Einstein: Belief in God is 'childish'

Pierre the Great

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never heard that before in my life.

Is that not the standard theory? Maybe it's just the Jewish view but I thought that was what "everyone" thought? How do you think God was created then? "He's been around since the beginning of time" or something like that?

Is that not the standard theory? Maybe it's just the Jewish view but I thought that was what "everyone" thought? How do you think God was created then? "He's been around since the beginning of time" or something like that?

Conversation taken to YIM...

I like how I'm being mis-categorized. To be quite frankly I don't know what I am, some days I'm an atheist, some days a diest, others agnostic. I've confused people in my own family for thinking I'm an atheist yet I went to church a lot during the last year. My view of church is different from others. I don't believe in organized religion, but I'm deeply fascinated. I don't have a coming to God moment. God left me cold after years of horrible times. I believe in myself and others and I pursue inner peace to calm my troubles. Whether that be construed as a higher calling, maybe, I don't know. Its like yoga to think about it or that time period in a hindu's life where people reach for inner peace within themselves. A lot of the times my political beliefs are my religion. I was brought up differently then most people, for a Canadian equivalent I was brought up in a Tommy Douglas fashion. He read the bible, saw the world needed help and tried to change it. I was never really into the bible but I got the overall message. So I hate using label's especially when I can't label myself. I just say deeply spiritual driven but that's the best I can come up with. Its more of 60s idealism/hippie ish without the drugs and I shower daily and I don't wear rags for clothes.

Edited by Pierre the Great