The lame Gas Crisis

Pierre the Great

Seriously. I don't have sympathy for complainers. Freaking deal, elect people who are going to raise gas taxes and rebuild our entire society, until that happens get f-ing used to this. We made this mess, we've got to deal with it.

I'm tired of complainers. These are the same people (in my area) that vote for right wing idiots, vote no on metro expansion because black people will then move out to the white areas and steal my tv, same people who refuse to take the bus (no white people take the bus around here, they stopped en mass after Rosa Parks got on). Same people that prefer development of sprawl over smart planning.

Anyhow its silly. Gas is only 1.00 litre here and its the end of the world.

In Sweden gas costs about $ 2.20 US per liter.

So that's about $8 a gallon for us U.S. folks :puke:

Right now gas is $4.25 a gallon at the pump down the street and although it sucks ( cause we're used to it being so much cheaper ) ... I know it's not even close to being the most expensive gas in the world. So I try not to complain ^_^

moving to Chicago permanently in a month. I'm selling my car since I'm downtown. Even gas prices aside, I am so happy to be done with driving.

Sounds excellent!

Yes last time I was in Vancouver gas was 1.35 now in some places its 1.45 (its really 1.43 but I'm adding the carbon tax coming in at the end of the month).

So its 5.50 a gallon.

I'm ecstatic not to be driving anymore once I go back to school in Vancouver this year. I'll just buy a bike to get around when I want to stay in the west end/kits area. Bus anywhere else.

Sounds excellent!

Yes last time I was in Vancouver gas was 1.35 now in some places its 1.45 (its really 1.43 but I'm adding the carbon tax coming in at the end of the month).

So its 5.50 a gallon.

I'm ecstatic not to be driving anymore once I go back to school in Vancouver this year. I'll just buy a bike to get around when I want to stay in the west end/kits area. Bus anywhere else.

Smart choice.

I don't even have a drivers license, so for me it doesn't matter much how much gas costs. There are times when it would have been handy to have a car, or at least access to one (like 18 months ago when I moved and bought a lot of new furniture at IKEA, which is located at the outskirts of town, and I can't really transport a bed or a couch on my bicycle from there to where I live anyway), but I get by better than OK without one. I get some much needed exercise, I don't pollute the environment as much and riding a bicycle is a lot cheaper than driving a car. Also, public transportation can get me almost everywhere in the town where I live. And Västerås is well-known for having a good system of bicycles-and-pedestrians-only roads. I ride my bike even in the winter. And if I would like to go to Stockholm, it takes less than an hour on the train, the price is reasonable and I don't have to worry about parking and toll fees and traffic jams and such.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

I don't even have a drivers license, so for me it doesn't matter much how much gas costs. There are times when it would have been handy to have a car, or at least access to one (like 18 months ago when I moved and bought a lot of new furniture at IKEA, which is located at the outskirts of town, and I can't really transport a bed or a couch on my bicycle from there to where I live anyway), but I get by better than OK without one. I get some much needed exercise, I don't pollute the environment as much and riding a bicycle is a lot cheaper than driving a car. Also, public transportation can get me almost everywhere in the town where I live. And Västerås is well-known for having a good system of bicycles-and-pedestrians-only roads. I ride my bike even in the winter. And if I would like to go to Stockholm, it takes less than an hour on the train, the price is reasonable and I don't have to worry about parking and toll fees and traffic jams and such.

That's what's lacking in most North American cities which drives me up a wall. Its a crime that there will never be a skytrain route to UBC or West Vancouver or North Van. Instead of building his highway to the glory of himself Campbell should of built a high speed rail link to Whistler (or just a train would be fine doesn't have to be high speed although that would be the best) and if he hadn't sold off BC Rail... He could of made it a passenger route w/BC Rail.

Its a crime that a high speed rail link hasn't been developed between Seattle and Portland. Vancouverites don't go to Calgary they go to places like Bellingham, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco. Only thing stopping a high speed rail link is the little town of White Rock apparently. Going by train to Seattle is nearly impossible. Most of the time they'll take you by bus to Seattle and then you'll get on the train.

While European cities like London are clogged with traffic, I have and always will consider Europe and Japan far more advanced society in transportation then North America. You want to know where my 'I long for Europe started?' When the Chunnel opened, I was exposed to the idea of getting around the European country side by high speed rail link. As a person who has never been on a train in their life, high speed passenger trains to me signify higher development of society.

Edited by Pierre the Great