Pre-Series Thread

MMPL

I think Byron is pretty solid overall. He is a little streaky like Huet. I agree with you about the Philly D. The Habs should have a good match up there.

The habs D was poor at best overall in the last series, so they'll have something to prove as well.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The key to our powerplay success is to stop trying the 45 degree pass to Kovalev on RW from Markov on the left point. Lateral passes were also intercepted by Boston. I say give it to Kovalev on the right or Kostitsyn on the left and work along the boards down low to create openings. When the D's for the Flyers attempt to defend down low then the slot and the hashmark areas will open up. This will enable us to move the puck to the points without too much defensive pressure.

SPEED KILLS!

The Briere line could kill us if our Defense plays like the last series. Our PP clearly needs to get better.

I hope it doesn't come down to Price. I assume he will be solid, but I want to see the rest of the team pick it up and take it to the flyers. The Flyers are damn lucky to be here. Biron and the refs saved their bacon in game 7 (imo). I don't want us going 7 games again. Games sevens are not always won by the best team. :)

The good news for us is that we are relatively injury free, learned a lot in the last series, and with Koivu back, we have more options for lines.

The Briere line could kill us if our Defense plays like the last series. Our PP clearly needs to get better.

I hope it doesn't come down to Price. I assume he will be solid, but I want to see the rest of the team pick it up and take it to the flyers. The Flyers are damn lucky to be here. Biron and the refs saved their bacon in game 7 (imo). I don't want us going 7 games again. Games sevens are not always won by the best team. :)

The good news for us is that we are relatively injury free, learned a lot in the last series, and with Koivu back, we have more options for lines.

Biron's technique leaves him out of position alot and he relies heavily on reflexes. I am sure he will have a couple of games where he looks

brilliant but in the end he will cost them goals with poor positioning, poor rebound control and lack of defensive support.

If Price maintains anything resembling the level he did in round 1 they will win the series.

Everybody is assuming that Philly will outhit and manhandle the Canadiens and that the Habs still have tiny forwards. It is a myth.

Kovalev, Koivu, Higgins and A. Kostitsyn are very strong on the puck and the majority of the forwards are tireless workers.

Add to the fact that Komisarek and Hamrlik are going to make the Philly forwards pay for every inch of ice they get. Washington's D is hardly

physical. Let's see how badly the Flyers will pay the price. Every game the Habs played Philly this year the Flyers got frustrated and their

offensive gameplan consisted of throwing it on net and crashing the crease because they could not create off the rush.

I think that a lot of respect is being tossed their way because of what Boston did to Montreal. They are getting respect that Boston earned.

I don't know about everybody else, but I saw a no-hitter in the first round between the Caps and Flyers. Guys flying around and tons of open ice.

We all know that Montreal can play both ways. I think Montreal can beat them in a physical grinding series and I think they can beat them in an open

ice affair. I can't say the same for Philly just yet.

Perception is not reality. Flyer fans perceive that they defeated a 3 seed in 7 hard fought games and won a game on foreign ice to do it in Game 7

and they perceive the Habs as having almost choked against an inferior opponent in round 1. The reality is the Flyers beat a team in 7 games that had the

same amount of points as the team the Habs struggled with and the Flyers beat a team that they finished ahead of in the standings.

I don't think it will be a blow out, but I think the better more balance team will win.

Edited by Wamsley01