Congrats to AK27

Wamsley01

On his second team All-Star selection.

First time since Theo I believe. I can't remember the last time a Habs was on the 1st team...Roy?

edit: It was Roy in 1991-92

Edited by Wamsley01

Let's hope he can play just as well next season.

I'm not worried about anyone on the Big Titz/Plex/Kovy line at all...they'll produce.

It's Higgins and Koivu that I'm concerned about.

I'm not worried about anyone on the Big Titz/Plex/Kovy line at all...they'll produce.

It's Higgins and Koivu that I'm concerned about.

You're right to worry about Koivu. I think he's on the downside of his career and that the arc of descent will be steep. (Although I also think that he will raise his game at key times).

Higgins doesn't worry me. As is, he's a good all-around player. The only "worry" is whether he'll ever become a star. If he doesn't, we're no worse off - so why worry?

And you're wrong NOT to be at least slightly uneasy about Kovalev. In 2004, he had 45 points in 78 games. In 2005-06, 65 in 69 games. In 2006-07, 47 points in 73 games. Last year, 84 points in 82 games. We're NOT talking about Mr. Consistency here. A certain amount of skepticism is healthy where AK 27 is concerned.

not to get off topic (btw can one really be called on going off topic in a thread made all the way back in january? Hmmm.. :blink: )

but Alexei has the coolest nickname I've ever heard I think.

ak27 like ak47 !! Awesomeness. ^_^