Will Carbonneau pull a Kessel ?

JoeLassister

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I know they won't be the "saviors" or anything, but we really need to get back to having the Habs kind of lineup. Yes, I am talking about Ryder and Latendresse. What it does is create matchup problems for the Flyers. Honestly, is there defence really concerned when Dandy and Laps and Streit come across the blueline... NO. We need to put our scorers in and live and die playing the hockey that got us to first in the East.

Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev

Kosty - Pleks - Kosty

Ryder - Laps - Latendresse

Begin - Smoke - Kostop

Markov - Komi

Hamrlik - Streit

Boullion - Gorges

Edited by TheDriveFor25

I agree that we need line up changes but Streit can't play defense at this level. He is simply not good at being pressured in the defensive zone. Either he sits or he stays on as a forward.

It is possible to sit Laps and have Begin centre that line but he is performing very well with Smoke and Kostop.

Lapierre is pulling himself out of the line up. But he has Dandenault to

hold him back.

He is too soft out there, he is supposed to be the igniter and...nothing.

Chips the man, what he would do no bad out there and Lapierre is even softer

on opponent ice.

Bring back Latendresse and Chipchura.

They are part of the future, not Dandenault and sorry for Lapierre lovers but i see

no future for him. Chip brings much more to the table, ice vision, safe passes, smart plays and a scoring touch.

Lapierre is pulling himself out of the line up. But he has Dandenault to

hold him back.

He is too soft out there, he is supposed to be the igniter and...nothing.

Chips the man, what he would do no bad out there and Lapierre is even softer

on opponent ice.

Bring back Latendresse and Chipchura.

sorry for Lapierre lovers but i see

no future for him. Chip brings much more to the table, ice vision, safe passes, smart plays and a scoring touch.

You know people are desperate to invent some sort of delusional "genius solution" when they come up with this type of comments...

Yo, Chips couldnt even cut it in the regular season because THE NHL IS TOO FAST FOR HIM. You think he'd cut it now that it's the playoffs and everything is going 10x times faster?

WTF do you expect Lapierre to do more? He's already the only guy on his line that can check AND he's one of our best PKer.

Too soft? HE'S THE ONLY GUY ON HIS LINE THAT WILL CHECK! Not his fault that Streit is scared of his shadow and that Dandy is permanently 5 secs behind the play. He's stuck with two friggin' D-men as wingers!!!!! He ALWAYS finishes his checks. He's relentless on the forecheck. What's more is he supposed to do? Throw elbows and knees every chance he gets?

Igniter? Ignite WHAT? You want him to pull some Avery-type crap and put his stick in front of Biron's face? Want him to go with the extra-shove after the whistle and give Philly powerplays? You think Chipchura will ignite anything?

Jeebus, the non-sense some fans come up with is sometimes mind-boggling. At this point of the season the gap is HUGE between a regular like Lapierre who's been in the lineup the entire year, and some AHL-caliber reservist like Chipchura who I wouldnt trust with any faceoff anywhere on the ice.

You have to get real, ie. take stock of the reality. This isnt a virtual game, you can't just throw any Joe Blow minor-leaguer in there because "he has a future" when in the present he's nowhere near ready.

That goes for Chipchura, but also for Stewart, Grabovski, Valentenko and whichever other Bulldogs creampuffs some fans are clamoring to witness play 4 mins a game because they dont belong in there.

This isnt NHL08. This is the playoffs. This is for real. The coaches know more than any of us put together who belongs in the lineup or not. Chipchura doesnt. Not by a mile.

Yep Kozed i could be wrong saying Chips should jump in, as i was

O'byrne would do better than he did.

The fact stays that this fourth line sucks.

Any combination would be better than this one we had. Any named you mentionned

are not crappy players, they could help and surprise.

Bashing another guy who sits is again funny just people did with Latendresse.

Still Lapierre has 0 point 0 shot on net and minus 2 against Flyers.

The fact is that he sucks as much as Dandenault in this serie if he doesn't turn it around

he should be pointed and corrected or Habs lose. Habs NEEDS four line rolling.

Still Lapierre has 0 point 0 shot on net and minus 2 against Flyers.

In 2 games, from the 4th line, the points and shots don't matter. 4th line isnt there to score goals. Only the -2 is semi-relevant; but it only happened in Game 1; and again that's with 2 wingers who couldnt win a 1-on-1 battle along the boards if their lives depended on it. But then again, Kovy and A-Kost are also -2. And Laps has more shots in these playoffs than S-Kos or Smolinski; and is 5th on the team in hits and #1 amongst forwards in blocked shots despite not getting more than 12 mins of ice per game including PKs.

The fact is that he sucks as much as Dandenault in this serie if he doesn't turn it around

he should be pointed and corrected or Habs lose. Habs NEEDS four line rolling.

You can't say anyone on the team sucks as much as Dandeneault and expect to be taken seriously. Dandy only plays because our only other option on the right wing is a guy that's probably even more useless (Ryder) because all he's got is his shot and he can't even put it on the net. Any center stuck with two wingers who remains on the perimeter like Streit & Dandy won't look good. Laps is busting his ass running after the puck and fighting to win battles for it; just to see Streit refuse to take a hit or to see Dandy go with one of his patented Pee-Wee shot on net.

Fact is: Laps is stuck with Streit on his wing because Streit is even worse on D than Breezer but we need him for the PP. And on the RW Laps is stuck with either Dandy or Ryder; both of whom are as efficient as a Parkinson victim playing piano with oven mits.

