2008 NFL Draft

nhfarber

I hate to say it but I'm obsessed with the NFL draft. I'm not sure what it is but for whatever reason I love kicking back on draft weekend and watching the coverage.

Every year I try to put together some kind of mock draft for the first round. I'll probably make some updates the rest of the week but I have put it up on my website. Please take a look and I'd love to hear some feedback.

To check out my mock draft: click here

Also if you're a draftnik like me lets hear it, what do you think will happen.

Edited by nhfarber

Well the Dolphins have basically taken offensive lineman Jake Long first overall. Guarenteed 30 million already.

I'm interested to see what The Pats do with that 7th OA pick seeing as they are going to need a cornerback as you stated. ;)

Good mock Noah. I'm a casual fan though so I don't know that much but I'm sure you did a great job! :clap:

supposedly the pats are signing a one year deal with Ty Law. Couldn't they slot Merriweather at CB?

Possibly. It wouldn't hurt to try but I guess if they took a cornerback and passed on a better talent I wouldn't be all that mad. A little but not entirely.

I guess we'll see what management has decided to do.

Yah if the Pats do end up signing Ty Law I could see them drafting someone like Keith Rivers instead of the cornerback. Rivers is all over the board in other mocks (some as high as 6th to the Jets, other as low as 32nd to the Giants).

Rivers would make sense because he could eventually replace Tedy Bruschi who is about due to be put out to pasture.

Ty Law still there ?!? I was a big fan of him in NFL 99...

he's getting a bit old, but had a decent year in KC and could be very effective in limited playing time (ala Junior Seau) with Merriweather

From what I saw of Merriweather I dont think he has the cover skills to play corner on a regular basis. He has the physicality to play at the line of scrimmage but just wait until he has to cover a speed receiver one-on-one (Lee Evans comes to mind, since Im a Bills fan).

I lost a lot of interest in the draft on tuesday when the Vikes made the Jared Allen trade.

Perfect deal for us though, our D was really only lacking a pass rush and now we got it. It's going to be hard to double team Allen with the Williams combo in the middle. I may be biased but I can't think of a better dline out there...

I lost a lot of interest in the draft on tuesday when the Vikes made the Jared Allen trade.

Perfect deal for us though, our D was really only lacking a pass rush and now we got it. It's going to be hard to double team Allen with the Williams combo in the middle. I may be biased but I can't think of a better dline out there...

It's a good trade, until Allen gets his 3rd DUI and gets suspended. One DUI is barely understandable, a second is just totally ridiculous and shows the man has no respect for others.

It's a good trade, until Allen gets his 3rd DUI and gets suspended. One DUI is barely understandable, a second is just totally ridiculous and shows the man has no respect for others.

Since the loveboat scandal we've been extremely strict with players and their code of conduct.

I am sure that ownership took his character into consideration when making the deal and if they believe he will get that problem straightened out then that's good enough for me.

Goalerexpert86's Mock Draft

Miami-Jake Long

St. Louis-Glenn Dorsey

Atlanta-Vernon Gholston

Oakland-Chris Long

Kansas City-Ryan Clady

New York(J)-Darren McFadden

New England-Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Baltimore-Matt Ryan

Cincinnati-Sedrick Ellis

New Orleans-Keith Rivers

Buffalo-Devin Thomas

Denver-Rashard Mendenhall

Carolina-Chris Williams

Chicago-Jeff Otah

Detroit-Jonathan Stewart

Arizona-Leodis McKelvin

Kansas City-Derrick Harvey

Houston-Kenny Phillips

Philadelphia-Calais Campbell

Tampa Bay-Desean Jackson

Washington-Quentin Groves

Dallas-James Hardy

Pittsburgh-Brandon Albert

Tennessee-Kentwan Balmer

Seattle-Dustin Keller

Jacksonville-Phillip Merling

San Diego-Mike Jenkins

Dallas-Felix Jones

San Francisco-Jerod Mayo

Green Bay-Gosder Cherilus

New York(G)-Dan Connor

I think jets would be ecstatic if the Jets took McFadden. Would you Mike?

:B)

watch the rams take McFadden, they've had crazier picks before. lol

I don't see McFadden going before New York.

Rams-Steven Jackson

Falcons-Michael Turner

Raiders-Justin Fargas & friends(I think they like their stable of RB's, plus if Howie Long's kid is on the board they gotta take him)

Chiefs-Larry Johnson

Then the Jets....

I think your biggest worry is Dallas trading up to get McFadden, it's well known they want him and are willing to overpay to ger him.

Edited by goalerexpert86

I dont think the Raiders are too high on Chris Long actually. The only thing stopping the Jets from getting McFadden would be the Raiders. Despite the fact that they have about 30 running backs Al Davis likes flashy picks and he could overrule everyone else and make that decision. The other question is whether a team like KC looks to move down and grab an extra few picks with someone who covets Darren.

I dont think the Raiders are too high on Chris Long actually. The only thing stopping the Jets from getting McFadden would be the Raiders. Despite the fact that they have about 30 running backs Al Davis likes flashy picks and he could will overrule everyone else and make that decision. The other question is whether a team like KC looks to move down and grab an extra few picks with someone who covets Darren.

This is why the Jets are talking trade with the Rams. The Jets are very high on McFadden and McFadden is very high on the Jets. I don't think we'll walk away with McFadden but would be ecstatic if we did. If not, the Jets are looking at Gholston, Long, Ellis, McKelvin or Ryan (duuuuuuuuuumb pick and I will be infuriated if the Jets go this way, Clemens needs atleast another season before deciding to move. Ryan's stock is helped by the fact it's a weak QB draft as well)

But Oakland is our only competition for McFadden. With the improvement of Brick and Mangold plus the addition of Faneca, a Thomas/McFadden/Washington triple threat could lead to a great rushing attack. I'd like to see us add a speedy deep threat in the 2nd round, most of our WR's are purely posession guys and Clemens has a cannon for an arm.

Well I'm not saying it's a smart pick (they really should take a long hard look at Chris Long. Not only is he good for the franchise, taking Howie's son would be good PR) but like everyone knows, Al likes the flashy picks.

I mean, who do they have? Fargas, Jordan, Rhodes and Bush as far as I can remember. They don't need McFadden and are seriously hurting themselves if they take him. I just came across an article however that said the Raiders are seriously considering trading down. Methinks Al wouldn't allow it but hey, you never know.

If the Jets select Matt Ryan tomorrow, it can be added to this video.

I'd be happy with anything else really.

1. Darren McFadden

2. Chris Long

3. Leodis McKelvin

In the 2nd round, I'd reach for Andre Caldwell, he can be that speed burner we can use in the slot.

Pretty predictable 1st round, McFadden to the Raiders (f*ck you Al Davis, I hope this just screwed your team up for another 5 years) and the Jets take Vernon Gholston. Seems like a decent enough pick for me, he can apparently play linebacker as well so he should adapt to the 3-4. Still though, Pace-Jenkins-Gholston should be pretty good.

Just announced, Patriots traded down with the Saints. And yes, I'm totally ignoring the Avs game. I checked the game once and it was a Red Wings goal replay so I said screw that.