Habs vs. Flyers | Game Thread | Game 2

Fanpuck33

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@^%%$#@!&***()_)(*&*^%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! feed went out just as we scored then the @^!&*@**#!!!!!!!!!! versus assholes show a reply of the second Philly goal!!!!!!!!!! :puke:

It seems our defence screenes Price alot and that might be what makes him look bad. First goal all Price could see was a red shirt with "KOIVU 11" on. Same thing on the 2nd goal from last game but then the text was "BRISEBOIS 71". Let Price see the shots.

Good action in the first period. If it wasn't for a weak period by Price and some nice saves by Biron, the Habs would be up a goal or two instead of being down.

The Smokes line solid again, however i can't hate that Carbo uses Smokes on the 2 man advantage. I know he is a righthanded shot but pretty weak with the puck.

Dumb penalty by Dandy. Like i said, wish Lats or Ryder was in the game. Then use Ryder on the 2 man advantage. I'd rather even see a lefty shot like A.Kostits out there.

Hope the Habs can keep up the momentum in the 2nd and tie it up.

I bet statistics say that since we won the last game while being down 0-2 there is no way we should be allowed to win this one. Lets just hope the guys doesnt think like me because that would really bring spirit down :P Aawww whatever.. statistics also say that when we lose 2 games in a row (against the bruins) we will win at least 3 in a row after so this is already a win. GO HABS GO!

It seems our defence screenes Price alot and that might be what makes him look bad. First goal all Price could see was a red shirt with "KOIVU 11" on. Same thing on the 2nd goal from last game but then the text was "BRISEBOIS 71". Let Price see the shots.

I don't think Koivu was screening him on that goal, there was plenty of room to see.

He was on his knees before the shot.. hard to blame Hammer's stick for that... he was also too deep...

He might have been screened by Koivu on the first, but then again, it was not that bad a screen. He saw the shot go and went down...

Still, most butterfly goalies will get burned by shots under the bar like that.. good shots. My only concern with Price is that he doesn't look confident and he is in too deep. There were a few close calls that were not goals where Price looked . well.. unlike Price.

Our D has been better, only one gaffe from Markov on the 5-on-3. I think missing Brisebois makes a difference, although it's not that O'Byrne has been that visible. But that itself is not neessarily a bad thing.

Hopefully we can keep up the tempo, perhaps pot one. just don't give up an early one. Please, Habs?

He was on his knees before the shot.. hard to blame Hammer's stick for that... he was also too deep...

He might have been screened by Koivu on the first, but then again, it was not that bad a screen. He saw the shot go and went down...

Still, most butterfly goalies will get burned by shots under the bar like that.. good shots. My only concern with Price is that he doesn't look confident and he is in too deep. There were a few close calls that were not goals where Price looked . well.. unlike Price.

Price is a big guy, and he takes advantage of his size by dropping down a lot, hoping that, if the shot is going high, his height will bail him out. I just think he's going down too early, although the second goal was deflected (they just showed a replay of it), so that's not entirely his fault.

Still, I'm hoping it's not an Achilles Heel.

Now, 2nd period time, :ghg:

We're outshooting them 2 to 1. We gotta get the next one, otherwise I reckon we'll collapse.

C'mon Plex, buck that trend! Get your first career point against Philly in style!

When did Komisarek get such a shot on him?

Is this the start of something new?

And I love how Philly tried to feed Hatcher out of the box for a breakaway - that guy is slower than Smolinski on a breakaway