Edited by Fanpuck33
No, do NOT merge with the game thread

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Philly Go!

Honestly, I'd love to see the Rag$ and Pens beat up on each other before Montreal faces either team (should we draw Philly and make it through the second round).

Is it really that clear cut that we would rather face Philly in the 2nd round as opposed to the Rags? Philly will most certainly try to put some of our guys on the DL while the Rags play more to our style.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm in DC right now and would love to see my Habbies play in Philly.

Is it really that clear cut that we would rather face Philly in the 2nd round as opposed to the Rags? Philly will most certainly try to put some of our guys on the DL while the Rags play more to our style.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm in DC right now and would love to see my Habbies play in Philly.

:clap: Was just gonna ask the same question!

Isn't that what everyone was saying for Boston as well and look what happened. Philly are a real physical team (like Boston). They've been swept by us in the regular season (like Boston) and they're making it awful hard for a pretty skillful attacking team with a great goaltender that caught fire at the end of the regular season (like Boston did to us).

TBH, I'm not sure we wanna play them too much - we can take any team playing skill on skill but we obviously have problems with defensive physical teams that shut us down. Plus we might get complacent again (like against Boston). I'm not saying I definitely wanna play the Rags (they'll be better rested, amongst other things) but I just don't think it's that simple. Remember what everyone thought about the Bruins? There's no easy teams left tho so I'm not sure the Rags will be any easier :-(

:hlogo: Go Habs Go!!! :hlogo:

Edited by Habnik-UK

How many Capitals were injured thus far in round one by the Flyers? (Asking because I really have no idea, but I can't actually think of one).

I'd rather play Philly, get banged up, but win the series than play Rangers, skate around in pretty circles, and lose the series. :P

I think Brunet had it right when he refered to the Flyers as "faux tough".

:clap: Was just gonna ask the same question!

Isn't that what everyone was saying for Boston as well and look what happened. Philly are a real physical team (like Boston). They've been swept by us in the regular season (like Boston) and they're making it awful hard for a pretty skillful attacking team with a great goaltender that caught fire at the end of the regular season (like Boston did to us).

TBH, I'm not sure we wanna play them too much - we can take any team playing skill on skill but we obviously have problems with defensive physical teams that shut us down. Plus we might get complacent again (like against Boston). I'm not saying I definitely wanna play the Rags (they'll be better rested, amongst other things) but I just don't think it's that simple. Remember what everyone thought about the Bruins? There's no easy teams left tho so I'm not sure the Rags will be any easier :-(

:hlogo: Go Habs Go!!! :hlogo:

Hey, welcome to Habworld. You sure picked a good time to come :)

Anyway, I still think (even wiht Philly's physical play) we will kick their ass. Biron is a backup not a starter, we will eat him for breakfast! GO Flyers!

I am praying we face the Flyers in the next round. In fact I'm hoping that

the Flyers/Caps game tomorrow goes to triple OT, before the Flyers win.

Playing a Flyers team that would be playing 3 games in 4 days would be sweet.

That would give us a huge edge should we play them thursday. Having a chance

to eliminate Briere's chosen team in the playoffs would just make it more special.

I also like the idea of the Rangers and Penguins beating up on each other. Having

to face just one of those teams to make the finals would be an unexpected bonus.

Just 12 more wins to go :hlogo:

Either way, I don't care. Watching Briere get his ass boo'd will be great fun. Watching Sid vs. Ovechkin with also be phenomenal. ...but watching Habs/Caps would be so wicked as well... even though my hero Ovechkin would get villified. :( Anyway it plays out, it should be awesome to watch. :D

I think it'll be Rags - Philly blew their chance tonight.

I don't like the look of that series. Rags have great team d, great d positioning and coverage by their forwards, air-tight goaltending, scoring coming around, and a deep, veteran team. Our only chance would be to blister by their mediocre (speed, 1-on-1) d-corps and keep the puck in their end, hammering away at Lundquist until he gives. Any deviation, any playing to the Rags tempo (like we just did for 5 games plus) would be disaster.

Go Habs - I hope the lessons from round one were well-learned.

Go Habs - I hope the lessons from round one were well-learned.

Yeah I think we will actually benifit from our shaky round 1.

How many :clap:'s does Koivu deserve?

Yeah I think we will actually benifit from our shaky round 1.

How many :clap:'s does Koivu deserve?

Lots of them. Blood-and-guts performance. I am a fairly heavy critic of his, but he gets all the props from me after the last two games.

Hard to tell...

Pens Vs Caps = Really good game and great match up... I really wish to see this one

but for the sake of the Habs... Flyers would be the best match up, but I won't put my hopes high... Bruins prove us wrong.

Hey, welcome to Habworld. You sure picked a good time to come :)

Anyway, I still think (even wiht Philly's physical play) we will kick their ass. Biron is a backup not a starter, we will eat him for breakfast! GO Flyers!

Hey thanks - I've been lurking for about a year and finally gave in and decided that I needed to add my 2 cents. Lol

I'm still not sure about this Philly thing but I'm starting to think maybe you're right - more cos I'm getting scared of the Rags than because i think Philly is easier. As someone said, playing them for their 3rd game in 4 days would be great but I have a feeling the Caps are gonna steal that series.

I would obviously prefer Philly. I want to hear Briere get booed everytime he is near the puck. Not to mention Biron is not near as good as King Henry.

Philly may be tough but they are not even in the same league as Boston. Even though at times our players were shying away from the Bruin pounding, for the most part we took the hits and dished them out. I think Philly is in for a hitting surprise.

The Flyers have the most balanced allround team in the league but I think we would beat them. I don't want to play the Rangers (nor does anyone else, it seems), I wouldn't be optimistic at all in that series.

I wouldn't say Flyers have the most balanced team at all...

What haven't they got? Look at their forwards and they've got Richards, Briere, Gagne, Carter, Prospal, Knuble (though I think he got injured) and Hartnell. That includes both finesse forwards, power forwards, playmakers, snipers and things in between. Then they've got young secondary scorers like Umberger and Upshall and Lupul. Steve Downie and Kapanen are bottom line players as well.

On D, they have Timonen and Coburn which is probably the most comparable D duo to Markov-Komi in the league (though neither of their guys is quite as good). Timonen is a very skilled, puck-moving guy while Coburn is an intimidating physical presence. The rest of their D is mostly physical guys like Randy Jones, Derian Hatcher and Jason Smith.

The goaltending is nothing special, yet not a weakness.

To me, on paper, this is one of the top teams in the league, if not the top team. They've got everything you need from top to bottom - they just don't seem to have much killer instinct.

well we crapped the bed pretty good and it's not looking good for tonight haha. Biron, 0-5 in back to back games, but he will undoubtedly get the nod. The Caps were bottled up for most of the series, and they just exploded in the last 2. I hope to be frequenting this board next week, as a fan of both teams playing in round 2.