Pre-Series Thread

MMPL

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the match up I hoped for, but don't forget the success of quebecois goalies in Montreal. This will not be a cake walk, but is definitely a better match up (in my mind) then facing the Rangers this round.

This is the match up I hoped for, but don't forget the success of quebecois goalies in Montreal. This will not be a cake walk, but is definitely a better match up (in my mind) then facing the Rangers this round.

and Biron as been awesome in that 7th game !!

Montreal will skate circles around Philly's D... it's the big key to our success. Philly definitely has the guys to shut down Kovalev, Koivu & company tho. Biron is the wild card in my opinion.

Offensive Forwards: Montreal

Defensive Forwards: Philly

Offensive Defensemen: Montreal

Defensive Defensemen: Montreal

Goaltending: Montreal

Coaching: Montreal (b/c of Carbo's experience as a player)

Special Teams: Tie

Montreal will skate circles around Philly's D... it's the big key to our success. Philly definitely has the guys to shut down Kovalev, Koivu & company tho. Biron is the wild card in my opinion.

I really think Biron isn't a good goalie. And I know he won't steal games consitently so I think the wildcard is Carey Price :)

Offensive Forwards: Montreal

Defensive Forwards: Philly

Offensive Defensemen: Montreal

Defensive Defensemen: Montreal

Goaltending: Montreal

Coaching: Montreal (b/c of Carbo's experience as a player)

Special Teams: Tie

I don't think both D are that different. Kimonen-Coburn is a solid pair, Hatcher & Smith have loads of experience, Modry & Jones are decent if underrated puck-moving D-men.

It's definitely a better overall D than Boston's. Can't say our D has looked too good vs Boston.

Goaltending will be key. I can only hope that Biron gets intimidated by the Montreal crowd.

any word on when the other games are going to be? I assume Saturday will be game 2, then hopefully they wont do the back to back thing again and put game 3 on monday.

crap SJ scored :(

montyburnsve2.jpg

Either the Rangers or the Penguins will now be out of the Canadiens way. We must not underestimate Philly. We gotta be ready! The Flyers are not the same team as was the one that played down the stretch nor over the entire season. They have turned it up a notch. Am I worried? Yes? But, I was worried about the B's too. Having said that I'd rather see the winner of the Pens Rag$ matchup all banged up. It's the best draw IMO we could have asked for.

Now, the Habs have to do it. GO :hlogo: GO

Either the Rangers or the Penguins will now be out of the Canadiens way. We must not underestimate Philly. We gotta be ready! The Flyers are not the same team as was the one that played down the stretch nor over the entire season. They have turned it up a notch. Am I worried? Yes? But, I was worried about the B's too. Having said that I'd rather see the winner of the Pens Rag$ matchup all banged up. It's the best draw IMO we could have asked for.

Now, the Habs have to do it. GO :hlogo: GO

Well this series will be tough.

Both teams coming off 7 games wars.

Yeah, let's remember what happened the LAST time we underestimated a playoff foe :rolleyes: No more of that, PLEASE!!

Still, ya gotta like our chances. The 'wild cards' have to be Briere and Biron - who will both be galvanized to play les canadiens, especially the former, for obvious reasons. If we can really whup his ass, it will be doubly satisfying.

I must confess that I'm happy the Caps are out. I was a little tired of all the 'instant Capitals' fans out there - it reminded me too much of people I knew at the start of this season who expressed their intention to cheer for Pittsburgh because the Habs were 'gonna suck.' Oh right. Just pick a team with some big Superstar on it, that's real soulful.

Now maybe folks will give proper due to the REAL Cinderella story in this year's NHL! :hockey:

Yeah, let's remember what happened the LAST time we underestimated a playoff foe :rolleyes: No more of that, PLEASE!!

Still, ya gotta like our chances. The 'wild cards' have to be Briere and Biron - who will both be galvanized to play les canadiens, especially the former, for obvious reasons. If we can really whup his ass, it will be doubly satisfying.

I must confess that I'm happy the Caps are out. I was a little tired of all the 'instant Capitals' fans out there - it reminded me too much of people I knew at the start of this season who expressed their intention to cheer for Pittsburgh because the Habs were 'gonna suck.' Oh right. Just pick a team with some big Superstar on it, that's real soulful.

Now maybe folks will give proper due to the REAL Cinderella story in this year's NHL! :hockey:

It is not that I am underestimating Philly for me. I legitimately fear the Rangers. I think they will beat Pittsburgh and shock everybody in doing it. Philly struggled to shut down the Caps flow and I do not expect them to do so to the Canadiens.

If they play the same style against the Habs as they did against the Caps they will lose. I expect and hope for a

series just as entertaining as the Caps series.

Habs in 6

I have a great feeling about this one as well... unless Flyers decide to play dirty and injured one of our stars ... Habs played like they did on Game 7... Flyers is no match for us.

Bring it on guys!!!!

It's going to be a good one, no doubt!!!

:D:clap: :thumbs:

A flyer fan on habsworld *rubs eyes, checks again*

Wow, let the trash talkin' begin :lol:

I'm pretty shocked - but then again, if Bob didn't trust Huet, why would I?

I think our team will be more pumped to prove Briere wrong, than he will be for, err, us making him a fantastic offer and turning it down.

I think it will be tough, but we can beat this team. I don't think Biron is a vast improvement over Thomas by any stretch. And I am really glad we didn't get the Rags. I don't think they'll beat the Pens, but will make it tough and bitter.

Habs in 6 for me as well. But we have to get that PP going, and develop more of a killer instinct - not play shocked to have the lead, but draw the knives out.

It is not that I am underestimating Philly for me. I legitimately fear the Rangers. I think they will beat Pittsburgh and shock everybody in doing it. Philly struggled to shut down the Caps flow and I do not expect them to do so to the Canadiens.

If they play the same style against the Habs as they did against the Caps they will lose. I expect and hope for a

series just as entertaining as the Caps series.

Habs in 6

No kidding that the Rangers are scary.

Not to mention that Biron is half the goalie that Lundqvist (spelling?) is.

Either way, one of the playoff heavy weights will fall. I hope the Pens beat the Rags but you might be right with your prediction.

I can't wait until Thurday night.

A flyer fan on habsworld *rubs eyes, checks again*

Wow, let the trash talkin' begin :lol:

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!

That's right.... Stealth is back and means business. ;)

Edited by Captain_Stealth

This sucks. Pitt and NYR both get yet another day of rest, while the two teams who played game sevens have to start on Thursday already. As far as I can tell, they can't even blame it on the 76ers having a home game on what would otherwise have been an NHL game.