Habs vs. Flyers | Game Thread | Game 2

Fanpuck33

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, talk about breaks

Price has been less than stellar, but they have scored 3 goals off skates, sticks etc. in two games

I am less than concerned about the Flyers

5 chances, 4 goals

I was right @!**&^%^!!!!!!!!!!!!! versus would freeze for the next goal unfortunately it was not the right team :puke:

Millen Shut the FUCC UP! You never had a save % over .900

I think the way we played (overall these last 2 games) we should be happy with the split...............even though we had TONS of chances tonight we need to bury them!

well Sh@T

I actually thought that Les Boys carried most of the play in that game. Oh, well. I'm sure that Price will rebound in the next game. I F%^$ing hate the Flyers :puke:

argh... tough game. the serie will be longer than I expected. Great to see Saku back at that level. Now I guess is the time for Carbo to make some lineup changes. Ryder and Latendresse back and Dandy Lapierre out ?? Looks like that.

but what a game by Biron. He stole this one

Millen Shut the FUCC UP! You never had a save % over .900

I think the way we played (overall these last 2 games) we should be happy with the split...............even though we had TONS of chances tonight we need to bury them!

I wouldn't be satisfied with a split. I think they were full value for their win last game

and they outplayed Philly tonight. Price was average, Biron was slightly above average

and the habs did not bury their opportunities.

They should be up 2-0. That is the Flyers and that is what the Habs will have to beat to make the next round.

Flyers can't be lucky every game. We hit about 5 posts. They get bounces off skates, sticks and what not.

Looks like I'll be busting out Yvonne for Game 3 Monday.

I agree. Very fortunate.

LOL, Biron says stuck to their system. Quite the system, slow to the puck, give up odd man rushes

and rely on your goalie to save your bacon. LOL

Edited by Wamsley01

Well, Biron was clearly the difference. Not sure why people are bashing him, he is a good goalie and he was at the top of his game. Sure, he got lucky on some, but you can say the same about Price when he has big nights... when you are on, you are on...

Price has not looked that great tonight. I am sure he will shake it off. If he has a rough first period in the next game (again), then i would be tempted to put Halak in.

Markov got a goal, but I still hate the way he is playing. He is hesitating instead of shooting, fumbling the puck, getting beaten in his own end, and generally looks out of sync...

Pleks really has to get it going if we are going to go deep. His effort is better, but he simply hasn't done much and needs to be better.

Look on the bright side.. have you ever seen the CBC crew look happier???

I agree. Very fortunate.

LOL, Biron says stuck to their system. Quite the system, slow to the puck, give up odd man rushes

and rely on your goalie to save your bacon. LOL

Well, hasn't that been the habs game plan in many games this season. :)

Talk about luck all you want, but luck isn't what won this game for the Flyers. The Habs played half the game extremely passively, giving the Flyers all kind of room. And along with that passive play came turnovers. When they played aggressively, the turnovers decreased and they looked like a real team. They need to start playing hard and aggressively for a full 60 minutes if they expect to see the next round. You would have thought the Boston series would wake them up to that fact.

So Biron was above average tonight? He didn't make the saves on the posts we hit, OR the partial empty nets we missed........................We still look lost in our own end (at times), 5 guys playing down low all following the puck.

Like I said earlier I wish the heart, effort of our grind line would rub off on our "scoring" lines........or the scoring would rub off on the grinders......they've actully chipped in on the scoresheet to this point.

Flailing away like a fish and the puck hits hits the post. This is Biron when he is great, trust me.

He is never dominant, he will have 2-3 games in a series where he makes a couple big saves

and gets a little luck and has the other team lack finish.

Better than Price was tonight. Two of those goals against the Habs were absolute shite, and the others might not have been in if he hadn't been so deep in his net...and of course, been going down quicker than a five dollar crack ho. :angry:

We can't seem to get consistent offensive flow going. 2 offensive lines, the Begin line, and a useless line. We have one shift of decent offensive pressure, then a shift of nothing, then back again. We need 3 offensive lines... and the Flyers are a perfect candidate to do that against - they don't trap like Boston. Carbo should've done something about the Lapierre line for tonights game. He better do something about it for next game, I don't want to see Dandenault out there for the next game.

