Habs vs. Flyers | Game Thread | Game 1

Fanpuck33

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hope we make line-up changes though - Brisebois and Dandenault need a rest, and O'Byrne and Latendresse are chomping at the bit. Lapierre was a -2 tonight as well, maybe Chipchura could play, if Breezer and Dandy stay in.

Agreed, We need to make changes but not too much. I think Brisebois needs a rest. Bring back Guillaume and O'Byrne!

You guys think this game will really demoralize the Flyers??

It's poetic justice than the Flyers end up loosing the game because of a cheapshot. Richards must feel pretty small right now.

My Hopeful Lineup Changes:

Dandy - OUT. He has been completely useless, give him some rest. Replace with Lats or Ryder, hopefully for Lats.

Breez-by - OUT. Too many turnovers, and not enough grit. Put O'byrne in there.

Lapierre - Possibly Out. If so, give Grabs a shot if he is not sick anymore.

Folks, I think our PP is starting to get back to into shape. We looked pretty good out there.

:ghg:

I thought I had plenty of time to have a shower with the game going into OT... :blink:

:lol:

I feel so sorry for you man, catch the spin in a half hour for the highlites.

Is it possible that neither team fully deserved to win?

I don't think that this game will be largely indicative of the rest of the series. Both teams seemed tired. Montreal didn't play all that well, but when they did, it was similar to their usual style which bodes well. I fully expect some adjustments for the next game (I'll be surprised if Dandy plays, Brisebois is questionable) and I seriously hope our transition game improves. Our passes were horrible. The only thing that was worse was our luck for 85% of the game.

Still, I'll take the win. Gladly. :D

I think Ryder and Lats should both play, sit Dandy and either Streit or Lapierre. Don't get me wrong, I love Laps and Streit, but it seems like a better match up to have our scorers out there against a slow Philly defence. (Maybe even put Streit on the blueline...)

Something like this...

Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev

Kosty - Pleks - Kosty

Ryder - Laps or Grabovski - Latendresse

Begin - Smoke - Kostop

Markov- Komisarek

Hamrlik - Streit

Gorges - Boullion

Not only would the boys be fresh, but I think it creates matchup problems for the Flyers.

Just my two cents... big win tonight boys, keep it up.

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

Heartbreaking loss for the Flyers. Gotta love it. I use to watch the game from my cpu chair, but when it was 3-2 Philly I decided to move to the futon... and BANG! BANG! We win.

Long live the futon.

On to the other stuff: I dont want to see a hint of Grabs in these series. The guy is a selfish pu$$y. Let him rot until he bolts to Russia­. Suggesting to put him in the lineup instead of a warrior & excellent penalty-killer like Lapierre reeks of NHL08: makes no sense in the real world.

Carbo is also sticking with his vets no matter what, we can assume that much.

I thought I had plenty of time to have a shower with the game going into OT... :blink:

I missed it too. Turned it back just as the Habs were raising their sticks when they saw the puck was in. Seemed like a short intermission.

I'm not as down on grabovski as you are, KoZed, but I don't see a reason to slot him in the lineup. I would not be surprised if he gets traded in the offseason.

Fanpuck's threads live another game!

Right before that faceoff in the offensive zone in the final minute of regulation, I was thinking, "Damn, Kovalev has not played up to form in the playoffs, and in particular this game (despite decent numbers)." Then BOOM, snipes home the tying goal. Before OT I was thinking, "Markov has played 8 listless games in the postseason, what has become of our top D-man?" Then BOOM, he takes the hit the get a solid shot on net to set up the game-winner. Good job, my Russian friends.

This was a fluky game, but overall we got more scoring chances. Price wasn't his best, but he was good enough and probably better than Biron. A. Kosty, I just had so little confidence that he would make that penalty shot. It was a good attempt though. Our grinders were good again, and damn if Smolinski wasn't a shifty old vet getting the job done. Good to win game one that way.

Habs can't always be lucky as tonight (end of 3rd)... it's such a great chance to swept the Flyers their so not into it at all and their so tired and running out of energy... but hey that's the playoff even though tonight it didn't seem like a playoff game !!! You resist You WIN !!! Habs need to change and put in some fresh players... Brisebois needs to be OUT (his old and tired...)

Habs can't always be lucky as tonight (end of 3rd)... it's such a great chance to swept the Flyers their so not into it at all and their so tired and running out of energy... but hey that's the playoff even though tonight it didn't seem like a playoff game !!! You resist You WIN !!! Habs need to change and put in some fresh players... Brisebois needs to be OUT (his old and tired...)

well I think the Flyers have been the most lucky out there tonight : 3 UGLY goals !!!!

if they can't manage more offense than that, they're already dead...

