NHL UFA/Trades thread - July 1st

So apparently Giggy offered 3 mil while Theo said no and asked for 4.5 mil to which Giggy said screw off. I'm glad he did too, I wouldn't go higher then 3.5 mil. Theodore is out of his mind if he thinks he deserves more then that.

aye. theodore is now a bottom tier first starter. If Washington calls you accept whatever the offer is. this team is only going up and he'd be sure to make the playoffs.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye. theodore is now a bottom tier first starter. If Washington calls you accept whatever the offer is. this team is only going up and he'd be sure to make the playoffs.

Oh yeahhh, I don't think they've re-signed Huet yet, have they.

I'd totally be down for signing Huet. I just want a guy to platoon with Boods, not a full-time guy. And I think that 3 mil is about what Huet would accept, I think. Maybe lower.

Did Gainey enter contract talks with Huet at all? Anyone know what he was looking for?

Oh yeahhh, I don't think they've re-signed Huet yet, have they.

I'd totally be down for signing Huet. I just want a guy to platoon with Boods, not a full-time guy. And I think that 3 mil is about what Huet would accept, I think. Maybe lower.

Did Gainey enter contract talks with Huet at all? Anyone know what he was looking for?

those two (Huet and Theo) are going to chase each other around the NHL, I guess.

i don't think he ever did. Gainey objective wasn'T to get huet for the lowest price, it was getting rid of Huet for the highest price and get some NHL time to Halak, hence the trade to washington.

FROM TAMPA BAY'S OFFICIAL SITE:

Lightning Acquire Rights To Ryan Malone, Gary Roberts

TAMPA BAY – The Tampa Bay Lightning have acquired the rights to left wings Ryan Malone and Gary Roberts from Pittsburgh in exchange for a conditional draft pick in 2009, owners Oren Koules and Len Barrie announced.

I dont see why roberts would go there but if I'm malone I'm seriously considering Tampa. nice temperature and the chance to play with a prime player in lecavalier.

As opposed to prime players like Crosby and Malkin?

:hlogo:

yeah...could be that he doesn't want toplay for Therrien. he seems to rub lots of people the wrong way.

Edited by marky_and_komi

yeah...could be that he doesn't want toplay for Therrien. he seems to rub lots of people the wrong way.

Just looking at him rubs me the wrong way.

i don't think he ever did. Gainey objective wasn'T to get huet for the lowest price, it was getting rid of Huet for the highest price and get some NHL time to Halak, hence the trade to washington.

Ok, thats what I assumed, thanks though. I should probably check the Washington papers to see if theres any info.

Just looking at him rubs me the wrong way.

Yeah, I'm not a big Therrien fan either.

Ok, thats what I assumed, thanks though. I should probably check the Washington papers to see if theres any info.

Yeah, I'm not a big Therrien fan either.

The only ex-habs coach who's still active and for whom I have a lot of respect is Alain Villeneuve.

Therrien had some serious issues with veterans. He'd play Joe Juneau and Andreas Dackell while red hot Ryder and Ward (back then) would be sitting.

Julien was the most boring coach ever and would aim for the 0-0 tie. He thought that his job's objective was that we didn't get scored against.

Villeneuve though did "wonders" with the worst team of all 3 coaches (his first line was like Zhotok, Zubrus and Petrov at one point), he was real close to making the playoffs with a bad team, a bad system and fragile players (back then, I think our conditioning team was bad... we would always lose an incredible high amount of players-games per season)

Ryder with Pittsburgh now that Malone and Roberts are both gone ??

look at Vancouver... he could make the weak-and-blond lone with the twins !!

Edited by marky_and_komi

Ryder with Pittsburgh now that Malone and Roberts are both gone ??

Dallas needs a winger. I could see him there.

Tampa's move seems to have paid off.

Hopefully, the Malone deal won't come haunt them back long term. You'd think they would have learned by throwing out big money to select players.

Hmn, well it does says "close to signing", but considering they are actually mentioning numbers it seems likely to happen.About 4.5M a season for Malone, more or less what he would expect to get on the open market, but a 7 year term?! Well, Malone certainly has nothing to complain about. Not only did they give him the dough, they hired his dad.

As for Roberts, well I was under the impression he was insisting on going to Ottawa or Toronto. Guess the Senators and Melnyk will be disappointed, they've been hoping to get him for years.

Colorado finally decided to re-sign some guys locking up Liles to a 4 year deal for 4 mil a year and signing Foote to a 2 year deal for 3 mil a year.

Thats kind of a lot for Liles, I don't know if I like that contract. I think that could also mean Sakic maybe isn't coming back if we're willing to give that much to Liles (on the other hand, maybe he will if old Foote decided to come back). I always figured we were just going to let Liles walk. I guess Brunette is gone for sure now.

Still, it's better news then just letting all these guys hit free agency for sure now. I guess Finger is gone for sure now as well, which is too bad because I thought he was a better defenceman then Liles.

Edmonton also traded Jarret Stoll and Matt Greene to Los Angeles for Lubomir Visnovsky.

Edited by jetsniper

Colorado finally decided to re-sign some guys locking up Liles to a 4 year deal for 4 mil a year and signing Foote to a 2 year deal for 3 mil a year.

Further proof that Adam Foote lied about wanting to stay in Columbus. If he liked Columbus like he said he did, he wouldn't have demanded 8 million over two years, while rejecting 7 million over two years. I hope Jared Boll has some "kind words" for Foote when they play next season. Unbelievable that a captain would walk out on his teammates when they were only 5 points away from their shot at their first playoff appearance.

Rolston been traded to the mighty Lightning !!!

Boo, I wanted him in Montreal or Columbus. Come on, Brian, don't sign with 'em!