NHL UFA/Trades thread - July 1st

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With how many roster spots to fill.

2 RFA forwards to get to 12 + 1 backup goalie they have to pick up.

so lets say 4 players? Looks like they have to unload or waive a D.

EDIT: Just saw Jets took care of that calc

Fanpuck must burn his Columbus jersey, these guys are morons for giving Mike Commodore 3,75M$ for 5 years !!

and what about Toronto ? you got to be kidding me Jeff Finger 3.5M$ for 4 years !!!!!!

well, i'll just add : and what about NYI ? you got to be kidding me Mark Streit for over 4M$ !!!!

Now how good are the signings of Markov and Hamrlik looking now. Only 1 more million that Streit.

Crazy!!!!!!!

exactly. NYI suck, Columbus suck, TB suck and Toronto suck as well by definiton... I wonder : where are Philly in all this mess, they HAVE to give at least one ridiculous bad contract a year...

He's going to be their #1 dman and quarterback.

Reminds me of another "4-6th dman", Robidas the Stars QB.

You think that Streit will be on the ice with a 1 goal lead with less than a minute to go?

You think that Streit will take on the top forward line on a nightly basis?

You think that Streit can negate an opponents physical play or withstand the attention that will

be paid attention to him on the PP?

He is not a number one defenseman on a good hockey team. And anybody who thinks he is, well

they are in for a surprise

LOL what a freaking waste of money !!

Edited by marky_and_komi

Ahem. Sergei Zubov would be the Stars' PP QB.

yeah sure of course. but he was at least while zubov was injured, second half of the season and first 7 games of the playoffs (7 pts in those 7 games). plus in the second half he was dominant. Among the NHL leaders for hits (!) and good production on the PP. Not bad for a Habs 6th dman

I've never laughed so hard on UFA day. The idiot franchises (Islanders, TO, Lightning, Columbus, etc.) just keep on acting like idiots. Really, it's rich. Gainey is probably pissing himself laughing at these nimrods.

Looks like most of the action has died down for the day. Can't say that I'm that upset about Gainey sitting this one out. The contracts being handed out today are just ridiculous. Keep the solid offer in for Sundin and maybe kick the tires on Jagr, otherwise head home happy that we were the 1st in the East last season and have no reason to believe we'll be anything but better next season.

Looks like most of the action has died down for the day. Can't say that I'm that upset about Gainey sitting this one out. The contracts being handed out today are just ridiculous. Keep the solid offer in for Sundin and maybe kick the tires on Jagr, otherwise head home happy that we were the 1st in the East last season and have no reason to believe we'll be anything but better next season.

yeah, I would note that no other team in our division has gotten better from last year.