Annual HW Draft Pool

Habitforming

Draft fans!

This is your chance to predict the NHL entry draft order!

This is an annual event here at HW in case you didn't know, and it has been a success so far so let's keep it rolling.

Here are the rules.

1. You must pick the players and rank them 1-30

2. The object is to try and get them in the actual order they are selected according to the NHL draft on June 20th.

3. The winner will be determined on a point system. (See below)

4. Submit your picks to me no later than Thursday June 19th by noon EST by email. Be sure to include your name/email/forum ID

My Email m.godbout@habsworld.net

In case your still lost, here is last years Draft Pool: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1436

Ok I did mention a Prize.

The winner will have to choose any ONE of three NHL player autographed memorabilia. I won't tell you what it is, you pick the player, and wait for it to arrive.

Guessing the correct player in draft position:

1-5 1 point

6-10 2 pts

11-15 3 pts

16-20 4 pts

21-25 5 pts

26-30 10 pts!

Good Luck :clap:

Edited by Habitforming

Um, what happens if there is a trade early on and every pick after is screwed up cuz they all move down one?

:hlogo:

Um, what happens if there is a trade early on and every pick after is screwed up cuz they all move down one?

What if the numbers you pick out aren't drawn by the lottery?

Chance ya take. :D

Im just saying it would suck if you pick the top 5 right then no. 6 pulls a Milbury and chooses somebody expected to go in the 3rd round or something, all your picks move down, but I see what ya mean, no worries.

Im just saying it would suck if you pick the top 5 right then no. 6 pulls a Milbury and chooses somebody expected to go in the 3rd round or something, all your picks move down, but I see what ya mean, no worries.

Take into consideration that I won this last year ( this includes beating the scouting services and major sports brands TSN, Redline, ISS etc) with 6 right I'm sure that one or two Milbury moments won't effect too much.

Here is last years comparison.

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1435

The winner will have to choose any ONE of three NHL player autographed memorabilia. I won't tell you what it is, you pick the player, and wait for it to arrive.

Can the player be dead and/or retired?

Always wanted an autographed Aurel Joliat little hat...

Can the player be dead and/or retired?

Always wanted an autographed Aurel Joliat little hat...

I'll determine the three players to choose from, but Joliat is not among them.

Think current and Hall of fame Canadiens (none that are deceased, I keep those for me.)

Edited by Habitforming

Indeed. It's the player order. Not who picks them.

I had Toronto picking Lars Eller with their first last year. The Leafs traded that first to SJ (Toskala and Bell deal). SJ than trades the pick to St-Louis. The Blues then selected Eller.

I still got it right since the spot Eller I predicted for him was right regardless of the team.

I really don't know prospect enough to get in. But i don't see how I could mess up like TSN did last year...

Tell me about it.

0 for 30 is embarassing to say the least :lol:

Where did the Habsworld draft thread go. I seem to remember seeing one and just looked back a month and cannot find it any longer.(Maybe my Peepers are not functioning) Is Habsworld going to make a 2008 draft thread or is there going to be a million we should draft??? threads. Just curious....

deadline extended to 11pm est tonight!!

BTW... the most common question I get is "Do I have to be a registered member?"

The answer is no, you don't. as long as you leave your name and email it's all good, but why would you not want to be a member really?

Edited by Habitforming

Hahaha, I finished 2nd! Proving you can do well by knowing nothing. I could have done better had I not manipulated the top to give the Jackets Bogosian, haha. Since I'm the highest score of the people who didn't run the contest, I get a prize, right? :D

Hahaha, I finished 2nd! Proving you can do well by knowing nothing. I could have done better had I not manipulated the top to give the Jackets Bogosian, haha. Since I'm the highest score of the people who didn't run the contest, I get a prize, right? :D

lol

Nice job! :clap:

I changed a few too costing me some extras but hey, what do you do?

oh yeah........

NO PRIZE FOR YOU!

;)

Edited by Habitforming