You know people are desperate to invent some sort of delusional "genius solution" when they come up with this type of comments...

Yo, Chips couldnt even cut it in the regular season because THE NHL IS TOO FAST FOR HIM. You think he'd cut it now that it's the playoffs and everything is going 10x times faster?

WTF do you expect Lapierre to do more? He's already the only guy on his line that can check AND he's one of our best PKer.

Too soft? HE'S THE ONLY GUY ON HIS LINE THAT WILL CHECK! Not his fault that Streit is scared of his shadow and that Dandy is permanently 5 secs behind the play. He's stuck with two friggin' D-men as wingers!!!!! He ALWAYS finishes his checks. He's relentless on the forecheck. What's more is he supposed to do? Throw elbows and knees every chance he gets?

Igniter? Ignite WHAT? You want him to pull some Avery-type crap and put his stick in front of Biron's face? Want him to go with the extra-shove after the whistle and give Philly powerplays? You think Chipchura will ignite anything?

Jeebus, the non-sense some fans come up with is sometimes mind-boggling. At this point of the season the gap is HUGE between a regular like Lapierre who's been in the lineup the entire year, and some AHL-caliber reservist like Chipchura who I wouldnt trust with any faceoff anywhere on the ice.

You have to get real, ie. take stock of the reality. This isnt a virtual game, you can't just throw any Joe Blow minor-leaguer in there because "he has a future" when in the present he's nowhere near ready.

That goes for Chipchura, but also for Stewart, Grabovski, Valentenko and whichever other Bulldogs creampuffs some fans are clamoring to witness play 4 mins a game because they dont belong in there.

This isnt NHL08. This is the playoffs. This is for real. The coaches know more than any of us put together who belongs in the lineup or not. Chipchura doesnt. Not by a mile.

Agreed! Leave Lapierre in there, he's been doing some good work.

Latendresse is in for game 3 with Smoke and Kosto

Lapierre is push on the wing of the fourth line and Bégin will centre it.

I am kind of surprise that the Smoke-Bégin-Kosto line is broken.

Latendresse will have to prove himself.

Lapierre like it or not is one step away out of the line up. Usually everybody that play with

Bégin has better results out there. So it's time for him to step up and play better.

Way to trash our whole team, Koz. :P

Do we have any decent players other than Lapierre?

I didn't say anything that isnt already public knowledge. Streit can't play D, Dandy is useless, Ryder even worse, and the other reservists kids aren't ready for the level of play right now.

Just look at OB. He's been a regular for almost half the season, yet Carbo doesn't give him more than 10-11 mins of ice-time in the playoffs so far. Playoffs are unforgiving. Can't put a player out there that you wouldnt trust in the last minutes of the game or in OT.

Nice to see Latendresse get a chance. THe Flyer defense is so slow, that it shouldn't penalize LAtendresse. We'll need his size in the corners.

Says anyone who has been watching the bum play lately. Lapierre is a total and complete POOBAG out there! :lol:

I object to the gratuitous use of the word Poobag...

Says who ? Carbo stated the we was not satisfied with the play of Lapierre. Source RDS

the article of Sunday Brisebois not making the trip. He has to think less and move his feet, he

also has to play better in the defensive zone.

Now the change of line today

4 line centre spot : eject pushed to the right wing.

He has to play a good game that's all i am saying, if not, well the club is in trouble and we have to take risk

on players that some people mentionned not ready for the level of play.

I have nothing against him, i want him to perform, but some people are sensitive on this subject.

Says who ? Carbo stated the we was not satisfied with the play of Lapierre. Source RDS

the article of Sunday Brisebois not making the trip. He has to think less and move his feet, he

also has to play better in the defensive zone.

Between that and "being one step away" from being scratch, there's a world of difference. And despite everything, it's the veteran Dandeneault that gets scratched.

Now the change of line today

4 line centre spot : eject pushed to the right wing.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20080428...30/CPACTUALITES

Lapierre stays at center, Begin is moved to the LW and Streit to the RW.

Dandenault is a zero-trick pony. I don't care how many cups he's won with Detroit... he's just not effective anymore - as a forward or a defenseman.

Ryder has shown he's even better defensively than Dandenault (as a forward). So I'd rather have him out there with his one-trick (in hopes that *something* happens) and his fairly even plus/minus, than Dandenault with his zero tricks and consistently below zero plus/minus.

Dandenault is a zero-trick pony. I don't care how many cups he's won with Detroit... he's just not effective anymore - as a forward or a defenseman.

Ryder has shown he's even better defensively than Dandenault (as a forward). So I'd rather have him out there with his one-trick (in hopes that *something* happens) and his fairly even plus/minus, than Dandenault with his zero tricks and consistently below zero plus/minus.

At the very least Dandy can hit the net; even if it's weak wristers from 15 feet out. There's more chance for "something to happen" with Dandy putting the puck on net than with Ryder hitting the glass 50% of the time or caughing up the puck by trying to deke everyone the other 49.9%.

As for defensive play, it's a tie. Neither can take a hit along the boards and dig the puck out.

I think for the most part Lapierre has been doing his job so far in the playoffs. He's not in there to rack up the points. Play physical, kill penalities and grind it out. It hasn't helped that Dandy hasn't lookes very good on his right wing. Lats would be an improvement as he could win some battles in the corners.