The Mullet is back !

House11

This rocks ! :clap:

TSN

On a side note ... the main reason this rocks is my Japanese roommate will now have to re-grow his Mullet. He used to rock it when Melrose was with the Kings and said he would never grow it again unless Melrose returned to coaching. I used to bug him about it all the time for years ... now it seems my day has come ! :lol:

This report has been out on the nets for months. It's definitely an odd move considering this guy hasn't coached in over 10 years.

I'd rather take my chances with Cunneyworth before Melrose ;S

I think we should force Cali to emulate the NHL in this instance. :lol:

Don't forget Tampa is an organization that had Steve Ludzik as a head coach. I watch him on The Score and he never really seems interested in anything other then fighting.

Good god. I feel for Bolts fans.

That's ALL I'm going to say.

The Mullet? :P Nice one CaliHabsFan. Someone please explain how Melrose is an improvement over Tortorella. Tortorella has won the cup!

HAHA yeah when he was in LA it was a "high class mullet" cause he used gel ... hopefully he goes Feathery and Lethal in TB :lol:

oh and to answer that question AC ... it's not that he's an improvement ... it's a publicity stunt ... one of the new owners coming in is a producer from LA so maybe he's feeling a little nestalgic ^_^

haha I just thought of something else ... maybe John Bucigross and EJ Hradek will be his assistant coaches :lol:

Edited by CaliHabsFan

*super deep voice*

Ooooooooooooh Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah!

Daaaaaaa Muulllllllllet

manwithmullet_vsm.jpg

I'm glad you found a new favourite team in the TB Lightning.

hahaha I just like Melrose.

So you like Tampa. I like your logic. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Go Barry Go !

I think his decision of Rick Tocchet and Wez Walz as assistants are kind iffy ... Tocchet yes but I would think he'd want someone with a little more expirence than Walz since it's been a while since Barry's coached in the NHL

Edited by CaliHabsFan

Go Barry Go !

I think his decision of Rick Toochet and Wez Walz as assistants are kind iffy ... Toochet yes but I would think he'd want someone with a little more expirence than Walz since it's been a while since Barry's coached in the NHL

I wouldn't want to touch Tocchet with a ten foot poll.

I wouldn't want to touch Tocchet with a ten foot poll.

Well as long as he stays away from betting on things I don't see why he still couldn't be a good coach. He deserves at least a 2nd chance. If he does it again then I'm sure he'll be banned from coaching in the NHL again.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but doesn't tochett just buggering off on gretz seem kinda cheap? wayne defended him the whole time that shite was going on and now he just bolts. (I had to say it) :lol:

I remember Tocchet doing a crap job with the Avs during the 03-04 season. People wanted him fired just as much as Granato so I don't see how combining him with a guy that hasn't coached in years will work out.

At least Barry can stop jinxing teams during the playoffs.