done but i would also like Dandenault out for one game he usually scores the game

after he's benched. Same for Latendresse, so Latendresse has been benched he would score tonight.

I agree with that logic wholeheartedly. We can alternate them, guarantee we never get shut out and have to go streak.

Anyone know the Walther PPK weapon? I'm thinking we should call Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kostitsyn the PKK line.

They can join AK27 in ... [insert corny weapon/scoring euphemism here]

I agree with that logic wholeheartedly. We can alternate them, guarantee we never get shut out and have to go streak.

Anyone know the Walther PPK weapon? I'm thinking we should call Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kostitsyn the PKK line.

They can join AK27 in ... [insert corny weapon/scoring euphemism here]

Love your signature!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: