HABS vs FLYERS • GAME THREAD • GAME 3

KoZed

For the record, I think the Lats experiment has failed.. I figured he would be playing his butt off tonight, but he appears to be willing to give Ryder his spot in the next game...

I don't know if he is just too slow, or too scared, but he is not ready for NHL playoff hockey.. maybe next year...

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been weak tonight, but where is Kovalev? Where are the Kostitsyn's? Where is the blame on Markov?

etc etc.

The scary thing is, half the team has been invisible and if Price had played great they would be up in this game

and the series.

If Price had played a top game tonight, it'd be 0-0 or maybe 0-1.

If the offence had played better (IMHO they aren't quite horrible) it might be 1-3 or 2-3.

Now, with goaltending and offence, we might actually have a lead ... both need to improve. You can't lay blame on just one.

But if the opposing goalie is hot, you need a pretty hot goalie yourself to have a chance.

He has been weak tonight, but where is Kovalev? Where are the Kostitsyn's? Where is the blame on Markov?

etc etc.

Kovalev gave a great pass to No finish Higgins in the first

Andrei Scored a fantastic goal game 1 and has been buzzing around the net...in fact i think he might lead our teams in shots this series

And Markov is injured...i think people on this board are forgetting hes playing hurt

Price is one of the biggest reasons if a L is chalked up tonight...he hasn't looked great...

At the same time u dont want philly to score 5 on price in the 3rd and have his confidence totally destroyed, therefore I think Halak should in fact start the 3rd

You are a Habs fan, right?

Because this is what it's all about - second-guessing the coach, figuring out what's wrong, and doing everything to the max - cheering and jeering.

It's to be expected.

I'm just thinking that somewhere on these boards, someone posted something stupid, and we jinxed ourselves. We gotta make a sacrifice, burn an effigy or carve out the internal organs of a poster.

Any volunteers?

The expectation on this team blows my mind. They are a flawed team that relies on one of the youngest

cores in the league. They have not been dominant all year and in actuality have had a reputation of not working

hard all year. They have lost 3 in a row ONE time, they have bounced back everytime their back was to the wall

and their goalie has turned it on when he has had to.

They were not going to sweep Philly, they were not going to turn into the 76 Canadiens and destroy them.

They are playing like they did all year. If they win it, they will make it hard on themselves.

None of this is a shock.

etc etc.

The scary thing is, half the team has been invisible and if Price had played great they would be up in this game

and the series.

Hopefully our boys will bounce back. If we don't come back on this game I hope we at least make it interesting. We haven't been down in a series yet, a lesson we need to learn and how not to give up and that we can come back. We are going to need it if we face NYR or Pens.

I have faith, but the boys aren't giving us anything to cheer about except falling on they're asses sulking as if they want to go home and give up.

Pleks is proving to be very soft. That bugs my ass

COME ON MOTHER F**KERS PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!!

Kovalev gave a great pass to No finish Higgins in the first

Andrei Scored a fantastic goal game 1 and has been buzzing around the net...in fact i think he might lead our teams in shots this series

And Markov is injured...i think people on this board are forgetting hes playing hurt

Price is one of the biggest reasons if a L is chalked up tonight...he hasn't looked great...

At the same time u dont want philly to score 5 on price in the 3rd and have his confidence totally destroyed, therefore I think Halak should in fact start the 3rd

Who cares about Game 1, who cares about 1 pass in period one. They have 2 goals in the last 5 periods.

Where is their responsibility?

I do agree that's their view ... and yet Halak isn't exactly chopped liver, either. In the longer term (ie beyond this series and the rest of the playoffs) it may be a challenge to keep both Price and Halak, but having two strong young goalies is a fabulous asset. And as long as the starting role is not an automatic gift, they can motivate and drive each other to stronger performances, too.

But what should they do now ... not so sure about that. :unsure:

AGREED, having 2 strong goalis is an asset!!!

