NHL UFA/Trades thread - July 1st

New Jersey re-signs forwards Jay Pandolfo (undisclosed) David Calrkson (undisclosed) and Barry Tallackson (undisclosed). Declines option on forward Sergei Brylin.

There might be more to the Brule trade then meets the eye......

What do you mean?

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Jersey re-signs forwards Jay Pandolfo (undisclosed) David Calrkson (undisclosed) and Barry Tallackson (undisclosed). Declines option on forward Sergei Brylin.

What do you mean?

Carolina might have something to do with it at around 12:15 ...

Hawks trade Rene Bourque for a 2nd round pick to Calgary. Also, Joseph to Toronto - 1 year deal. Heard both on NHL live radio.

Edit update: Eric Cole goes to Edmonton for Pitkanen (unconfirmed)

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Hawks trade Rene Bourque for a 2nd round pick to Calgary. Also, Joseph to Toronto - 1 year deal. Heard both on NHL live radio.

Edit update: Eric Cole goes to Edmonton for Pitkanen (unconfirmed)

TSN has confirmed it.

Another good move for Edmonton but everyone knew that one was coming. Carolina was disappointed after Liles decided to stay in Colorado.

Well, another message board I go to is saying Demitra has signed with Vancouver but I can't find anything that confirms it. I guess it's just wait and see.

Eklund's site has pretty much crashed, haha.

Funny how players have a history of rotating in and out of Edmonton like it's a revolving door. I wouldn't be shocked if Cole moves in a year or two.

Brule has never impressed me, but he is a kid.

I'm puzzled.. why did the Canes moved Cole? He was a very good player for them. Why did they kicked him out?

And yikes @ Green contract.. it makes me worried.. in such a crazy market, how much will it cost us to keep Komi next year? 7-8 mil? <_<

I do hope the Bruins do give that 100M contract to Hossa, he's a good player but he's not worth that much dinero IMO.

And yikes @ Green contract.. it makes me worried.. in such a crazy market, how much will it cost us to keep Komi next year? 7-8 mil? <_<

Well, this is a league that pays offense over defense. Komi is a stud defensively, but I think he'll garner a similar contract, given his lack of offensive contribution. If he was playing his defense AND Green's type of offense, then we'd have to worry about the 7-8 million range.

I'm puzzled.. why did the Canes moved Cole? He was a very good player for them. Why did they kicked him out?

I do hope the Bruins do give that 100M contract to Hossa, he's a good player but he's not worth that much dinero IMO.

You think the Bruins offer is bad, apparently the Oilers are ready to offer him 9 mil a year.

Although I think Lowe has to do something like that in order to get someone to agree to play in Edmonton.

We've known all along the Hossa contract would be utterly insane. I wouldn't be shocked to see him ending up the highest-paid player in hockey, simply as a result of the bidding war for the one truly elite and relatively young offensive player available. Don't read anything into it.

Dammit

Tampa Bay has signed Radim Vrbata to a deal, according to Sportsnet. 3 mil a year but it doesn't specify the length of the contract.

Who cares.

I hope you're right Fanpuck, I love Komi like pretty much anyone else but I dont think any player not named Crosby or Oveckin should get that much $.

Dupuis re-sign in Pittsburgh according to RDS, $4.2M per yr for 3 yrs.

Avs don't need him.

Remains to be seen, he could've been a good sub for Brunette. He wasn't at the top of my list but would've been a good addition nonetheless.

I'll be surprised if the Avs sign anyone today actually.

Leaf sign.. Curtis Joseph. Seems like they're really determined to tank the next season.