HABS vs FLYERS • GAME THREAD • GAME 3

KoZed

What a waste.. you know we will be on the PK most of the second period...

we are losing every key battle for the puck, especially on the PP...

I assumed the crap play against the Bruins was just a young team being over confident.. but frankly, our play has sucked most of the playoffs. We are a better team, but we are playing some of our worse hockey of the year...

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen the same effort tonight that I saw in the first 2 games. This had better change in the next period. That all being said, the Flyers are extremely lucky to still be tied at this point. (How many times do I have to say that this series?)

I dont get it. They have all these powerplays and all they are doing is dumping the puck into the zone.

The only problem is that they are losing EVERY battle. They're dumping the puck in and then losing possession and allowing Philly to clear the zone.

Maybe this is just so obvious that they can't get it. But you'd think that after 5 or 6 tries they'd realize that their dump and chase style isn't working. Maybe in the future they can try something else when the initial plan fails the first 5 or 6 times.

######ing ridiculous, Guy better get this shit straightened out.

What a disgrace of a PP. Had the two man advantage and wasted it and at the end of the period. Why dump the puck in if they are not gonna try to retrieve it. Better off trying to gain the zone with puck control.

The Habs were much better off 5 on 5. At least Smokes wasn't on the ice for the 5 on 3. Coulda maybe used Ryder there or why not use A. Kostits on it.

Tripping Price ... there better be a PP on top of it all.

Not that we'll do much with it.

Sometimes being psychic isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Heh...

Here's to hoping Plekanec, Higgins and Latendresse all get put on a line together, and discover a chemistry not seen since Antoine Lavoisier.

Higgins says the ice is pretty bad, which is messing up everyone's passing. Legit excuse?

Edited by TheAussiePosse

It might help to take Higgins off of it...he looks lost out there.

Markov too while your at it.

Bench that Pussy for the series. He has no desire and would rather be with his wife on a hot beach.

Fck him :puke:

I have watched a lot of playoff games this year, (not just habs) and the way we are playing, even if we get past the Flyers, we will be destroyed by Pittsburgh..

Dallas and Pittsburgh (and Detroit) are playing very good hockey. We don't look like we even belong in the playoffs right now...

I dont get it. They have all these powerplays and all they are doing is dumping the puck into the zone.

The only problem is that they are losing EVERY battle. They're dumping the puck in and then losing possession and allowing Philly to clear the zone.

Maybe this is just so obvious that they can't get it. But you'd think that after 5 or 6 tries they'd realize that their dump and chase style isn't working. Maybe in the future they can try something else when the initial plan fails the first 5 or 6 times.

######ing ridiculous, Guy better get this shit straightened out.

Thank you. I've been yelling at them through the TV about this. What happened to gaining the zone with a quick stop like Markov and Streit used to do. It appears that the blueline is there for the taking, but the boys are dumping it from just over frigging centre.

No puck control = No PP goals = No wins.

I have watched a lot of playoff games this year, (not just habs) and the way we are playing, even if we get past the Flyers, we will be destroyed by Pittsburgh..

Dallas and Pittsburgh (and Detroit) are playing very good hockey. We don't look like we even belong in the playoffs right now...

I've thought the same things... but maybe if we play those teams we will play up to them, instead of playing down to shit teams like Boston and Philly.

Thank you. I've been yelling at them through the TV about this. What happened to gaining the zone with a quick stop like Markov and Streit used to do. It appears that the blueline is there for the taking, but the boys are dumping it from just over frigging centre.

No puck control = No PP goals = No wins.

Biron is outplaying Price in terms of puck-handling, and that's making the difference. Price keeps making goofs, but Biron hasn't yet messed up by coughing the puck up or handing it over with a miss-pass.

If we can get in his head, we'll be fine. We're not gonna get that by giving him the puck from the red line every chance we get.

Break it down, Carbo. First man deep, second man to the net, third man high. Go from there.

We don't look it.. they look to have better goaltending. they are physical. They bury their chances...

Some of this isn't luck, its work.

6 posts in 3 games, 4 deflections for the Flyers. How is Philly's work making that happen again?

I don't think Philly has outplayed Montreal in the last 6+ periods, and Biron has been far from great.

With all these chances that we're generating, I have a feeling that the floodgates will open soon enough. We're on the verge of blowing them out by multiple goals a game. Just got to stay positive.

What was with the CBC trying to paint Montreal as the real goon squad by showing

Robinson take out Dornhoeffer (clean hit), Chelios elbow Propp and Kosto punching Timonen.

THen saying Perception is not reality or some BS like that?

With all these chances that we're generating, I have a feeling that the floodgates will open soon enough. We're on the verge of blowing them out by multiple goals a game. Just got to stay positive.

I agree. But it is frustrating watching a team get 5-6 scoring chances and getting 4 goals

and the Habs getting 25 and hitting posts, crossbars, pucks hopping over sticks.

6 posts in 3 games, 4 deflections for the Flyers. How is Philly's work making that happen again?

I don't think Philly has outplayed Montreal in the last 6+ periods, and Biron has been far from great.

Believe what you want, but Biron is outplaying Price by a wide margin.

Our guys are not getting their nose dirty in front of the net, nor driving to the net.. we do get some nice shots on the posts, but we are hardly dominating these guys...

Nope, some people have convinced themselves that this is similar to 86 or 93, but those 2 teams

took care of business and were very opportunistic.

This team is playing down to competition and doing just enough to get by. Nothing like the 86/93 teams.

They have already matched the loss total of the 1993 team and are 1 loss away from equaling the 1986 team

The other huge issue is winning the battles.. Philly seems quite content to let us fly in and take our shot with no screen... but we don't get the rebounds, we don't just put in in there for an ugly goal...

If I watch #### go around the net and wait, wait, wait.. bad pass to the slot I am going to scream.... he has to put it on net and let the scramble take care of itself...

And there is the goal for Philly..