We can't seem to get consistent offensive flow going. 2 offensive lines, the Begin line, and a useless line. We have one shift of decent offensive pressure, then a shift of nothing, then back again. We need 3 offensive lines... and the Flyers are a perfect candidate to do that against - they don't trap like Boston. Carbo should've done something about the Lapierre line for tonights game. He better do something about it for next game, I don't want to see Dandenault out there for the next game.

Did Biron win the game for them tonight? I guess you could say that

But he was far from dominant, and far from anything that makes me nervous. He made did a solid

job of staying square, and when he was out of position (which he is regularly) the Habs could not finish.

From Pleks and Markov missing gimmes to Higgins sliding it under him while it hit the post.

He was solid. If he can prove that he can do that 3 more times than I will give him credit, but

he has proven throughout his 10 year career that he cannot sustain peak performances on a regular

basis.

I believe he will need to play better than that to win the series because I do not expect that Flyers

to outchance the Habs in the next 4-5 games.

Price needs to come back stronger that is for sure

Price's play is starting to get worrisome. This is the 4th game out of the last 5 that he was sub-par. We were clearly the better team tonight, but Biron badly out-played Price. The formula is very simple. You don't get good goaltending, you don't win, no matter how good the rest of the team plays. Did any of you see that CBC graphic as to his save percentage so far this series? 875!!!

I give him one more game to find himself, and if he doesn't, then Carbonneau will be forced to play Halak. And if that scenario happens, I don't like our chances in this series. (Reminds me of the year after our '86 win. We outplayed Philly the entire series but lost 4 games to 2 because Roy was very ordinary that year.)

Still, as strange as this sounds, for a loss, it was a pretty enjoyable game. We were flying for most of it.

- Jack

Biron was ok, made some good saves, got lucky...if that was his best, no worries! Price, I'm a big Price supporter, but he wasn't sharp tonight, 2nd game in a row...welcome to 20 year old goalies. No point making excuses for him, Millen summed it up best...he's young, he wasn't sharp, doesn't mean he isn't a great goalie. I'm not overly worried yet either, 2 at home would have been nice, but 1 on the road puts us back in the drivers seat!

Price's play is starting to get worrisome. This is the 4th game out of the last 5 that he was sub-par. We were clearly the better team tonight, but Biron badly out-played Price. The formula is very simple. You don't get good goaltending, you don't win, no matter how good the rest of the team plays. Did any of you see that CBC graphic as to his save percentage so far this series? 875!!!

I give him one more game to find himself, and if he doesn't, then Carbonneau will be forced to play Halak. And if that scenario happens, I don't like our chances in this series. (Reminds me of the year after our '86 win. We outplayed Philly the entire series but lost 4 games to 2 because Roy was very ordinary that year.)

Still, as strange as this sounds, for a loss, it was a pretty enjoyable game. We were flying for most of it.

- Jack

Hayward played 5 of the 6 games in 87 against Philly. Roy was brutal, but he lost the starting gig in the Nords series after the Habs

went down 2-0 at home.

It is funny how I feel confident after losing to Philly, but I did not feel that confident in wins over the Bruins.

I don't know if that is good or bad

Edited by Wamsley01

I agree...Lapierre and Dandenault are useless.

It's weird, the Habs seem to be able to score at will against any team they play, but they seem to play back way too often. There were points in this game where all I was thinking was "Man if the Habs were really on the gas that would be in."

This is really shaping up to be a chippy and exciting series.

Edited by maxamillion

Spidey?

I wouldn't expect to see him back. Those spinning logos I use are from his old (i.e. pre lockout) game threads, and when he noticed I was using them, he deleted them from his PhotoBucket account. Thankfully, I tracked down the originals. Apparently he thinks it's ok for him to copy forecaster's data and post it here, but not for me to use "his" gif.

The boys played fantastic tonight. A little passive defensively, and the 2 first goals were scarey. Come out a little Price. I was disapointed with the result, but very happy with the game as a whole. A screened deflection, a deflection that finds the only tiny whole in the corner I can't blame Price for those two, or the one where Umberger cranked him in the glove. I do agree that Price hasn't looked great lately, but man you gotta love the way the Habs are buzzing around the Flyer's cement skate defense. I was inpressed with the team's tenacity in the Flyer's zone, and disapointed with the "D". Biron was brilliant on a few great plays, and he was the difference maker.

I feel confident after this loss. "Hey Komi, start getting mean! Flyers are your enemy. You hate them. They will take your children in the night. Start hating, and start crushing!!!"