REMEMBER GLEN SATHER with FUHR and MOOG!!!

What happens now PRICE starts 3rd, he lets another goal he couls save, then what???

Well, this will indicate the philosphy of do or die with PRICE, or create a situation that also gives HALAK confidence and a competitive environment for both to prosper in long term!!!

COMMENT:

the team does need to pick it up, ( but an early goal and those missed opportunities is coming back to haunt the team when your goalie is not outstanding)

HALAK in, the right decision!!

No offense Wamsley, I truly enjoy your posts.

Your "rose coloured" glasses concerning Price is the exact same as Brobin's blind love for Huet.

Price has sucked all series long and with the exception of game seven, he sucked in that series too.

He has been terrible.

Forget about the missed chances, Price has sucked. Plain and simple.

LOL, my love of Huet was simply not willing to say he sucked. I wish we had him to put in right now, but at this point I will settle for Halak. We need someone to give the team some confidence. Price CAN do this, but right now he isn't..

No offense Wamsley, I truly enjoy your posts.

Your "rose coloured" glasses concerning Price is the exact same as Brobin's blind love for Huet.

Price has sucked all series long and with the exception of game seven, he sucked in that series too.

He has been terrible.

Forget about the missed chances, Price has sucked. Plain and simple.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Finally somebody sees the same light that I do!!

If Price had played a top game tonight, it'd be 0-0 or maybe 0-1.

If the offence had played better (IMHO they aren't quite horrible) it might be 1-3 or 2-3.

Now, with goaltending and offence, we might actually have a lead ... both need to improve. You can't lay blame on just one.

But if the opposing goalie is hot, you need a pretty hot goalie yourself to have a chance.

They could have easily won Game 2 with some finish around the net, and they could have been up at least

1-0 if Higgins doesn't blow a tap in. But they are sleepwalking like they always do.

For the record, I don't want to put the blame on Price for all our woes.. I just didn't believe he could win these games himself because he was Roy's twin....

there have been a lot of dissappointments on this team the last 10 games or so. Pleks, Higgins, ####, Lats, Streit... etc...

No one has really been outstanding, but many have been average to bad... not the way you win playoff series...

LOL, my love of Huet was simply not willing to say he sucked. I wish we had him to put in right now, but at this point I will settle for Halak. We need someone to give the team some confidence. Price CAN do this, but right now he isn't..

Price has been weak, but they are not rose coloured glasses. He is 20 years old and

the team has over relied on him for 10 games now and the second he falters the wolves

come out. The same ones who wanted to deal him after Game 6.

The same ones who were sucking his dick after game 7. So spare me, I did not say he was not

weak, this game will hang on his neck. But the only reason they are here was because he stole

2 games in round 1.

And the blame on Price far outweighs any criticism of Kovalev, Plekanec, Higgins, etc

KEY SAVE at KEY points, what is needed to win games in playoffs and lift your team!!!

Great save by Halak...

That it was

5 Min PP, time for the PP to make up for all the crappy efforts of the last 2 weeks

Edited by Wamsley01

Price has been weak, but they are not rose coloured glasses. He is 20 years old and

the team has over relied on him for 10 games now and the second he falters the wolves

come out. The same ones who wanted to deal him after Game 6.

The same ones who were sucking his dick after game 7. So spare me, I did not say he was not

weak, this game will hang on his neck. But the only reason they are here was because he stole

2 games in round 1.

And the blame on Price far outweighs any criticism of Kovalev, Plekanec, Higgins, etc

AGREED, you win as a team, where was that goal with 2 man advantage..

But when you have another young goalie like HALAK, you can go to him, lets face it HALAK is not a below average keeper, and sometimes a rest here and there is healthy, ( FUHR, MOOG)

but some of the comments here have been out of line, PRICE will be one of the top goalies, and alreay is up there...he is only 20!!! so lets not get carried away in his criticism or over the board compliments either,