well as my name suggests I am red wings fan but i hope you have a place for a female who's second fave team is the Habs?

My name's Svetlana and I'm from Newfoundland, Canada.

I will turn 30 on August 1. I was born in 1978.

I attend university in St. John's where I study history and Russian Language and Literature.

My favourite Habs are Koivu, Kovalev and Price.

My fave red wings are Holmstrom, Cleary, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg.

I became a hockey fan in spring 1991 my father is a habs fan and he was watching the pens win the stanley cup, I watched it with him, I became a nhl fan then and have been ever since.

I chose the habs for a team I liked in 1992.

I chose the wings in 1995 as my second fave team because the wings are my father's second fave team and he wouldnt stop talking about them lmao before 1995 i was like wings? Feh

but after reading up on their history and wings contributions to hockey and to make the world a better place I chose them as my first fave team. Didn't choose them right away though I remained a habs fan for 16 years with habs as my first fave team It took me years to come to a decision some ppl say why take a decision like that its just hockey why should it be so serious but for my father and I hockey is a part of our lives.

The wings have made revolutionary changes to hockey and the world (the creation of NHLPA and players rights)

The Habs have won the most Stanley Cups and have impressed North America with their amazing on ice greatness.

To me there are no two better teams than the red wings and the Habs !

Edited by HolmstromScreens

Welcome aboard. there's always room for female posters. there are so very few of you Lasses.

enjoy your time here.

by the way I've become a huge holmstrom fan in these playoffs.

Thanks, Mark and Cali for your kind words

tbh i didnt know what to expect joining a board of a team that isnt my favourite

but this welcome is very sweet thank you !

and btw I'm glad someone else recognizes Holmstrom's talent and unique abilities that are useful

I'm going to become your big fan ! No seriously haha

always love to talk to fans of Tomas Holmstrom (who I just love to death) !! ^_^

well as my name suggests I am red wings fan but i hope you have a place for a female who's second fave team is the Habs?

For me it's the other way around - I'm a Habs fan first and Red Wings fan second.

'Cause of that guy Lidström, you know... :blush:

Welcome to the boards.

Thanks, Tony.

btw I like Lidstrom he's a great player and captain.

He isnt one of my favorites though *ducks to avoid internet brick thrown by lidstrom fans*

I'm a huge Zetterberg fan myself, but I wouldn't mind having Holmstrom on Les Habs, he's exactly the kind of guy the team is missing.

BTW, welcome aboard!

I'm a huge Zetterberg fan myself, but I wouldn't mind having Holmstrom on Les Habs, he's exactly the kind of guy the team is missing.

BTW, welcome aboard!

well maybe having a Holmstrom fan on your boards when you cant have Tomas himself on your team might be the next best thing ^_^

p.s. Zetterberg rocks ! Loved him in that game when he killed off a long 5 on 3 penalties the wings had half of that by himself ! he was hero for his team that night, Im glad he got the Conn Smythe Trophy, OMG, ye just knew - I coulda jumped for joy when he did that, by gum, I could've -

who do you think will get the Selke? Datsyuk or Zett?

Personally i'd like for Datsyuk to get it. I personally favor Datsyuk a little tad more than Zetterberg.

and I hope Datsyuk wins the Lady Byng he's up for.

btw thanks for the welcome. ^_^

I'd welcome you but as an Avs fan, I'm officially barred from saying anything positive to a Wings fan. See, it's in the secret Avs rule book.

My apologies, you seem like a nice enough person but I don't want to lose my Avs fan membership. ;)

First of all, they should rename the team and call them the "Sweden Red Wings". ;)

Give Datsyuk the Selke. Zetterberg (in Sweden we often call him Zäta; literally a spelling of the letter Z) won the Conn Smythe, Lidström stands a decent chance to win the Norris, I say give Pavel the Selke.

Welcome aboard. I'm a HUGE fan of Holmstrom ( I use to be a REALLY HUGE fan of Dino Cicarelli...). I tend to think that Guillaume Latendresse should take a summer class with Holmstrom as a teacher...

I'd welcome you but as an Avs fan, I'm officially barred from saying anything positive to a Wings fan. See, it's in the secret Avs rule book.

My apologies, you seem like a nice enough person but I don't want to lose my Avs fan membership. ;)

it ok i'm not unaware of a rivalry between us wings and you avs going back years, I watched them play each other in playoffs and I was holding my breath hoping they wouldnt kill each other on the ice.

btw you guys are just making me smile ! You all like Holmstrom it seems well maybe except for you avs fans. ^_^

I know you from that other place!

Not surprised someone else would know me from somwhere else I belong to at least half a dozen of these thing called internet hockey forums lmao

Welcome aboard. I'm a HUGE fan of Holmstrom ( I use to be a REALLY HUGE fan of Dino Cicarelli...). I tend to think that Guillaume Latendresse should take a summer class with Holmstrom as a teacher...

I think guillaume is that guy. he'll need to learn to take punishment in order to score goal. and if he doesn't want to do it, wyman and Pax will take his place.

So, are we closing in on the point where fans of other teams and political aficionados outnumber Habs fans, here on HabsWorld? ;)

Anyway, welcome!

No, you know you're a true hockey forum when lots of fans from other teams start invading. You should be happy! :P

No, you know you're a true hockey forum when lots of fans from other teams start invading. You should be happy! :P

so when do us Non Habs start planning a forum revolution? :P

Thats right, I need to give you the location to our secret Headquarters! I knew I forgot something.

http://maps.google.ca/ -- Search for "123 Fake Street". It's the "B" result.

Didn't take long to crack Jets code. It's only common sense that an Alberta boy who doesn't like the Flames is going to make his secret world domination headquarters in Edmonton.

http://maps.google.ca/ -- Search for "123 Fake Street". It's the "B" result.

Didn't take long to crack Jets code. It's only common sense that an Alberta boy who doesn't like the Flames is going to make his secret world domination headquarters in Edmonton.

:lol::clap:

That was great Tony.

Seriously though, Edmonton is for losers.

:lol::clap:

That was great Tony.

Seriously though, Edmonton is for losers.

LOL

so when's the first secret meeting of us fans of other team to plot the takeover?

oh u might have to pm me that one as it should be a secret ^_^

And dont tell the Habs fans. *sly look*