NHL UFA/Trades thread - July 1st

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Chi' could trade Havlat instead of Bulhin? He's always injured after all, it's not like they would miss him.

I will definitely have a team to go watch this year. Thanks Chicago!

(Bill Wirtz's taint is fading fast)

I will meet you up there for a game this year.

Habs hawks?

I don't even know why the Hawks signed Huet in the frist place ... especially if they're not getting rid of the bulin wall. they could use that cap money to improve the team

I don't even know why the Hawks signed Huet in the frist place ... especially if they're not getting rid of the bulin wall. they could use that cap money to improve the team

Well, Bulin is in his last year, so that comes off the books soon. I still think he gets moved.

the hawks have longtime decided not to win the cup. they over spent for huet and campbell. it reminds me when they signed khabibulin and aucoin. they looked great onpaper butnever panned out.

the hawks have longtime decided not to win the cup. they over spent for huet and campbell. it reminds me when they signed khabibulin and aucoin. they looked great onpaper butnever panned out.

I think they messed up a bit on the Huet contract, not that there were really any better goalies available UFA. He is going to give them better performance than Bulin, but I agree that he ain't leading them to a cup. At least Chicago should now be a playoff team.

As far as Campbell, one big difference (among many) between him and Aucoin is that the Hawks have other defencemen to play with him.

about those Oilers ?

I know some of might have been posted earlier but I just woke up and missed most of it.

Lowe looks really creative. they're going to be a competitive team in 2-3 years but they're rebuilding fast.

Thanks for taking cole the western conference.

are people still pissed that we picked price instead of brulé ?? :P

I think they messed up a bit on the Huet contract, not that there were really any better goalies available UFA. He is going to give them better performance than Bulin, but I agree that he ain't leading them to a cup. At least Chicago should now be a playoff team.

As far as Campbell, one big difference (among many) between him and Aucoin is that the Hawks have other defencemen to play with him.

their D corps will look reasonable. If Cam Barker can pan out they will have nice D for a long time.

their PP could become deadly !!

Commodore to CBJ - 5 years / ~3.6M per year

THATS the d-man they decide to go with? Sheesh.

Haha, Pierre Maguire is bitching about it right now as well. He thinks Hainsey would've been a better signing, I agree. Columbus won't make the playoffs. Again.

Commodore to CBJ - 5 years / ~3.6M per year

And with that, my suspicions have been proven true: Scott Howson is an idiot. The Jackets need 2 good puck moving defensemen, so he goes out and overpays for Mike Commodore. :wall:

Wow, he's signed until age 39??

If so, that's a good signing in the short term. It will blow massive chunks by year four.

He'll make a nice fit with the Devils, though. Smart all-around player, he fits the team identity.

Any rumours on Hossa? Things seem vewy, vewy quiet on that front...

I think the Commodore signing is worse than the Finger one. No doubt, Finger had an effect on his salary demands.

I think the Commodore signing is worse than the Finger one. No doubt, Finger had an effect on his salary demands.

Commodore atleast has NHL experience and has played in a couple Stanley Cup finals. Jeff Finger is nothing but an unknown commodity that only saw NHL time due to the mass amount of injuries the Avs saw this year.

While I wouldn't give 3.5 mil to either player, I'd rather give it to Commodore. They both make the Liles signing look insanely good though.

Commodore atleast has NHL experience and has played in a couple Stanley Cup finals. Jeff Finger is nothing but an unknown commodity that only saw NHL time due to the mass amount of injuries the Avs saw this year.

While I wouldn't give 3.5 mil to either player, I'd rather give it to Commodore. They both make the Liles signing look insanely good though.

At least an unknown commodity has potential. Commodore is known to be a decent bottom pairing defenceman. With Finger, who knows, he could break out the way Streit did and in three years, the contract is looking really good. Commodore is older and will be making this much money into his late 30s and he's already shown us everything that he can do. He might be a useful piece this year but there is a limit to his usefulness. Finger can potentially prove himself as a second pairing defenceman within the next four years.