The Official CFL Thread

jetsniper

Impressed with that performance?

Sure, how is 40-4 not impressive?

Not impressed enough to change my all-West Grey Cup stance though.

WOOOT! Als beat Edmonton 40-4, take that WEST!

What do you mean take that West? Why should I care Edmonton lost? It means Calgary only has to worry about being tied with the Roughriders instead of Edmonton as well. Thanks for the help.

Edited by jetsniper

I don't know, they probably had to pay him a lot of money that would be much better spent on some receivers, an offensive line, or anybody who can tackle

I don't know, they probably had to pay him a lot of money that would be much better spent on some receivers, an offensive line, or anybody who can tackle

Ditching Printers salary (highest paid player in the CFL) would help them more then ditching Lumsden. Casey Printers is a useless QB.

Another Argos game, another slaughtering. Someone needs to blow that team up, even Don Matthews can't save it now. Calgary sweeps the home and home, outscoring Toronto 78-20 in the process. Calgary takes over sole possession of first in the West and best record in the league for the time being.

Hoping for another Montreal win tomorrow.

I guess we're both happy of how the game is going as we speak

22-3 mtl !!

Awesome, hope you guys can hold on. A game lead going into a home and home with the Riders would be huge for us. The next two games are Calgary's chance to show they really are the best team in the league.

Two straight demolitions against Western Opponents in Montreal :clap:

That was a fun game to watch, but I'm a little concerned. With 1st all but clinched (1 Montreal win or Winnipeg loss), it's going to be a month and a half of pretty much meaningless football and almost 2 months before a game that'll matter aside from padding individual stats. Will the team get complacent?

That was a fun game to watch, but I'm a little concerned. With 1st all but clinched (1 Montreal win or Winnipeg loss), it's going to be a month and a half of pretty much meaningless football and almost 2 months before a game that'll matter aside from padding individual stats. Will the team get complacent?

I wouldn't say meaningless. I'm sure the als would love to pound TO, and every game vs. the West would be a measuring stick for the team

I wouldn't say meaningless. I'm sure the als would love to pound TO, and every game vs. the West would be a measuring stick for the team

That's why I threw "pretty much" in there - but really, if the team loses to Toronto (or Hamilton in the back to back), it's a non issue. If I remember years past when the Als were clinching early, this was a concern, and they came out flat in the playoffs (still won some games, but boy, they weren't pretty ones.) Now, this is a mostly different team from the years I'm remembering with a new coach, but still, this could be a problem. As for the West games, I think the only one left is the last game of the season in Edmonton (Als have played Calgary, BC, and Sask twice already), meaning it's East games only (Hamilton X2, Toronto, Winnipeg), so there isn't much left for a measuring stick, especially when it's a month away.

For the Als fan who remembers Lawrence Phillips and is wondering what on earth happened to him after he managed to play his way out of the CFL, he's been sentenced to 10 years in prison.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtLT...t&type=lgns

Oh, and of course, go Als tomorrow.

Yeah, he came to Calgary after Montreal and was a complete asshole. Thank god we found Joffery shortly after he left, it serves him right.

So in all the Sportsnet/Red Sox drama, I forgot the Stamps played Saskatchewan tonight.

We lost. Who cares, Red Sox effing won, WOO!

Exact same here, execpt it was a win-win for me!!

Great night, and hell the leafs even lost :)

• 3 weeks later...