Habs vs. Flyers | Game Thread | Game 1

Fanpuck33

That's 2 on Breezer

That was #### fault.. it was his man.. breezy took his guy into the corner to free the puck.. they should have got it out then... so.. while Breezy was the goat on the first, that wasn't him... , imo...

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was #### fault.. it was his man.. breezy took his guy into the corner to free the puck.. they should have got it out then... so.. while Breezy was the goat on the first, that wasn't him... , imo...

Yeh, but Breezer had 3 chances to clear the zone before that and he didn't... and he screened price

Yeh, but Breezer had 3 chances to clear the zone before that and he didn't... and he screened price

There were 3 other people with chances to clear.. and failed.. Price had a chance to freeze the puck.. and failed...

Please, let's not start the breezy bashing. He was one of our better players in the last round...

Brisebois... does he already have a deal with the flyers or is he working on it in this game? WHY is he getting all that icetime and why is Koivu and kovalev still on the same line? It doesnt work.

As far as I'm concerned - it's already 3-2 Habs (2x posts and 1x after the buzzer).

All we need is one goal to get back in this game. Philly is going to start to wear down in the second and third and Montreal seems to have their skating legs tonight.

Here's hoping O'Byrne gets in the lineup over Brisebois next game though...

Edited by Macaskill

There were 3 other people with chances to clear.. and failed.. Price had a chance to freeze the puck.. and failed...

Please, let's not start the breezy bashing. He was one of our better players in the last round...

Breezer was in on 2 goals, that's all I'm saying. I'm not saying everyone else is free of blame.

Flyers were quite lucky in this period. I'm not worried, we generally outplayed them. And is it, or they are quite soft for a team that have such a ''badass'' reputation? The contrast with Boston couldnt be sharper.

Edited by Jean

Breezer was in on 2 goals, that's all I'm saying. I'm not saying everyone else is free of blame.

True enough.... :)

I am not saying he is great either.. .lol...

I am wondering how long Kovy and Koivu will stay on the same line.. won't be surprised to see them split again.. just to give us two stronger lines..

Flyers were quite lucky in this period. I'm not worried, we generally outplayed them. And is it, or they are quite soft for a team that have such a ''badass'' reputation? The contrast with Boston couldnt be sharper.

I agree with you there. Habs just have to keep the tempo up.

based on coaches corner, I guess I should have bought the Simmons pads for my son instead of RBK. :)

It is odd that professional goalies in the NHL with custom equipment have pads that leave a 5 hole even when they are down ahead of the puck...

Brisebois... does he already have a deal with the flyers or is he working on it in this game? WHY is he getting all that icetime and why is Koivu and kovalev still on the same line? It doesnt work.

Like Carbo said... he going to keep this line for Game 1... if things doesn't work... you'll definite see changes in Game 2...

I hope this brutal display cans the Brisebois experiment. He has no business being on the ice. A Philly player couldn't have tipped it into the net better. He changed the momentum and that's why goal #2 occurred.

Well, lets see if the PP is any better this series... it is going to need to be...

I hope this brutal display cans the Brisebois experiment. He has no business being on the ice. A Philly player couldn't have tipped it into the net better. He changed the momentum and that's why goal #2 occurred.

He was tied for 2nd in points in the last series and had a game winning goal... yeah.. no business on the ice....

The big difference between Philadelphia and Boston isn't that the Flyers actually have snipers in their line-up, or that they're faster and know how to cycle.

It's that Biron knows how to play the puck.

Thomas was awful playing the puck, either on a dump in, or following a shot when he had time.

Biron is nifty with his stick, and several times fed a player off his bench from goal line to centre ice.

We gotta get in his head!