Habs vs. Flyers | Game Thread | Game 4

Psycing

Haven't seen the last two games...Due to Orthodox Easter and the unavailability of internet.

Does that mean something?

I've perennially considered myself to be a jinx, the reason being that I have lived 20 odd years in Mtl, but never had the opportunity to see the Habs hoist the Cup. (Technically I was in Montreal when they won 4 straight in the mid-late 70's but I was only 3yrs old in '79 when they won) but seeing as to how we've been snakebitten in the two games I haven't watched I'm starting to reconsider my assessment.

Well, you can all rest now. Thursday is May Day here (hence no work), which means I can stay up Wednesday night and watch the game. Same goes for Saturday. Sooooo....if I watch the games and we "win", my theory will start holding some water...

And we'll be heading back to Philly with a 3-2 lead... :rolleyes:

OK.

PP in shambles + top forwards sleeping + habs not playing anywhere close to regular season domination + price confidence lost + defensive corps seems injured + not getting first goals of game :unsure:

anyone else worried ?

OK.

PP in shambles + top forwards sleeping + habs not playing anywhere close to regular season domination + price confidence lost + defensive corps seems injured + not getting first goals of game :unsure:

anyone else worried ?

We have been the better team the last two games. We are getting tons of chances and sooner or later our forwards will remember how to score on an empty net. We must have had 8 opportunities like that in the last two games.

Carbo needs to talk to Price and either fill his head with confidence or start Halak. Even with average goaltending we should win this series.

Time to go back to what was working so well regular season.

Break up Saku and Alex

Break up the Bros.

Have to go with Price, although Halak should have got the third game.

My opinion that I spread to all in earshot yesterday afternoon.

Too late now, you have to go with Price.

Funny though, if Price wins or loses I'd give Halak game 5, and I'd tell them that now.

He needs the experiance,and if we move on and he wins that game 5, then if price has a shakey game it may be easier to make the move.

Price will be an elite goalie.

He is close, so close.

If not for his nerves, I feel we are up 3-0.

Hope he finds "the zone"

We really have to get back to out skating these guys, fast tape to tape passes and dominate board play.

How come the best PP in the reg season, BigT Pleks and Kovy get such little time together. I know the guy is the captain, but c'mon.

Don't wear the shirt.

Be the shirt.

In Bob We Trust

We really need to score the first goal in game 4. I think if we can get the first one then the flood gates will open. Philly knows they are lucky to be leading the series. It's kinda like the Boston series only reversed. If we can make the most of a few of our chances then we should be able to come back and steamroll them.

Correction: We have been the better team during the 3rd period of the last two games.

The difference has been clearer in the 3rd periods, but I think we've been better for the most part in the other 2.

When I was picking winners for the 2nd round, I told my dad that I thought both teams would steal a game on the road, and then the Habs would take the final 2 games to win in 6. This game will be the turning point in the series.

GO HABS GO!!!!

It's the eve of the game but im already nervous. Although i'm very confident that the bounces will even out, IFFFF we lose this game we have dug ourselves into a mighty hole. On the flip side, we keep playing the way we have, bounces go our way and we win this game we have ourselves a series and are back at square one, where we can continue to play like we have all season and beat the shit out of the dirty flyers.

GO HABS GO

anyone else worried?

Not at all. We have out chanced and out shot Philly so far in every game, and could be up 3-0.

Anyway, Philly's luck will run out, I expect a blowout, 5-1 habs!!

:ghg:

I'm sur emontreal will come in flying. I hope that brisebois plays so we can have a right handed option on the PP.

We will win this game, for sure !!

This is a last ditch attempt.

If anyone in the Philly area (preferably a Habs fan) wants to see Game 4. Let me know.

My buddy had to bail at the last minute and I need someone to take his spot or I'm donating the tickets to charity.

This is a last ditch attempt.

If anyone in the Philly area (preferably a Habs fan) wants to see Game 4. Let me know.

My buddy had to bail at the last minute and I need someone to take his spot or I'm donating the tickets to charity.

I wish I could make it, but it's a long drive to Philly from Ontario! :D