Habs vs. Flyers | Game Thread | Game 5

Fanpuck33

Agreed...but I'd add a good experienced backup to that shopping list. Carey Price isn't nearly as close to being a dependable starting goalie as some on this board want so deserpately to believe. He will have mental lapses, as he did in these playoffs, and we need someone who can win games when he's going through an extended period of piss-poor play.

I wonder if Halak will bolt for Europe, or maybe stay hoping he can steal the job...

What we need is to get a solid vet goalie who is willing to play behind Price (If Gainey is going to insist on Price, at least get him some help).

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryder only a useless 2 time 30 goal scorer...I can see your point though he didn't scored a single point in the flyers series.

yeah, who does he think he is, sitting this series out.

WHAT A WANKER!

Ryder only a useless 2 time 30 goal scorer...I can see your point though he didn't scored a single point in the flyers series.

Well, Little t!ts was terrific.

That's why we can let Ryder go

Lets be honest theres a lot of people who didn't perform up to standards this year, and a big spotlight is on Higgins, he wears an A, but plays like crap.

During the season it was so nice to see Markhov and Hamrlik play defence. They were solid defensively and added a lot to the offence, but my god, in the playoffs they were playing like it was beer league hockey. It's not the fact that the habs lost, it's the way they lost.

They played with absolutely no heart and desire. Pretty sad to see all that talent fold like a cheap tent!

During the season it was so nice to see Markhov and Hamrlik play defence. They were solid defensively and added a lot to the offence, but my god, in the playoffs they were playing like it was beer league hockey. It's not the fact that the habs lost, it's the way they lost.

They played with absolutely no heart and desire. Pretty sad to see all that talent fold like a cheap tent!

I've noticed the exact same thing

I wonder if Halak will bolt for Europe, or maybe stay hoping he can steal the job...

What we need is to get a solid vet goalie who is willing to play behind Price (If Gainey is going to insist on Price, at least get him some help).

I think Halak has every chance to steal the job, if he plays well enough. And if he does, there is no point paying for a veteran backup (who will not be a top goalie anyway) -- let's spend that cap room elsewhere instead.

I've still got a problem with Begin's penalty in game 4. This may not be a popular opinion, but I hope we've seen the last of him.

Guys, we still came out as winners.

Why?

Because we have become a much more competitive team this season, and we have good arguments to attract a superstar

Lets be honest theres a lot of people who didn't perform up to standards this year, and a big spotlight is on Higgins, he wears an A, but plays like crap.

He was garbage in these playoffs for the most part.

I've still got a problem with Begin's penalty in game 4. This may not be a popular opinion, but I hope we've seen the last of him.

I understand your frustration, trust me, I'm still pissed off.

But other than that, he has done an amazing job

We still have a good core, but we don't have a playoff team here yet. Too small, and too easy to pressure. They are great in wide open, no hitting games in the regular season, but they are too easy to push around.

It will be interesting to see what Gainey does in the off season. I sure hope he doesn't just tinker with the 4th line again.

Crappiest fairweather fans in the league right here on this board...feel free to delete my account.

Tony, I enjoy reading your contibutions, but RELAX. We we're just eliminated, let the members vent a little!!

Crappiest fairweather fans in the league right here on this board...feel free to delete my account.

If you can't handle people criticizing your favourite player even when he deserves it, then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, as the old saying goes.

Edited by sbhatt

well obviously a disappointing result for the boys tonight. Surprisingly Im not as mad and upset as I had expected to be. I figured Id be steaming but instead I find myself greatful to have had the opportunity to watch meaningful hockey, even if only for a few weeks.

This is what I take away:

-nobody predicted us to get this far, most picked us out of the playoffs

-we have one of the youngest teams in the league

-the core of our team should be around for years to come

-we have very little in terms of UFAs to resign

Instead of jumping all over the guys, let us celebrate a great season and get ready for a tremendous centennial year hopefully featuring our 25th drink from Lord Stanley's mug.

It will be interesting to see what Gainey does in the off season. I sure hope he doesn't just tinker with the 4th line again.

He better do a damn fine job, given how it's obvious that he screwed up on the Huet deal. That second round pick better turn into something significant, given that it most likely cost us a trip to the third round this year.

You're the other extreme, you see his play through rose coloured glasses, who cares about expectations. I care about results, everyone was hyping and bragging up Price, and he flat out didn't deliver, 20 years or 35.

Tony, I enjoy reading your contibutions, but RELAX. We we're just eliminated, let the members vent a little!!

The same members that have been calling them world beaters after every win and sacks of shit after every loss all season? There's a lott of crappy fans who don't even understand the game on this board...pardon me for calling a spade a spade. I'm proud of every one of our boys in this important learning season...those who "vent" by crapping on any of our players at this point are classless moronic ass holes in my books.

Price did not play well, in fact, he was brutal for many of the games. I am sorry that hurts your feelings.

I don't think anyone is saying that the rest of the team was awesome, but a few of them (price included) were downright brutal. This needs to change. We don't want to be the former sens, who win the regular season every year but get pushed out in the playoffs...

This doesn't make me a fairweather fan. I have followed this team through far worse season then this. I have every right to point out the good and the bad (in my opinion). I want my team to improve.

If i have been accused of anything this season, it was sticking up for players too much. I am not however blind.

The same members that have been calling them world beaters after every win and sacks of shit after every loss all season? There's a lott of crappy fans who don't even understand the game on this board...pardon me for calling a spade a spade. I'm proud of every one of our boys in this important learning season...those who "vent" by crapping on any of our players at this point are classless moronic ass holes in my books.

I sorta agree, but I think cooler heads will prevail in a few hours/days. Did anyone hear RDS mention a rumour about millions being offered to Andre Kostytsyn this summer by a russian team??

Edited by Habsy