What's BG waiting for?

nut62001

The pool of free agent players is getting smaller and smaller. My concern was for a defenceman to fill the hole left by Quintal. Our defence needs to get bigger and meaner. Hainsey, I don't think, would fit this description. Is He ready to play in the NHL? Is BG working on a trade that would bring the type of dman that we need? We do have alot of up and coming young talent in the system, but we are still going to need at least two veteran players to fill the spots on the roster, a forward and a dman. :ghg:

Actually I like the situation on our defence.

We have Souray, Markov, Brisebois, Rivet and Komisarek. Only one hole to fill.

Beauchemin, Hainsey and Bouillion can fill the last hole.

Use the money from Quintal to get more offensive. Theodore is solid back and our main issue is not defence but offense.

I would like to see us add a 4 or 5 physical D-man to accompany either Markov or Souray (I get worried about him trying to do too much). Since Cairns, O'Donnel, etc. etc. have been signed, the market is dwindling. Maybe Dan McGillis or Chris Therien (SLOW, but they can hit) for a low price to come in and relieve some guys would be nice. We do need that goon though...we have Begin to be our agitator, but we need someone to dish out the punches along with the words. We also need major help at RW...KOVY! :ghg:

Beauchemin plays the body well, not necessarily a Stevens-type hitter (if he was, he'd have been playing with us for a while), but still solid enough. And Bouillion hits too, we all know that

Rivet, Souray and Komisarek will provide the physical presence, with Markov adding some here and there.

However, I was of the belief that Bouillion went over to Europe, and not just for the work-stoppage. If someone can enlighten me on that, I'd appreciate it.

Our defense is fine, our goaltending is fine, our offense will be fine with a Kovalev-type player (i.e. Kovalev :P) or two (at least one anyway).

:ghg:

We need a Kovalev standard player.... I believe Gainey realized this when the city immidietly took a liking to the guy... and if even only having him for a short time, got used to having that threat on the ice. He made every dollor spent to a ticket... worth it.

We need a goon... Langdon did so much, by doing so little for this team... and losing him, i can assure u will be HUGE.

We need at least another role player on offence... and possibly a defencemen...

I would say who best fits the role, but its 2 am around here, and, i just havent the energy ;)

What's BG waiting for?...

For Kovalev to say either, He'll sign, or, I'm not interested AT ALL...

this way he(BG) can move on, in one form or another.