GO HABS GO that was a SICK 1rst game. We won even if we were chasing, hit 2 posts, missed a penalty shot...

and yes, Breezer need to go, it's O'Byrne's time...

That Carey Price guy will give me heart burns. however, even if he didn't play a great game Mtl still won the game.

Since we won I'll point out only positive.

-Price showed composure after letting an awefull goal(Lupul)

-Kovalev scored twice.

_kovalev wasn't injured after the Richard hit.

-Andrei Kostitsyn played one of his best games. Great read by Biron on the Penalty shot.

-won the faceoff match.

briere was a no show.

again a GREAT game by the smoke line !!

show your killer instinct on saturday, boys !!!

Edited by marky_and_komi

I just got back from the Raptors game

I spent the first half watching the Raptors get out to a 20 point lead in a must win game

and all I did was refresh my blackberry looking for updates on the Habs.

1-0 Philly, 2-0 Philly the arena is going berserk and I am pissed off and distracted.

I then see the Habs get to 2-1 and I am in a better mood and am beginning to enjoy the

rout going on.

First half ends with the Raps up 21 and as I walk by the TV i see a 2-2 score. I head to the bar

to watch the Flyers finish the period on the PP.

I start the second half in my seat and keep checking for updates, I see Philly go up 3-2 and say

###### this and go to the lounge to watch the hockey game. I have raptor fans heckling me for

watching hockey. With the Raptors winning by 10+ I continue to watch the game.

As time winds down I watch the ACC usher keep coming over for updates, my buddy (a Habs fan)

who owns the Rap season seats with me joins me with 5 minutes to go. With a minute to go

the ACC usher abandons his post to watch the final minute.

Kovalev scores and the 3 of us scream scores and have half a section wonder what the hell is going on.

The usher looks at us and says you know how hard it is working here and being a Habs fan?

The Raps go up by 15 and we take off for the bar to watch OT. We sit down at the bar order 2 beers

and Tom the Bomb ends it before we even get our beer!!!

AWESOME!! Nothing like paying for NBA playoff tickets to watch TV!!

Edited by Wamsley01

I'm not as down on Grabovski as you guys are. He's young and he pouted once, but I don't think that calls for a 1-way ticket to Siberia. Dandenault sooked once this year too, and nobody called for his exile. I wouldn't mind seeing Grabovski play this series... I think we need some more creativity in the lineup. I think we played some of our best and most dominating hockey of the season down the stretch when we went with 3 offensive lines and I'd like to see that again.

I was thinking the same thing as MMPL and DriveFor25 - I'm not impressed with the Lapierre line at all... I think both he and Dandenault could sit and bring in Grabovski and one of Latendresse/Ryder. You could leave Streit with them. Philly doesn't seem to play as tight and physical a game as the Bruins so I think that move could work.

Higgins -Koivu -Kovalev

A. Kost- Plex- S. Kost

Lats/Ryder- Grab- Streit

Begin - Smol - Kosto

Flyers would have some difficulty covering those 3 offensive lines.

I just got back from the Raptors game

I spent the first half watching the Raptors get out to a 20 point lead in a must win game

and all I did was refresh my blackberry looking for updates on the Habs.

1-0 Philly, 2-0 Philly the arena is going berserk and I am pissed off and distracted.

I then see the Habs get to 2-1 and I am in a better mood and am beginning to enjoy the

rout going on.

First half ends with the Raps up 21 and as I walk by the TV i see a 2-2 score. I head to the bar

to watch the Flyers finish the period on the PP.

I start the second half in my seat and keep checking for updates, I see Philly go up 3-2 and say

###### this and go to the lounge to watch the hockey game. I have raptor fans heckling me for

watching hockey. With the Raptors winning by 10+ I continue to watch the game.

As time winds down I watch the ACC usher keep coming over for updates, my buddy (a Habs fan)

who owns the Rap season seats with me joins me with 5 minutes to go. With a minute to go

the ACC usher abandons his post to watch the final minute.

Kovalev scores and the 3 of us scream scores and have half a section wonder what the hell is going on.

The usher looks at us and says you know how hard it is working here and being a Habs fan?

The Raps go up by 15 and we take off for the bar to watch OT. We sit down at the bar order 2 beers

and Tom the Bomb ends it before we even get our beer!!!

AWESOME!! Nothing like paying for NBA playoff tickets to watch TV!!

:lol:

What the matter is with you guys?

Grab doesn't belong in the NHL playoffs. Especially not over one of our hardest forechecker. You think Grabs will be better defensively? You think he'll be better offensively being knocked on his ass everytime he touches the puck? Think he'll win more faceoffs?

Get real! No sane coach would make that move.

Why are we talking about Grabovski here ?? the worst thing that could happen is to see him play.

he's alredy too soft for regular season, how would it be in the playoffs.

anyways, he's a goner