HABS vs FLYERS • GAME THREAD • GAME 3

KoZed

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pay the PRICE! Go hard to the net, get back on the backcheck and get a strong forecheck going.............................And COME OUT FLYING! PLEASE!!! EVERY SHIFT!

Any bets on the crowd booing the Canadian anthem? I have a funny feeling it may happen.

I still don't understand why anyone cares about national anthems and who boos it.

It's just a freaking song!

I got a feeling Kostopolous will get a beer shower when he goes to the penalty-box (as he's sure to do at some point in the game). Habs fans have already done it though, so we can't be too high and mighty.

Hopefully we can bring back the Away-team magic we had during the regular season, seeing as we've brought back the PP magic this series (30% and counting in the past three games).

Also hoping Markov gets his concussion checked out - he's been having Brisebois-esque brain-farts that are killing the team, and he's supposed to be our number one D.

When the Habs get eliminated I will doubt Carey Price.

Until then I will expect him to make a difference. Just like in the juniors, just like Hamilton,

just like after Huet was traded, just like in Game 7 vs Boston.

He is the least of my concerns.

The Habs have the better team, they now have motivation. Biron is Biron.

Habs will still win.

PLEASE tell me Carbs is making a couple switches... We need Ryder and Lats back in the Lineup. Stick with what got us to first in the East. And put Streit back on D, the FLyers are not a fast team.

Kovalev - Koivu - higgins

Kosty - PLeks - Kosty

Ryder - Laps - Latendresse

Begin -Smoke - Kostops!

Markov - Komi

Hamrlik - Streit

Boullion - Gorges

I got a feeling Kostopolous will get a beer shower when he goes to the penalty-box.

WTV ~ American beer is basically water

It'd be nice if we scored first...

:ninja:

yes and better if we also score second third fourth and fifth ^_^

Streit hasd been awfull in the playoffs, yes he had a great goal but when playing D he takes dumb penalties and turns the puck over. He isn't the solution. The habs D zone has been a big concern, they have been very soft, out of position and turning the puck over.

The offensive zone was fine, they just couldn't score. It happens.

The habs simply need to pick up the intensity and work harder, especially defensively. Young teams especially in the playoffs look great one night, the next night a bust.

They'll be fine if they keep working hard. The difference is the Flyers forwards can score and have a good forecheck, they Bruins were offensively challenged.

Streit hasd been awfull in the playoffs, yes he had a great goal but when playing D he takes dumb penalties and turns the puck over. He isn't the solution. The habs D zone has been a big concern, they have been very soft, out of position and turning the puck over.

The offensive zone was fine, they just couldn't score. It happens.

The habs simply need to pick up the intensity and work harder, especially defensively. Young teams especially in the playoffs look great one night, the next night a bust.

They'll be fine if they keep working hard. The difference is the Flyers forwards can score and have a good forecheck, they Bruins were offensively challenged.

They were extremely opportunistic last game. It is not often you get 4 goals on 5 scoring chances.

That kind of effort by Philly will get them bounced very quickly.

I am interested to see if the Habs come out with a chip on their shoulder after the Timonen mocking.

Koivu and Timonen are good friends, if Saku was yipping at him he must have done something.

We'll see a return to our normal Carey Price tonight. Rookie goalies always have a bad game here and there. He's proven time and time again to be more than capable of putting it behind him.

I was happy to see Markov play better on Saturday... he was strangely inconsistent in the first round.

I can honestly say I have had worse feelings about their chances after some of their wins in this post season (see games 2,4 vs boston. and game 1 this series) We really deserved the last game. If we play like we did in game 2 tonight, we will win. No doubt in my mind. Price will have to be better for sure, but I expect everyone to be ready to play tonight.

I still don't understand why anyone cares about national anthems and who boos it.

It's just a freaking song!

Agreed!

The Flyers took a 2 goal leed in both games in Montreal, and that helped to silence the crowd(a bit)! Our boys need to do the same thing in Philly tonight! We need to get out to a 2 or 3 goal leed to shut the crowd up!

Like I said in another thread, i think the comments made by Umberger and Timonen will motivate our boys tonight. I expect them to come out strong and kick some flyer ass!