World Championships

Back to the World Championship, the US got hosed on the 1st Finland goal....it went in through the side of the netting; yet it was still counted.

Yeah, that was horrible lol. USA are in deepshit right now. And I'm pretty sure they're losing their game against Norway.

shame on the tournament for allowing this goal

1 replay and it's official that this is not a goal !!

LOL That's terrible !!

Detroit: Whether you're rooting for or against them, they play entertaining hockey. An Original Six franchise in the Conference Finals is always worth watching.

Dallas: Brendan Morrow is an embodiment of what a hockey player should be. Marty Turco is a great goalie to watch. Mike Modano is one of the classiest players around.

Philadelphia: They beat our Habs, so they're a much watch. You either root for them so you can say it took a Cup champ to knock us out, or you root against them as revenge. Or, you just root against them because they're the Flyers.

Pittsburgh: Love him or hate, Sidney Crosby is worth watching. Even more so right now, Evgeni Malkin is worth watching.

You can make a case like that for every team you want.

I'm not watching any hockey unless it's the best thing on and the only interest I have in it is that the Wings win because I predicted them to win before the season. They are also probably my favourite team remaining but after the Habs, I still don't really care who wins as long as it's not Toronto.

Man, he ripped that thing. I think my favourite own goal is still that Japanese one from a few years ago.

The fact he starts to celebrate adds a nice touch.

To me it looks like he's in total disbelief. ;)

Russia beats Canada 5-4 in OT

I thought the officiating was pretty bad during the game, they missed a lot of calls against Russia. That said, we shouldn't of sat back the way we did in the 3rd. Up 4-2 with 20 minutes to go, we should've won that game.

Had a feeling that Russia would pull back in this one... *sigh*. It was an entertaining game either way, but I didn't exactly care too much about the outcome because I hadn't had the chance to follow the team from start to finish like I've had in other years when games were on during times I could watch.

Had a feeling that Russia would pull back in this one... *sigh*. It was an entertaining game either way, but I didn't exactly care too much about the outcome because I hadn't had the chance to follow the team from start to finish like I've had in other years when games were on during times I could watch.

:hlogo: I was happy to see Markov get a championship,other than that the game sucked.Then I flipped over to CBC just in time to have my vision injured by a clown wearing my old bed sheets for a jacket.1 thing Canada learned from this game is you can't sit back versus a team like Russia.2 things I still don't understand about yeaterdays game.Where the hell did Canada get the idea you can play defensive hockey against Russia,and where did Jason Spezza go in this whole tournament,he was non existant.I hope Hockey Canada doesn't have plans for him in 2010.

:hlogo: I was happy to see Markov get a championship,other than that the game sucked.Then I flipped over to CBC just in time to have my vision injured by a clown wearing my old bed sheets for a jacket.1 thing Canada learned from this game is you can't sit back versus a team like Russia.2 things I still don't understand about yeaterdays game.Where the hell did Canada get the idea you can play defensive hockey against Russia,and where did Jason Spezza go in this whole tournament,he was non existant.I hope Hockey Canada doesn't have plans for him in 2010.

Uh, Spezza had a different role on Team Canada then he usually does. He became an energy guy on the 3rd line with Mayers and Chimera and did a great job of it. He was one of Canada's best players in the semi win over Sweden. I'd absolutely bring him back for 2010, he did a fantastic job in his role. He showed a lot of heart all tournament, something he didn't have with the Senators since November. It was good to see.