NHL UFA/Trades thread - July 1st

Like Jared Boll scares Footer anyway, The Sheriff will be on patrol all season to sort people out. :lol:

He doesn't scare anybody, he's a terrible fighter. He fights all the time, but he never wins. Without Shelley, though, he's all we've really got. Maybe Tollefsen. I would really love to see Nash drop the gloves with Footer. New captain versus old captain who left the team out to dry. I know my friends and I will certainly be going to the first Avs game this year so we can boo him whenever he touches the puck.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malone sign with Tampa, 7yrs / $31.5M

WTF, 7 yrs for a 2nd liner?

Those Bolts really are on a roll. They just signed Prospal to a ''multi yr deal'', no more details avaible yet.

Cap space: With the salary cap at $56.7 million and the floor at $40 million, here's where each NHL team is sitting as free agency begins:

Philadelphia $58.9-million

Anaheim $53.2-million

Boston $51.4-million

Dallas $49.5-million

Edmonton $49.3-million

Chicago $47.2-million

Florida $46.8-million

Carolina $46.4-million

Calgary $45.9-million

Nashville $45.7-million

San Jose $44.2-million

St. Louis $44-million

Toronto $43.7-million

New Jersey $42.3-million

Tampa Bay $42-million

Buffalo $41.9-million

Canadiens $41.5-million

Ottawa $41.3-million

Washington $40.9-million

Detroit $40.8-million

Colorado $38.8-million

Vancouver $37-million

Minnesota $36.8-million

Phoenix $34.6-million

Pittsburgh $33.9-million

N.Y. Rangers $33.8-million

N.Y. Islanders $32.5-million

Atlanta $31.2-million

Columbus $29.5-million

Los Angeles $27.8-million

Edited by Habitforming

Anyone else think Jagr to LAK would be a good fit?

I've heard he only wants to play in New York, it's the Rangers or Russia.

I'd like to see him on a line with Staz and Svatos though. >_>

I just read an article in the New York Post that said the Bruins were going to offer Hossa a 12 year contract worth 100 million, thats 8.3 mil a season.

:wacko:

Good for the Bruins Hossa wont end up there/

Saw on the Score TV tracker that Perry has signed back with the Ducks. I don't know the terms though.

Oh yeah, that was announced last night. It can't be announced for another hour but TSN said it's basically identical to the deal Getzlaf signed.

Oh and apparently Malkin will sign a new deal sometime today. He should get the same as Crosby.

Edited by jetsniper

TRADE

Edmonton has traded Raffi Torres to Columbus for Gilbert Brule.

Great deal for Edmonton, especially if Brule finds his game. He's still only what? 20? He's got lots of time.

Edmonton gets the often injured pint size player who was so uber hyped by many Canadiens fans in the 05 draft and looks to be BUSTING already.

TRADE

Edmonton has traded Raffi Torres to Columbus for Gilbert Brule.

Great deal for Edmonton, especially if Brule finds his game. He's still only what? 20? He's got lots of time.

For the love of God, Howson. You give up on a 1st rounder for a guy whose career best season is 41 points? Seriously?

Edmonton gets the often injured pint size player who was so uber hyped by many Canadiens fans in the 05 draft and looks to be BUSTING already.

If I'm Lowe, I jump all over this. Torres is nothing special and if Brule does indeed turn things around (he's still only 21 for petes sake) then thats just another dynamic young player to add to the organization. Imagine a line with Cogliano, Gagner and Brule. Or Brule, Schremp and Penner. The options for this team in the future are sick.