Teams You Can't Stand

Ribeiro

What NHL Team and it's fans can't you stand?

The Leafs are the obvious choice for Habs fans.

I personally, can't stand the Canucks and it's fans.

I'm not too crazy about the Lightning either. And it's large fan-base /sarcasm.

Boston: I cant stand the team, and some of the fans.

Buffalo: I used to hate the team when they had guys like Ray and Barnaby, Varada ... the team is more likable now

Ottawa: I used to like them, now I'm starting to hate them after they got the old Buffalo guys I used to hate like Varada and GM Muckler... Plus they always choke vs Toronto: I hate everything about this team and its fans

New York Rangers: I hate Sather

New York Islanders: Milbury is an idiot, I dont like Peca very much... And they've got a few annoying fans

New Jersey: I cant stand New Jersey fans... ugh...

Pittsburgh: nothing against this team

Philly: Half the time I like them, half the time I hate them... it depends who they are playing, I've also met a few asshole flyers fans.

Washington: I hate the caps, I could never explain why... I just do. Maybe its because they have low attendance? Maybe its because of Kolzig? (I never liked him)

Carolina: Hate the team and the fans because of 2002, its not just about the habs losing either :P .

Florida: bleh... I dont care much.

Tampa: I like them.

Atlanta: Nothing against them, maybe a few bad fans...

Detroit: They've got too many stupid bandwagon fans. I've got nothing against the team

Chicago: nothing against them

Nashville: whatever

St Louis: Hate the team and some fans. I cant stand Tkachuk, Weight and Pronger... really dirty players.

Columbus: whatever...

Dallas: Guerin is an ass, because of him I do not like this team.

Anaheim: bleah whatever...

Los Angeles: I like this team and its fans

San Jose: indifferent

Phoenix: indifferent

Vancouver: Matt Cooke is a scumbag, I used to like them more before last season.

Calgary: Very hard working likable team.

Edmonton: I've always liked them.

Colorado: Cant stand them or the fans.

Minny: indifferent about the team, they've got some good fans.

Washington: I hate the caps, I could never explain why... I just do. Maybe its because they have low attendance? Maybe its because of Kolzig? (I never liked him)

All the teams in Washington suck. They have the worst luck in baseball, almost like they're cursed. The Redskins, Wizards and Capitols.

Vancouver: Matt Cooke is a scumbag, I used to like them more before last season.

Only Cooke? How about Bertuzzi, Ruutu, Cloutier and May? All cowards that play cheap. I won't even start on the over-confident/over-violent fans.

It's not hard to understand why the Canucks have and never will win a Stanley Cup. Especially with the dumb moves they make during the off-season.

I tend to have no problem with any other teams. The Lightning annoy me. Not because they beat the Habs with a ton of luck (the series should've been 2-2).

I started to hate the canucks after the bertuzzi incident and their fans not only supporting Todd but even saying that what he did wasnt that big of a deal. Just plain sick.

I hate the leafs because they always get very lucky when they play us. It just seems that whenever they play us, the momentum and luck is always on their side. I know they're a very good team but so are the habs and many times they score goals by either intentionally shooting at a defenders skate to deflect it in or sometimes doing it with luck. Also I hate their attitude and their fans who think they're the best team in the world when they havent won a cup since 1967. LMAO!

I like and dislike the Bruins at the same time. I hate them cuz they have an attitude that they think they can beat us anyday but come playoff time we also give them a beating and eliminate them most of the time which is why I like them.

I also hate the tampa bay lightning. Even tho I like everybody else think they are a very good team, unlike many other people, I think they beat us with luck. Everything they shot seemed to go in and then on the other corner the freakin Khavibulin which no doubtis a good goalie, but he didn't even see where the shots from Kovy, Ryder or Souray or some of our other player's went, still didnt go in and instead kept hitting his pads. And I hate Lecavalier cuz I dont like people who dont help their team while they are shorthanded and freakin cheat and wait at center ice for a pass and then goes for a breakaway. Also had we not made that many turnovers I believe this series would've lasted much more then it did.

[Edited on 2004/7/24 by Guy_Guy_Guy]

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

1 Toronto

2 Boston

3 Toronto  

I would also list the Avs and Stars to this list. :puke: :P

My 2nd favourite team is Detroit ... for sure I'm not an enthusiastic fan of them but with Stevie Y. plays also my favourite player there.

1) Boston.... Cry baby team

2) Leafs.... Apparently they are going to win the cup every year?!

3)Buffalo... Dirty team, for sum reason we never play good against them.

4)San Jose.... Maybe because i hate the colour of their jersey...

5)Colorado.... They're the ex-Nodiques.... what else can i say

Originally posted by Ribeiro

I'm not too crazy about the Lightning either.  And it's large fan-base /sarcasm.

