Pre-Series Thread

MMPL

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flyers scored!!!!!!!! 1-1

If the Caps wins, they play Pittsburgh. The Penguins already had an easy round with Ottawa. Pittsburgh and New York are the best teams left. I'd very much rather see New York face Penguins, than the Habs having to beat both of them. Briere might be great vs the Habs, but he won't beat us alone. Plus Knuble is injured and the Flyers will be tired.. playing a lot of games this week.

It's destiny guys, we play the Rangers and we'll win, here's why:

1. Rangers because when was the last time time we saw such a nice guy in coach Bruce Boudreau? True gentleman, no pretenses. He deserves to make it. "The meek shall ....."

2. Washington playing at home tonight and their whole run this season parallels the Habs. Can't see Philly winning now, they are demoralized and scared going into Washington.

3. Our first round against Boston was so we too, a team of destiny, can be prepared to play the way we need to, to beat Jagr and company. Carbonneau was being trained at the hands of Julien on how to beat the Rangers offence. The only difference is, unlike Boston, we have our own guns. Let the 2nd and 3rd lines hit, hit and then hit some more, wear out their top 2 lines, while ours get the points. Why will ours get the points? Because they learned from the Boston series how to play through the hits and adapt to win. That 6-5 comeback against NYR in the regular season? That too was pre-ordained so that the guys would have confidence in the play-offs knowing they can beat the Rangers and more importantly, Lundquist.

4. Carbonneau's lucky tie

5. No God in the Universe would ever allow a colossal prick like Avery to beat our Habs

There you have it - MTL/NYR and WASH/PENS. Outcome? Need to wait and see.

I love your optimism. Especially point 5 - who knew that an entire theology hinged on the outcome? :lol:

The Rags will be favourites going into the series, but after last night I rule out nothing. Bring 'em on, I say.

I'm such an idiot, I actually clicked the link expecting a Melrose preview...

Love the Rick Roll though... WELL DONE

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

I love your optimism. Especially point 5 - who knew that an entire theology hinged on the outcome? :lol:

The Rags will be favourites going into the series, but after last night I rule out nothing. Bring 'em on, I say.

I.... like you feel we could take anyone if we stick to our game, but I think for the second round it would be great to get Philly. We'll kill them and maybe get a little rest while Pens and Rags duke it out. The Conference final will be a big test once we get there ...Pens or Rangers, but hopefully a tired and hurt Pens or Rangers.

If the Pens get Washington? They'll kill them and wait for a winner between us and Rags. If we are to beat them we'll be fried to take on a rested and determined Crosby. As much as I like OV, I have to cheer for Philly on right now.

Most obvious Rick Roll ever :P I didn't even click.

I hope we play the Rangers. :@

It would be a pretty crazy battle of the comeback geezers. Forget Montreal vs. NY. Kovalev vs Jagr. would be fun to watch, I think Kovy has more heart. Lundqvist vs. Price would be great. Price has more talent. Who do we have to take on Avery? He needs his yap shut, and you know it would be flappin.

Again.....That would be a fun series but wouldn't it be easier to take on Philly? Then again we take out NYR and OV takes out Crosby and it's HUET VS PRICE.

Hmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

I don't give a SHlT!!!!!!!! Is it Thursday yet?

Well, I thought that sucked.. I couldn't believe they let that 2nd goal count, then after putting away the whistle, they give philly a PP in overtime...

Don't mind the matchup, but I am getting sick of watching the refs decide these games. I sure hope we don't end up screwed like that.

First the Big Bad Bruins, now the Broad Street Bullies... Another team that had loads of trouble beating us in regular season.

Komo vs Hartnell, Brière getting booed every time he touches the puck in Montreal.

In the meantime the Pens & Rags will destroy each other. Ruutu vs Avery, Jagr against his old team, Crosby getting Big Apple exposure.

Ya beat me to it! :D

Yup!! ;)

FLYERS BABY WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!

Let's not celebrate too soon like we did against the Bruins!!

Just cause we beat the Flyers 4 times this year, doesn't mean it'll be easy!

Our chances against the Flyers are good, but our boys will need to play like they did in games 1 and 7 vs. the Bruins!

Edited by Habsfan