why the Isles are a joke

MAK

yashin back ??

are they so desperate ??

if they need centermen I'm willing to take their 1st rounder for grabovski and Locke. heck I'm such a nice guy, they can also have milroy.

Nah, Wang just has feelings for him. I guess he's desperate now and who can blame him?

If i were the Islanders i'd take Yashin back for a pay cut. Hes worth having. Islanders lost so much offensive punch last season it wouldn't be a bad thing...

Btw isn't it Yashin who wants back in the Islanders..which would mean no other NHL wants him, aint that more desperate for yashin :P

If i were the Islanders i'd take Yashin back for a pay cut. Hes worth having. Islanders lost so much offensive punch last season it wouldn't be a bad thing...

Btw isn't it Yashin who wants back in the Islanders..which would mean no other NHL wants him, aint that more desperate for yashin :P

You are HWL's Wang for a reason.....

It isn't a paycut bringing him back when he is still on the books from the buy out last year.

This is odd to say the least.

Getting Yashin at a low price wont hurt. Trading away young good players is killing them. USA's version of Canada's only dysfunctional NHL team.....

the leafs!

Yeah, that Ryan Smyth trade killed their future, especially considering Nilsson turned it on last season. The Isles were pretty sure he was a bust. Now the biggest star related to their team doesn't even play hockey, it's Hilary Duff. Unless she finally dumped that gomer Comrie.

My opinion on why the Isles are boneheads is they've consistently attracted too many free agents, far too often. Usually the acquisition is a "we'll try this, this guy will work. He's not super marquee but he satisfies our need to get this UFA. After all, we need UFA's for the sake of getting them. I mean, you gotta trade all the time, right?"

They are one of the most bizarre franchises for flipping rosters. One year they spend and get UFA's, fill a spot here and there, blah blah blah and then try a good core of their youth. Then they trade the youth the next season in the draft etc, acquire more youth in drafts and on and on and on...start again! :blink:

You're either loading or rebuilding or in the middle. Make up your mind Isles! :wacko:

AND, IT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR 20 YEARS NOW! :lol:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

I wouldn't say the Islanders are a joke because a report says that Yashin is interested in coming back ... not the Islanders want him back ... yes I'm sure Garth Snow picked up the phone and talked to his agent when he called but that doesn't mean they want him back or that the Islanders are a joke because of it. But I wouldn't excuse there bad trade decisions over the years.

I wouldn't say the Islanders are a joke because a report says that Yashin is interested in coming back ... not the Islanders want him back ... yes I'm sure Garth Snow picked up the phone and talked to his agent when he called but that doesn't mean they want him back or that the Islanders are a joke because of it. But I wouldn't excuse there bad trade decisions over the years.

You are absolutely correct CaliHabsFan. It is a constant trading and rebuilding or whatever they call it that is killing them. Either rebuild or build upon your youth. do not change your mind in the middle of the process....

You are absolutely correct CaliHabsFan. It is a constant trading and rebuilding or whatever they call it that is killing them. Either rebuild or build upon your youth. do not change your mind in the middle of the process....

Yeah but give Garth Snow a little credit ... he went for it and wanted to make the playoffs for his owner ( which i'm sure is what he wanted ) ... Milbury is the man that destroyed that team. All though I don't know is Snow is rebuilding or retooling ... it looks like the team needs to rebuild again .. I don't see many blue chip type youngsters the team can build on. It's like the Kings and Habs were years ago. It's like either get the party going and get some A-listers in the room or send everyone home and rethink your party throwing stratagy. ^_^