• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kost - Sundin - Kovalev

Tanguay - Koivu - Latendresse

Higgins - Plekanec - S. Kost

Begin - Chipchura - Lapierre

I am giddy with anticipation!! C.C. we have been optimists for 15 months, and I am the most pessimistic

guy in the world when it comes to my beloved Habs.

But I am a happy man on Tuesday June 21st 2008. Enjoy the day Habs fans. WE ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!

OK, here's my NON-Grabovski lineup ;-)

Tanguay - Sundin - Kovalev

S.Kost - Plex - A.Kost

Higgins - Koivu - Latendresse

S.Kost and Higgins could be flip-flopped.

In my eyes, I feel we have 3 "snipers" - Kovalev, A.Kost, and Latendresse. I think it's best to have one on each line, even though it means breaking up the very good A.Kost-Plex-Kovalev line.

Here's mine

Kovalev - Sundin - Tanguay

A Kost - Plekanec - S Kost

Lapierre - Bégin - Kostopoulos

Dandenault, Chipchura

Markov - Komisarek

Harmlik - O'Byrne/Streit

Bouillon - Gorges

Price

Halak

Here's mine

Kovalev - Sundin - Tanguay

A Kost - Plekanec - S Kost

Lapierre - Bégin - Kostopoulos

Dandenault, Chipchura

Markov - Komisarek

Harmlik - O'Byrne/Streit

Bouillon - Gorges

Price

Halak

You can forget about seeing Streit in a Habs uniform next year. We won'T have any room for him (salary wise) under the cap!

Not very original at this point but i do not think Sundin will come here.

A.Kots Plek Kovy

Tanguay- Koivu+ Latendresse

Higgins-Rolston- S Kost

Bégin-Lapierre-Kostopolos

*Stewart-Chipchura

Markov-Komisarek

Hammer- Zidlicky

Bouillon-Georges

*O'byrne

Price

Kolzig

ok worse case scenario: we lose Streit and dont re-sign (slomo and Rydout) and no other change in the forwards situation other than call ups

Even if we did have a good Plek line last year I believe its to the teams interest to change them up... and leave that arrangement as a plan B if other things fail

So Koivu is gonna have to get that improvement he deserves and Kovalev aswell (specially becasue we need to know the complete scenario come end of next season when the contracts are up)

and the Kosty brothers have no choice but to move up a level specially if we have given big brother a 3.5 - 4.5 Mill contract a season

Alex T- Koivu - Alex K

Kosty - Plek - Kosty S.

Higgins/Lats - Lapierre/Grabo - Lats/Kostop

Begin/Higgins - Hamilton - Kostop/Lats/Hamilton

If the Koivu line fails then we move Kovy back to the Plek line and and we juggle this until we can hope to trade for a Centre

Alex T - Koivu - Lats/Higgins

Kosty - Plek - Kovy

Higgins - Lapierre/Grabo - Kosty S.

Begin - Hamilton - Kostop/Hamilton

This will be reduce our costs for next season if the new kids play well with the 4Mill and up vets and reduces the chances of overpaying to re-sign Kovy, Koivu and Tanguay (these last three could be costing us at least 15 Mil alone come next season but possibly even closer to 18-20

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope they can figure out a way to get rid of Dandenault and Smolinski.

There are plenty of guys to choose from who are ready to step in - but first you need to get rid of the old dead wood.

Personally I hope they give Chipchura a chance - he will become a very reliable dependable player once he starts getting consistent ice time - hes just never going to Wow you in 1-2 games - hes just not that type of a player - but he will be a lot more reliable than a Dandenault or Ryder etc. in his consistent play over long term.

