The Official CFL Thread

jetsniper

Who is the ****** who said 'we got the MVP !!!! " during the game????

Oh yeah, that was Cobourne :rolleyes: ; what an idiot

Our players thought we won the game with a half left

Yeah, that was right after he got his TD to make it 10-3. He didn't accomplish jacksh*t after that though, haha. Gotta back it up if you want to run your mouth. Calvillo, I think he's a great guy but he didn't look like an MVP either, both INT's were questionable throws and the clock management at the end of the game was incredibly poor.

The Als? Oh HELL no. I'm not a CFL fan at all, but when I do bother to watch it's only the Lions and Stamps. That's it.

I had to catch myself earlier today: I actually said, out loud no less, "Way to go Jets!" I hate the Jets, but beating the Titans was worth rooting for 'em.

Geez Colin, you hate the Avs and now I find out you hate the Jets. Why the hell do I even like you? :P

I don't really have anything against the East teams in the CFL but I live to loathe the rest of the Western teams. Screw repping your conference, I would've rooted for the Als if we lost to the Lions. Hate the Riders, loathe the Lions, despise the Eskimos.

Probably, Chris Berman will likely show the CFL some love.

I LOVE that Berman is such a huge CFL fan. IIRC he's a Bombers fan, he was invited to their training camp this season. And he's always got to throw in some kind of mention for the CFL whenever he does NFL Countdown (although I haven't seen that show in ages, I don't think TSN airs it anymore)

I LOVE that Berman is such a huge CFL fan. IIRC he's a Bombers fan, he was invited to their training camp this season. And he's always got to throw in some kind of mention for the CFL whenever he does NFL Countdown (although I haven't seen that show in ages, I don't think TSN airs it anymore)

That's cool, I always thought CFL in America was like Ping Pong in Canada or something lol.

I'm sure you've all seen this:

:lol: Edited by MMPL

Geez Colin, you hate the Avs and now I find out you hate the Jets. Why the hell do I even like you? :P

Did I say I hated the Avs at some point? lol I don't. Always been a fan of Sakic, for one. And Roy went there - he was my hero growing up. The only time I might have had a hate-on for the Avs was when Propecia Boy was there. Punk, overrated Theo and his ass attitude and planet-sized ego. Otherwise, saying I hated the Avs was purely for your benefit.

:P

Did I say I hated the Avs at some point? lol I don't. Always been a fan of Sakic, for one. And Roy went there - he was my hero growing up. The only time I might have had a hate-on for the Avs was when Propecia Boy was there. Punk, overrated Theo and his ass attitude and planet-sized ego. Otherwise, saying I hated the Avs was purely for your benefit.

:P

Yeah, it was in that "teams you hate most" thread, you listed the Avs as one of them cause they used to be the Nodicks, lol

Probably, Chris Berman will likely show the CFL some love.

He showed highlights of the Grey Cup at halftime of tonights game. Did some of it in French and then him and TJ showed off the Alouettes jerseys that Montreal sent them.

Yeah, our rally or whatever you want to call it is in half an hour. I called in sick and my dads ditching work early so we can both go, haha.

rIght you are !! I would've done the same thing !!

Man, it was so freaking awesome. I'd say there was about 10k people there. I got right in the front row in front of all the players and everything, quite a few people had speeches. Hellard, Ackles (ownership) came and basically sold the Grey Cup for next year. Then Huff came up and talked and then most of the captains came and talked (Armour, DeAngelis and Burris). Then they brought the Grey Cup down to where we were all sitting and passed it around, I got to hold it. That thing is really dented and scratched, Cohon should really look into getting it spruced up, haha.

Got a few autographs on my Burris jersey too. DeAngelis, Labinjo, Rambo, Lewis, Burris, Copeland. I wanted to get Wes Lysack's too since he was my favourite guy during the dark days but couldn't find him. Not a big deal though since they said they're going to try and show the Grey Cup off as much as they can over the next six months so I'm sure I'll get to meet him at some point. I've always loved how accessible CFL players are to the fans though, one reason I like the league so much. Today was a great day.

And now we're beginning the off-season where I'm getting the feeling a lot of the better players in the league are going to jump south. Apparently 2/3s of the NFL is interested in Cam Wake and about half in Jamel Richardson. DeAngelis is going to try and play in the NFL and so is Browner apparently. Kinda sucks but it comes with the territory of the CFL.

Edited by jetsniper

I've always loved how accessible CFL players are to the fans though, one reason I like the league so much. Today was a great day.

Couldn't agree with that more. I still have fond memories of meeting Adrion Smith when I was in grade 6, he signed the cast I had on my leg. Then 3 years later he shows up at one of our football practices. What a great player and a great role model.

Richardson just looks like he could jump right into the NFL. I'm not sure what his 40 time is but he certainly has the size and the hands to be a solid NFLer, from what I've seen anyways.

And now we being the off-season where I'm getting the feeling a lot of the better players in the league are going to jump south. Apparently 2/3s of the NFL is interested in Cam Wake and about half in Jamel Richardson. DeAngelis is going to try and play in the NFL and so is Browner apparently. Kinda sucks but it comes with the territory of the CFL.

At least you guys got Labinjo signed for 3 years !! that guy was freaking awesome sunday !! :clap: :clap:

Yeah, between the two, I'd say he played better in the semi-final. He was a beast in the Grey Cup but those two goalline tackles he made against the Lions after they picked off Burris were god-like. We wouldn't be in the Grey Cup without those two plays.

I laughed when I saw we signed him today because while he was signing my jersey yesterday I said "You better be here for the long haul" and he replied "I'm working on it". I just took it as a generic comment, haha.

I can't believe the Lions let Clermont go. I wouldn't be dissapointed if the Stamps pick him up.

Wasn't surprised they let Roberts go though, he never made an impact and Logan was a better back for them anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't believe the Lions let Clermont go. I wouldn't be dissapointed if the Stamps pick him up.

well looks like the Riders will get him

Great news for the Als: Cahoon will be back for another year..perhaps his last one !!!

• 6 months later...

Actually I'll be honest, I'm hoping Montreal keeps it up.

Show Huff he's a f*cking prick and shouldn't of released the heart and soul of our defense because of some stupid practice issues.

That completely deflated any excitement I had for this season. Our defense has to learn to work together and spend all season trying to gel AGAIN.

Edited by jetsniper