They are still a young franchise, and their fan base is growing. Now that they have had good seasons the last 2-3 years, people are getting interested in hockey. The first 2-3 years for an expension team is good, because fans want to find out about it. Then, lots of people lose interest because it takes more than that to build a good team from the scraps the rest of the leauge didn't want.

Now, the team has built a solid fan base, one more loyal than even Boston. Boston averaged 85% capacity, while Tampa averaged 90%. This doesn't sound like a poor fan base to me. I could care less if you dislike the team, but why do you constantly harass the team and their fans?

They are still a young franchise, and their fan base is growing.

Uh, hockey is a fad sport in Florida. If the Lightning were in the Cup Finals, and they didn't get any new fans, the team would fold.

It's like baseball in Canada. If the team wins, the stadium sells-out if they lose, it's empty (Jays).

.  Now that they have had good seasons the last 2-3 years, people are getting interested in hockey.

Actually, they aren't interested. In Tampa Bay, High School sports highlight shows get higher ratings.

Now, the team has built a solid fan base, one more loyal than even Boston

Again - Fad sport.

Maybe you should check the TV ratings then compare it to other Cup/Playoff games before making any more comments.

[Edited on 2004/7/26 by Ribeiro]

CNEWS

The U.S., ratings, however, paint a different picture.  

Games 3, 4 and 5 have the lowest average since broadcast networks began carrying the NHL finals in 1998.  

Thursday's game drew a 2.5 rating, one of the lowest since 1998. The Flames lead the best-of-seven series 3-2.  

Stop making uninformed comments.

Tampa doesn't have a fan base. They'll disappear once the team loses the Cup.

Even now, the ratings show that they don't give a shit.

Stop lying to yourself. High School football is more important to their city than a Stanley Cup.

[Edited on 2004/7/26 by Ribeiro]

Originally posted by Ribeiro

The U.S., ratings, however, paint a different picture.  

Games 3, 4 and 5 have the lowest average since broadcast networks began carrying the NHL finals in 1998.  

You are mislead here, Ribeiro. These ratings are not just for the Tampa area, these are the national ratings. It's not even HS football season, so there was NOBODY watching a HS game over the Cup finals. I think the attendance stat I provided goes a long way to showing their fan base. They had better attendance than Boston, an Original 6 team that was having a good season, finishing 2nd in the East.

Sure, a number of "fans" will lose interest when the Cup leaves, but EVERY team that wins a Cup has its fair share of bandwagon fans. And even so, winning the Cup made some people watch hockey in Florida for the very first time. Many of these people will take a liking to it and continue to support the local team.

And what is so bad about HS football being more popular (overall) than hockey in Florida? HS football has been in Florida much longer than hockey has. HS football itself is very fun to watch, especially in Florida, where some of the best HS players in America play. In one "all-star" game of sorts, the Florida All-Stars take on the stars from the rest of the country, and quite often they win.

I suggest we continue the rest of this conversion, if you choose to do so, over P2P, because I have led us far away from the topic at hand.

Well the obvious reply for a habs fan is Toronto which is my answer for this case.

Frankly I think the bandwagon of Toronto fans are morons. From what I hear they plan their Stanley Cup parade in advance when they make the playoffs but I could be wrong.

As for the players I don't like Tucker and Domi because their both dirty players and a bunch of goons. No one else is ringing a bell right now.

Boston: Never liked the team nor the fans, I love seeing them lose.

Ottawa: Choke artists....hope they continue choking

Toronto: I hate everything about this team and its fans

New York Rangers: I hate everything about this team and its fans too

New Jersey:Don't like anything about the fanchise.

Philly: Hated them since i was born. him)

Detroit: Cacoon revisted.

Vancouver: Clown orginaization

Edmonton: never liked em...hated them more and more every cup they won.

Colorado: Cant stand them or the fans.

:hlogo::hlogo::ghg::hlogo::hlogo:

Vancouver: Clown orginaization

I read that someone phoned into a radio station and called the team "Clowns" and Ed Jovanoski just happened to be tuned in. So Jovanoski called up the radio show and demanded to be let on, then he let the fan have it and said something like, "Why don't you go out there and play?!"

With that attitude it's no wonder they've never won a Cup and they've only gotten past the 1st round once in 3 years.

So what would you prescribe he did?... Sit around, listen to his team gettin bashed on the radio?... I think calling in, and making himself heard, in the defence for his team... was pretty noble. Thats the kinda person you want on your team... He stood up for them... even if they do have some terrible luck and such...

Maybe their team does have some clowns on board... (Cloutier)... but in my book... Ed Jovanoski is certainly not one of them.