S Kost - Sundin - Kovalev

Higgins - Plekanec - A Kost

Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay

Bégin - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

Dandenault- Chipchura - Stewart? *

Markov - Komisarek

Harmlik - O'Byrne/Streit

Bouillon - Gorges

Price

Halak

I hope they dont play the AK's together. Ironically it probably hurts lil AK to play with big AK. Kovalev had a good season last year but on a lot of his goals when A Kosts passed him the puck Kosts could have scored had he not passed. A Kosts idolizes Kovy and trends to often give him the puck instead of scoring himself. Kovy can get that many goals without A Kosts passing to him. If A Kosts never passed to his idol he would get more goals than Kovy but when he is kept on the same line that probably wont ever happen because he passes to Kovy to much. I could see A Kosts getting 50+ goals as long as he is not on Kovys line. ^_^

The best thing about the last season they failed to make the playoffs was the Higgins - Plekanec - A Kost line. They were averaging over 1 pt/game each over a 15 game span. No clue why Carbo didnt reunite that line last year but it probably had to do with Kovy playing so well with A Kosts last year that they didnt want that to stop. Kovy clearly enjoys playing with the young Russianish players so keep him with S Kosts.

S Kost - Sundin - Kovalev

Higgins - Plekanec - A Kost

Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay

Bégin - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

Dandenault- Chipchura - Stewart? *

Markov - Komisarek

Harmlik - O'Byrne/Streit

Bouillon - Gorges

Price

Halak

I hope they dont play the AK's together. Ironically it probably hurts lil AK to play with big AK. Kovalev had a good season last year but on a lot of his goals when A Kosts passed him the puck Kosts could have scored had he not passed. A Kosts idolizes Kovy and trends to often give him the puck instead of scoring himself. Kovy can get that many goals without A Kosts passing to him. If A Kosts never passed to his idol he would get more goals than Kovy but when he is kept on the same line that probably wont ever happen because he passes to Kovy to much. I could see A Kosts getting 50+ goals as long as he is not on Kovys line. ^_^

The best thing about the last season they failed to make the playoffs was the Higgins - Plekanec - A Kost line. They were averaging over 1 pt/game each over a 15 game span. No clue why Carbo didnt reunite that line last year but it probably had to do with Kovy playing so well with A Kosts last year that they didnt want that to stop. Kovy clearly enjoys playing with the young Russianish players so keep him with S Kosts.

I don't think its very realistic to suggest that AK46 will get 50+ goals next year. Only 3 players in the league got 50 goals last season which is more than in previous years. It'll be a great season for him if he gets 30-35.

these are the lines i'd like to see (if we dont get any new players):

tanguay-plekanec-kovalev

a.kost-koivu-s-kost

higgins-grabovski-lats

lapierre-chipchura-kostop

spares: begin, dandanealt

we can still have 3 offensive lines if we dont sign sundin. I think grabovski will be ready for the nhl next season and has a lot of potential. Obviously we'd be much better off with sundin and I really hope they sign him however I still think we'll have one of the top offensive teams in th league without him.

I don't think its very realistic to suggest that AK46 will get 50+ goals next year. Only 3 players in the league got 50 goals last season which is more than in previous years. It'll be a great season for him if he gets 30-35.

I dont think its absurd to say A Kosts could get 50+ goals in a season. I never said next year, but I still dont think thats impossible either. On at least 10-15 of Kovalev's goals last year A Kosts passed to him when A Kosts could have shot and scored himself. Kovy had 35 goals last year and A Kosts had 26. 15 + 26 = 41. A Kost very well could have easily had 41 goals last year. For A Kosts to increase his goal scoring by 10 or even 15 imho isnt that far of a stretch.

I have absolutely no doubt that A Kost will one day be an elite NHL player. The Habs lucked right out drafting him 10th overall in 2003. Had A Kosts not been from a hockey obscure country like Belarus he most likely would have been a top 5 pick, and if he wasnt epileptic he probably would have been picked in the top 3. Basically every scout that year all agreed that A Kosts was the sleeper pick of that draft. i.e. the player who has the most potential to turn into a NHL superstar out of everyone drafted that year.

these are the lines i'd like to see (if we dont get any new players):

tanguay-plekanec-kovalev

a.kost-koivu-s-kost

higgins-grabovski-lats

lapierre-chipchura-kostop

spares: begin, dandanealt

we can still have 3 offensive lines if we dont sign sundin. I think grabovski will be ready for the nhl next season and has a lot of potential. Obviously we'd be much better off with sundin and I really hope they sign him however I still think we'll have one of the top offensive teams in th league without him.

