The Official CFL Thread

jetsniper

lol, we blew it again anyway

Thats what happens when you have no HEART on your defense.

Screw Huff for releasing Armour. I gotta watch the same shitty defense for two months again.

• 2 weeks later...

Another solid win for the Als yesterday for the most part. Duval went from being Special Teams' player of the week to goat of the week missing 2 FG's and botching a punt. Score could've been must closer had Whitlock remembered that RB's have to catch the ball every so often as well.

Glad to see Green do well in the game, he's a guy I've always thought could be a regular based on the limited PT he's seen over the last couple years.

Injury, he's supposed to miss 2-3 weeks, so I presume Green will be starting again on Saturday.

no sens in rushing him. may he rest in peace...for 3 weeks !!

no sens in rushing him. may he rest in peace...for 3 weeks !!

They're fine at the receiver spot - Cahoon, Watkins, Bratton, and Green starting, Desriveaux on the bench, same with Deslauriers if healthy. Also nice to see the NI ratio is 50% in the top-6.

43-10 against Saskatchewan is even better than yoursagainst TO !!

What an ugly game that was in the 1st half. It was a minor miracle if there was 2 straight series without a turnover...and they were usually 2 and outs. Glad we got the win, but there's still some work to be done, that's for sure. Richardson may play on Thursday vs the Ti-Cats, which should help the offence some.

• 2 weeks later...

Stamps lose Rambo for the season on a ridiculous horse collar tackle and there is not a single bit of disciplinary action taken by the league. The league office even reviewed the play the next day and still found nothing wrong with it, there wasn't even a penalty called on the play.

People complain about other leagues but the officiating in the CFL has to be the worst in the world. Every season it's just inexplicably terrible.

Stamps lose Rambo for the season on a ridiculous horse collar tackle and there is not a single bit of disciplinary action taken by the league. The league office even reviewed the play the next day and still found nothing wrong with it, there wasn't even a penalty called on the play.

People complain about other leagues but the officiating in the CFL has to be the worst in the world. Every season it's just inexplicably terrible.

too bad for the stamps !! all they need is to lose that big LAbingo lad on D and MTl will be set for a grey cup revenge !!

too bad for the stamps !! all they need is to lose that big LAbingo lad on D and MTl will be set for a grey cup revenge !!

Well the injury doesn't bother me as much as the fact nothing was done about it. The league is making it seem like horse-collar tackling is ok when that can seriously injure someone. They need to wake the f*ck up.

Our receiving corps is deep enough that Rambo won't be a huge loss even though he's probably the top receiver in the league in terms of pure raw talent. We still have Lewis (who's coming off the injured list) Thelwell, Ralph and Copeland. We've got good depth for that 5th spot. Howell, Johnson and Jackson have all shown at some point or another that they can get it done. Theres always Derrick Armstrong too if no one steps up too.

Labinjo going down wouldn't be a major loss considering Odell Willis has been a nice revelation so far. 5 sacks in 4 games, leads the league. Mike can still stuff the run but hasn't been able to get into the pass rush as well as he did during the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
Jeez !!! A shutout !!!! Good job Als !!!!!

I'm an Als fan and I was all but pulling my hair out figuratively during that game. I've now come to the conclusion that Avon Cobourne needs to be moved out to the slotback spot, these 2 and 3 yard rushes are just terrible and occurring way too often. Take out his 2 long rushes in the 4th when the D wasn't trying 100% and he's around 13/30 yards for the game. He's a decent receiver and can do well when he has room to run but can't get through a pile to save his life in recent weeks. They've got a couple of good young collegiate RB's on the practice roster who did alright in preseason, may as well give one of them a shot.

We also can thank Bart Andrus for not taking the field goal from the 3 when it was 18-0; had they not gone for it, there wouldn't have been a shutout. Good job by the D nonetheless.

This is how bad the Argos are - after watching that entire game, I can name you a whopping 1 receiver - Reggie McNeal (who's a converted QB at that rate).

I'm an Als fan and I was all but pulling my hair out figuratively during that game. I've now come to the conclusion that Avon Cobourne needs to be moved out to the slotback spot, these 2 and 3 yard rushes are just terrible and occurring way too often. Take out his 2 long rushes in the 4th when the D wasn't trying 100% and he's around 13/30 yards for the game. He's a decent receiver and can do well when he has room to run but can't get through a pile to save his life in recent weeks. They've got a couple of good young collegiate RB's on the practice roster who did alright in preseason, may as well give one of them a shot.

We also can thank Bart Andrus for not taking the field goal from the 3 when it was 18-0; had they not gone for it, there wouldn't have been a shutout. Good job by the D nonetheless.

This is how bad the Argos are - after watching that entire game, I can name you a whopping 1 receiver - Reggie McNeal (who's a converted QB at that rate).

Let's play over/under.

Number of games Andrus will coach for the Argos from this point on: O/U .5

I say under.

Let's play over/under.

Number of games Andrus will coach for the Argos from this point on: O/U .5

I say under.

Over for me. They'll at least give him one more game, assuming he's willing to start Pickett, who actually moved the ball pretty well in the 4th last night.

Yeah, didn't see the game. But allowing 3 points would have been awesome as well...

I'm not a big fan of Kerry Joseph. He always seems to perform when he is rushed and out of his pocket. Just like he can't calm down the game. Just like Tim Thomas...

And a Bengals reject at that. And yes, that means he has been arrested, haha.

And a Bengals reject at that. And yes, that mean's he has been arrested, haha.

I thought the Bengals rejected only players who have not been arrested... :lol: