NHL UFA/Trades thread - July 1st

Are there even any starting goaltending positions open any more?

Tampa seems to have loaded up, I'm not sure Kolzig is the answer.

I think the habs have 14 mill left,

Gorges around a 800k-1mill

Halak 8oo-900k

I am missing one more RFA i'm sure.

But they'll have money to make a Rolston or Sundin move

We all know the Sundin saga, but Rolston has as many as 10 teams after his services

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Habs can afford to over pay someone. Alot of other teams can't. I think for Sundin and Rolston they want to go to a contender, the question is do these guys think the habs are legit or not.

Every single player agency shares the dollar amount of deals so the "next guy" has something to go off of.

I know that, but generally the agent enters the terms into the NHLPA computer and it takes a day or two for the numbers to show up on nhlpa.com. These numbers are coming out so quickly that either

a: some teams are releasing the data directly to the public

b: some agents are releasing the data directly to the public

c: TSN (or some press) has access to the internal NHLPA salary tracking service

C seems least likely, because in that situation you'd expect numbers to come out at uniform speed.

:o

We signed Darcy Tucker!

4.5 mil over 2 years. I really like that one!

Just like Canadians flock to Florida to die, now former Toronto Maple Leafs are doing that in Colorado

:lol:

Toronto has signed Jeff Finger to a 4 year deal worth 3.5 mil a year.

O_O

I wanted to keep him but NOT at that price.

EDIT: Raycroft deal is for 800k, I like it.

Craziest deal of the day. Not only do they pay a premium price, they lock him into 4 years!!!!!

Can somebody wake up Fletcher and tell him their is a salary cap. He better know this guy is a sure thing

because 4 years is a long time to lock up a LATE BLOOMER!

I am so glad my dad was not a Leaf fan!

Craziest deal of the day. Not only do they pay a premium price, they lock him into 4 years!!!!!

Can somebody wake up Fletcher and tell him their is a salary cap. He better know this guy is a sure thing

Yeah, in my own little offseason plan thingy, I had us re-signing him for less then half that for a few years. Has to be worst signing of the day so far.

you want to get rid of McCabe at $5.75, toss out Kubina at $5, but replacing those guys with Finger at $3.5 seems like a good idea? I'm not sure I understand what Fletcher is trying to.

you want to get rid of McCabe at $5.75, toss out Kubina at $5, but replacing those guys with Finger at $3.5 seems like a good idea? I'm not sure I understand what Fletcher is trying to.

And pay dead salaries for years by buying out Tucker and Raycroft.

That team is a mess. The track record of throwing proven $$ at unproven players is not very good.

If the Leafs are as bad as they look and they get off to a bad start, he will become the whipping boy.

This is a high risk, low reward move.

I've been noticing a pronounced difference in the speed with which the salary terms of contracts are being disclosed based on team. Is it no longer the policy of all teams to not disclose salaries or are some agents leaking and some aren't or what?

With the cap in place teams have to release the numbers to the NHL anyways.

Tampa seems to have loaded up, I'm not sure Kolzig is the answer.

I think Kolzig is going to be brought in as a back up ... Mike Smith should be the starter with Kari Ramo going back to the AHL for more work.

You do? That's a lot of money for a broken guy who doesn't care anymore.

2 and a quarter? Not really.

He can easily step into Brunette's spot. He's quicker then Brunette and plays the same kind of role. Plus he's got a chip on his shoulder and should add some feistiness to the lineup that Colorado has basically never had. This is the same reason I wanted Colorado to sign Sean Avery. Stick him alongside Staz or Sakic (if he re-signs) and I'm willing to bet he puts ups 25-30 goals.

(and it's hard to care when you're playing for a Toronto team that just doesn't give a crap about anything)

Flames fans are gonna be pissed, they all really wanted Tucker.

With the cap in place teams have to release the numbers to the NHL anyways.

I always thought the policy was stupid, I hope this is an indication that teams are giving up the illusion that the numbers won't be disclosed within a day or two anyways.

HUET is a Blackhawk.

Too bad he did not sign in the east.

This makes no sense to me.... Khabibulin still has one year at 6.75, and Huet reportedly signed for 4 years at 5.625... There must be a trade brewing.

I think Kolzig is going to be brought in as a back up ... Mike Smith should be the starter with Kari Ramo going back to the AHL for more work.

absolutely

This makes no sense to me.... Khabibulin still has one year at 6.75, and Huet reportedly signed for 4 years at 5.625... There must be a trade brewing.

5.625!?!?! that seems nuts to me.

absolutely

5.625!?!?! that seems nuts to me.

Me too. I should have added "According to nhlnumbers.com" So take it for whatever that is worth.

What were Huet's bargaining chips for that much? Didn't he play in an all-star game?

He didn't look amazing or anything in Washington's playoff appearance and he looked terrible in that series against Carolina.

It is nuts for a goalie yet to win a playoff round and I bet he wont again next year.

How about if they even make the playoffs? I like the young talent, but they're essentially on their own.

What were Huet's bargaining chips for that much? Didn't he play in an all-star game?

He didn't look amazing or anything in Washington's playoff appearance and he looked terrible in that series against Carolina.

I'm trying to figure who bid him up? Maybe colorado?