Do you want to change your third line centre?

Just looking over the depth chart, man it's going to be tough to tell some players they'll be in the press box...

Here's how I like it, but I'm sure it'll get criticized!!!

Tanguay - Koivu - S.Kost

Kovalev - Pleks - A.Kost

Latendresse - Higgins - Laraque

Begin - Chipchura - Lapierre/Kostopolous

Higgins at Centre is kind of scary but that line would be fun to watch. I def see a trade coming. Maybe Chips or Laps with some other prospect.

I think "Mr. Center, either Sundin, or through a trade", and Alex Tanguay are our new #1 line.

So the rest is just as it used to be.

Tanguay - Center - Latendresse, I suppose?

Kovalev - Pleks - A.Kost

Higgins - Koivu - S. Kost

Begin - Chipchura - Laraque

That's kinda bad for Kosto, though, he was real good for us. He will surely still play a lot since Begin can't stay healthy and maybe alternate with BGL at times.

Now, guys who want to criticize this lineup, take a breath and try to understand the "new meaning of what a 3rd line is in NHL"...

It's not Juneau and Dackell anymore, it's freaking Umberger and Jeff Carter. So don't critcize having Koivu line (or Pleks line) as the 3rd line... just be happy about that. Think about the time we used to have Chad Kilger or superstar "I want $5M" Jan Bulis as our 3rd line main guy... you'll be happy.

I think "Mr. centre, either Sundin, or through a trade", and Alex Tanguay are our new #1 line.

So the rest is just as it used to be.

Tanguay - centre - Latendresse, I suppose?

Kovalev - Pleks - A.Kost

Higgins - Koivu - S. Kost

That's kinda bad for Kosto, though, he was real good for us. He will surely still play a lot since Begin can't stay healthy and maybe alternate with BGL at times.

Now, guys who want to criticize this lineup, take a breath and try to understand the "new meaning of what a 3rd line is in NHL"...

It's not Juneau and Dackell anymore, it's freaking Umberger and Jeff Carter. So don't critcize having Koivu line (or Pleks line) as the 3rd line... just be happy about that. Think about the time we used to have Chad Kilger or superstar "I want $5M" Jan Bulis as our 3rd line main guy... you'll be happy.

I think since Gainey re-signed Lapierre that he will be in the line up for sure. We also need to move Begin, Kostopo, and Dandy out on the first boat we can.

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - S. Kostitsyn

Laraque - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

Ex: Begin subs in for Laraque when a goon isn't required.

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - S. Kostitsyn

Laraque - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

Ex: Begin subs in for Laraque when a goon isn't required.

no way.

I like the lines, but Laraque never comes out to watch a game. He can actually play the game without fighting ya know, Pittsburgh used him the wrong way.

With the roster as it stands...

Tanguay - Pleks - Kovalev

A. Kostitsyn - Koivu - S. Kostitsyn

Higgins - Lapierre - Latendresse

Begin/Kostopolous - Chipchura - Laraque

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O' Byrne

Bouillon - Gorges

Dandenault

Price

Halak

I don't Bob is done though, so the roster is definitely subject to change.

as what Gainey mentioned as his Centremen

Koivu

Plek

Lapierre

Chipchura

So make the lines based on those those 4 C

Tanguay-Koivu- Lats/S.Kosty

A.Kosty -Pleka- Kovy

Higgins -CHips- Lats/S.Kosty

Begin -Lapier- Kosto

Replace Begin, Kosto or whomever is slacking with Le Rock when needed

no way.

I like the lines, but Laraque never comes out to watch a game. He can actually play the game without fighting ya know, Pittsburgh used him the wrong way.

lol, whatever mahn - so he subs for Kostopoulos then. :P (I'm a big Begin fan, so no way I say trade him off first chance we get :D)

Right now...

Tanguay - Koivu - Kostitsyn

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev

Higgins - Lappiere - Latendresse

With Sundin in a red, blue and white uniform he would take the spot as first line centre and Koivu would be demoted to third, Lappy to the fourth and Chipchura to Hamilton.

What will happen to Kostopolus? Trade or will he split duties with Laraque?