Habs vs. Flyers | Game Thread | Game 5

Fanpuck33

flyers200.gif@ montreal200.gif

"To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be yours to hold it high."

gallery26.jpg

Let's lift the torch, play hard, and take this series back to Philly.

Canadiens lead 1-0
The Habs look to begin their 2nd ever comeback from a 3-1 series defecit.

-Carey Price will be back in net for Montreal.
- According to TSN, Alex Kovalev and Sergei Kostitsyn have returned to their regular season lines
- Steve Begin and Guillaume Latendresse have also reportedly switched lines.

Gametime: Saturday at 7 PM
TV: CBC, RDS, Versus
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

Forcaster's Tale of the Tape
TSN Ice Chips

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The offense has got to show up tonight, and early. They need to go hard to the net and the PP has to get moving.

Halak certainly played well enough in the last game to give the team a win if they had the rest of their game going. As long a Price holds them in their this time, it will be up to the top guys on this team to either show up, or dust off the golf clubs.

Not too worried about this game or series yet. We have been the better team, we just need to score on empty nets...

I still have confidence we can take this in 7. Price is not the big worry just as Halak wasn't...to me the problem is the Habs are not driving the net and getting in front of Biron. Any NHL goalie will stop 99% + of shots he can see un harassed. The boys need to get in his kitchen and make him work to find the puck...if they don't do that, I don't care if they get 75 shots they'll be polishing the Taylor Made's tomorrow. It comes down to are the boys willing to do what's needed to win in the playoffs? They've done it before, so they're capable.

GO HABS GO!!!

As long as we don't go down 2-0, we will win this game. The past few games, we scored our goals seconds apart. So if we can score first, I think the flood gate will open (ie: Biron will come off his hot streak)

Go :hlogo: Go

I still have confidence we can take this in 7. Price is not the big worry just as Halak wasn't...to me the problem is the Habs are not driving the net and getting in front of Biron. Any NHL goalie will stop 99% + of shots he can see un harassed. The boys need to get in his kitchen and make him work to find the puck...if they don't do that, I don't care if they get 75 shots they'll be polishing the Taylor Made's tomorrow. It comes down to are the boys willing to do what's needed to win in the playoffs? They've done it before, so they're capable.

GO HABS GO!!!

"polishing the taylor mades"??

I'm so nervous I feel like I'm going to throw my dinner up. I'm not ready for this season to be over yet, goddamnit!!! The boys HAVE to score first, so the crowd can get into it and get on Biron.

Carbo said he will use mostly 3 lines tonight.

Interesting.

If Higgins continues to look useless tonight, I hope he finds himself demoted to a lesser line. Guy has been patient with him, but he can't continue to stink it up getting first line minutes.

Any ideas if there will be lineup changes?

-Carey Price will be back in net for Montreal.

- According to TSN, Alex Kovalev and Sergei Kostitsyn have returned to their regular season lines

- Steve Begin and Guillaume Latendresse have also reportedly switched lines.

TSN Ice Chips

:zzz: Just woke up from my power nap.

To anyone who says we've been playing great so far this series but have been unlucky, get real!

We've sucked. These are lame excuses to make us all feel better. Bottom line is if we were better, we'd be winning.

On that note, I think Philly is about to get a really rude awakening tonite. This series is far from over and something tells me that Carey just came out of his coma.

Ahhhh, f#ck the retoric.....JUST WIN BABY!!!!!

GO HABS GO :ghg:

(Oh, and what the f#ck was Biron thinking anyway?? He plain shot himself in the foot with all that talk of supporting the Nordiques in his childhood. He might have just given a reason to the Ghosts to move the Bell Centre for once and for all.)

To anyone who says we've been playing great so far this series but have been unlucky, get real!

We've sucked. These are lame excuses to make us all feel better. Bottom line is if we were better, we'd be winning.

It's also not true that Philadelphia has outplayed Montreal, they haven't. Montreal has dominated much of the play, they just haven't been able to capitalize on their chances, unlike Philly. Philly has done a great job of making Montreal pay for mistakes and have gotten their share of bounces, along with stellar goaltending at times. Montreal hasn't dominated entire games, but they haven't been outplayed either. If Montreal can limit their turnovers, then they really should have no problem winning.