NHL UFA/Trades thread - July 1st

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except the last Stanley Cup winner to get past the first round the next season was Colorado in 2002. I've always thought signing with the defending champs as a way of winning it all was way too easy and predictable since repeat champs basically never happen anymore.

I think it's great ... well it sucks he didn't sign a 1yr deal with the habs ... but I love the fact he turned down a ton of money for his best chance to win a cup. I doubt he'd be back with the wings the season after as Zetterburg will need a new deal ... unless Lidstrom retires.

Detroit's 1st line / pp is going to be leathal ... Zetterburg, Datysuk , Hossa :wacko: ... two selke nominiees on your line ?... I think Hossa could take a good run at the rocket trophy next season.

Detroit's 1st line / pp is going to be leathal ... Zetterburg, Datysuk , Hossa :wacko: ... two selke nominiees on your line ?... I think Hossa could take a good run at the rocket trophy next season.

Not to mention Lidstrom on the point and Holmstrom in front of the net. That's a scary PP.

What's going on with Joe Sakic? Isn't he available?

Do you really think he'd leave Colorado?

What's going on with Joe Sakic? Isn't he available?

His agent has told teams not to offer anything because he will only sign with Colorado, if he decides to come back.

Andy Strickland reported yesterday that he has started telling teammates that he will come back. Actually IIRC, TSN didn't even bother listing Sakic on their list of top free agents.

Edited by jetsniper

Because then he can sign another insane 1-year contract next year... and the year after that... and the year after that. And he has the ability to continuously choose one of the best teams to sign with (given they have the money).

Unless he gets hurt or his production drops...he could have likely grabbed more money, for more years, on a contending team, in a hockey market equal to or better then Detroit.

TSN just reported that Hossa signed a one year, 7.5 million, deal with Detroit. He must really want a shot at a cup!

Edited by REV-G

Blue Jackets have traded Nikolai Zherdev and Dan Fristche to New York for Fedor Tyutin and Christian Backman as per TSN.

CURSE WORD AFTER CURSE WORD AFTER CURSE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am this close to burning my Blue Jackets jersey. Nash is the only guy left on the team who can create offense on his own! We have a team full of mediocre second liners. Blue Jackets are gonna be drafting Tavares, I'm sure of it now.

Thats what I was expecting from you, haha.

Who the hell is gonna help Rick Nash score goals now? Zherdev was the only other guy to get more then 60 points last season. After him was Peca with 34 points who probably will go somewhere else and then Jason Chimera who is nothing more then a 3rd liner.

I hope he manages to sign someone like Huselius because that team is gonna be hurting for offence next season. I'd almost be demanding a trade if I'm Rick Nash. :blink:

CURSE WORD AFTER CURSE WORD AFTER CURSE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am this close to burning my Blue Jackets jersey. Nash is the only guy left on the team who can create offense on his own! We have a team full of mediocre second liners. Blue Jackets are gonna be drafting Tavares, I'm sure of it now.

I thought Columbus wanted to make the playoffs ? :wacko: