Habs vs. Flyers | Game Thread | Game 5

Fanpuck33

umm... didn't Huet lose to Philly last round? Sure it sucks now, but Huet wouldn't have gotten us any further. Price is the future. It's easy to point fingers at the kid, but we'd all be in the hospital if we had to deal with what he does. MTL's D isn't doing the best job insulating him. 20 shots in that period by the Flyers.

We will be going with Price and Halak next year, and I'm ok with that.

no, Huet kept Washington in it.. I watched those games and Huet was a major step above Price. We don't need amazing goaltending right now, we just need some steady play....

Edited by brobin

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no, Huet kept Washington in it.. I watched those games and Huet was a major step above Price. We don't need amazing goaltending right now, we just need some steady play....

No kidding! Huet was spectacular..and by the way Lazy 26 did you not see the goal that took Washington out of the playoffs? There was Major goaltender intereference on Huet in OVERTIME of Game 7. Where are we right now? 20 minutes away from elimination in game 5...so you really can't defend price and say the future...Because this is NOW..as in Playoffs 2008.

Even if we lose this game I have to say this season has been a success. I didnt even in my wildest dreams think that we would win the eastern conferance. And we get to the 2nd round in the playoffs as well and the team is VERY young so I expect this team to be even better next year. Lets just enjoy the third period and think of how much this team has suprised everyone this year.

Edited by Dalhabs

sure he looked great, but in the end he still lost. there's absolutely no valid argument to suggest that huet would do any better in this instance. sure, price looks bad, but we've all seen huet look bad too.

Well, Gainey made a decision to get Price experience and it was a gamble. Not just on winning or losing with him, but on Price's confidence.

If we lose this game, there will be no doubt that we lost this series due to Price not being good enough. The damage to his confidence could impact him for a long time. Maybe goalies take years to get their mojo back.. This was always my worry with Price. I don't want to see him rushed to the point where he suffers a major setback....

Yes Huet lost the last round to Philly.

Why look back now? This is your future as a Habs fan so start cheering kid. We haven't lost yet. 20 more minutes!!!!!!!! Be proud.

It's a one goal game...throw Jaro the Hero in net for the 3rd and I like the chances that this game could very well go to overtime...Price needs a summer to work on his angles and rebound control. Heres to hoping that Jaroslav Halak can pull a Cam Ward

sure he looked great, but in the end he still lost. there's absolutely no valid argument to suggest that huet would do any better in this instance. sure, price looks bad, but we've all seen huet look bad too.

first, Huet didn't lose. Huet behind Washington lost. I think Huet's performance against Philly with the Habs in front of him would have beaten them. We will never know.

In any case, huet took these bums to overtime in game seven and lost on a PP goal. Price is not playing well enough to get us to game 6.

For the love of God, give it a rest. Price hasn't just let in a few bad goals in these playoffs....he's let in a slew of them.

Yeah, but we were told we didn't need Huet because Price was so calm and didn't get rattled..

You know what he looks like to me? A great young goalie who is capable of greatness, but has been rushed into the fire way too soon..

We definitely miss Huet. We need a vetern goalie on this team, even just on the bench. The were a great tandem, but now we have two kids.

You mean Price has been Rick Ankiel'ed?

oh dear

Well, Gainey made a decision to get Price experience and it was a gamble. Not just on winning or losing with him, but on Price's confidence.

If we lose this game, there will be no doubt that we lost this series due to Price not being good enough. The damage to his confidence could impact him for a long time. Maybe goalies take years to get their mojo back.. This was always my worry with Price. I don't want to see him rushed to the point where he suffers a major setback....

Once again very valid point. I've been saying this all along (you can check my previous posts if you don't believe me). IMO, I really think that he was put into a role he wasn't ready for, and that he might burn out like Marc Andre Fleury before returning to regular form seasons later.

Anyway.. this is not the time to debate the trade.. sorry for bringing it up...

I do hope we go with Halek in the 3rd. Price needs to hit the showers. Hopefully the rest of the team can suck it up...

If you put Halak out there you're just going to destroy Price. see Ankiel

No offence.. but wouldnt allowing a couple of more bad goals in the third be even worse than being benched?

For the love of God, give it a rest. Price hasn't just let in a few bad goals in these playoffs....he's let in a slew of them.

Point out were I said that he didn't.

Anyway, it clear that some of us disagree, and that's fine. I acknowledge that Price has been hit or miss, but I personally don't think Huet would have gotten us any further. That's my opinion, and there's really no way of knowing either way.

Anyway, I'm gonna save some energy from bickering and root for the Habs in the 3rd.

If you put Halak out there you're just going to destroy Price. see Ankiel

Price is destroying himself with his pathetic play...can't hang that on anyone else. The team needs to give themselves a chance to win...that chance is better with Halak than with Price at that point. Price's fragile little mind will just have to get over any disappointment if he is pulled. Hell, the way he's playing, Guy would be doing him a favor. If he lets in another stinker, you just KNOW the crowd will start chanting Halak's name. That would be more damaging psychologically IMO.

Notice no one on Team waited for Price...Looks like a defeated team after the last 2 goals, all the energy sucked out of them, could be an ugly 3rd period to end season..

The expectations have been high on the Team and price...Lets not forget this is the youngest team in the playoffs..

They will wake out of this nightmare and hopefully learn from this, it has been a nightmare series..

But they are 5 and 6 in the playoffs, soon to be 5 and &..below .500 team, not good enough

---They need to step up to the level

---PP has been horrible

---traffic in front of net, and be more hungry, things happen, you make own breaks..

First time up by 2 goals, team looks best they have so far in series, Killerinstinct, 4th goal to make it 4 to 1, game over, BUT CAREY has to step up and make the routne saves!!

I think the team has lost confidence in him, but HALAK wont give them much more confidence..

Montreal needs to get better on Defence ( brisbois mistake on first goal),

Bribois, Smolinski need to be replaced, and a big time player added,

Well lets hope for the best

No offence.. but wouldnt allowing a couple of more bad goals in the third be even worse than being benched?

For him .. not for us ...

But no, we need to stick with Price and his 3 goals in 3 minutes.

We live or die by Price.

And I live or die by Habs.

So if we lose this period...

GOOD BYE, CRUEL WORLD.