NHL UFA/Trades thread - July 1st

It's too bad the the NHL that the Blue Jackets are so badly managed. This was a promising new market, attendance figures were great, but since they've never had a decent team to offer those fans, those attendance figures are decreasing.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too bad the the NHL that the Blue Jackets are so badly managed. This was a promising new market, attendance figures were great, but since they've never had a decent team to offer those fans, those attendance figures are decreasing.

Yup, they'll be lucky to sellout opening night this year. Last season they didn't sell out it till the night of the game with walk-up tickets. And they'll have 8 fewer people getting tickets, as none of my friends who went last year will go now. I'm only planning on potentially four games: Habs, Pens, Caps, Avs (to boo Adam Foote). I wish Pittsburgh seats were less expensive and easier to get, or I'd consider going there to see those teams, so the Jackets don't get my money. What boggles my mind is how many people are defending the new on the Dispatch website. I think Howson is paying people to post there and back him up.

Markus Naslund has signed a 2 year deal with the New York Rangers.

God, is Vancouver looking like they are going to be pitiful this year. Can't see Luongo liking this.

God, is Vancouver looking like they are going to be pitiful this year. Can't see Luongo liking this.

Also doesn't help them in their cause for sigining Sunding.

Nice, it means they dont have the room for Sundin anymore!

Plus as MTF said, it makes Vancouver even less attractive for Sundin

Guess it's down to Montréal VS Toronto for Sundin's services.

Nice, it means they dont have the room for Sundin anymore!

Plus as MTF said, it makes Vancouver even less attractive for Sundin

Guess it's down to Montréal VS Toronto for Sundin's services.

Yup. We know T.O offered 7 mil, so if Gainey can just beat that with 7.5 or so I think Sundin can be had. Both Vancouver and Toronto are going to stink next year and Mats knows it. Hopefully Gainey holds his ground and we sign him for even less because he simply wants to WIN!!!!!!!

Yup. We know T.O offered 7 mil, so if Gainey can just beat that with 7.5 or so I think Sundin can be had. Both Vancouver and Toronto are going to stink next year and Mats knows it. Hopefully Gainey holds his ground and we sign him for even less because he simply wants to WIN!!!!!!!

I doubt it's about money. It's about winning. If he wants to finish his career on a high note with a shot at the cup, he'll sign with Montreal. If he's a sadist, he'll sign with Toronto.

mm according to nhlnumbers.com, the Rangers have 46.7 mil commited to 11 forwards , 5 D and 1 goalie. That doesnt include Kalinin's contract tough, and they need to sign RFA Nigel Dawes and Dan Fritsche, plus they need to get a back-up goalie.

They could still have room for Sundin, had they not gave so much money to Redden.

mm according to nhlnumbers.com, the Rangers have 46.7 mil commited to 11 forwards , 5 D and 1 goalie. That doesnt include Kalinin's contract tough, and they need to sign RFA Nigel Dawes and Dan Fritsche, plus they need to get a back-up goalie.

They could still have room for Sundin, had they not gave so much money to Redden.

they just signed naslund for 4 mill per year they have no more room for sundin. Maybe mats will just wait until are the only guys left with money? WAIT MATS WAIT

I thought I heard they re-signed Valliquette (sp) ... he's the back up.

The Rangers have the potiental to be scary this coming season.

Edited by CaliHabsFan

I thought I heard they re-signed Valliquette (sp) ... he's the back up.

The Rangers have the potiental to be scary this coming season.

I thought the Rangers were more scary last season.

With so many players coming and going, it's hard to say if the Rangers will be better or worse than last season.

Out:

Jagr

Shannahan

Straka

Avery

Toots

Malik

Mara

Backman

In:

Zherdev

Naslund

Fritsche

Voros

Rissmiller

Jamtin

Redden

Kalinin

I expect major chemistry problems for them in the beggining of the season.

Edited by Jean

I thought the Rangers were more scary last season.

Agreed....Markus Naslund is washed up...he's nowhere near the force that Jagr can be on the nights he's determined to win.

With so many players coming and going, it's hard to say if the Rangers will be better or worse than last season.

Out:

Jagr

Shannahan

Straka

Avery

Toots

Malik

Mara

Backman

In:

Zherdev

Naslund

Fritsche

Voros

Rissmiller

Jamtin

Redden

Kalinin

I expect major chemistry problems for them in the beggining of the season.

The Rangers are still a playoff team because of King Henry but they will not compete for the division this year.

That is in poor taste, considering the man is dead.

ouch sorry, didn't know, i typed "Blue Jackets Columbus owner" on google and his name was everywhere, I didn't read the links...

The Rangers are still a playoff team because of King Henry but they will not compete for the division this year.

They are sittin on 46M$ with a few RFAs and only 1 goalie right now.

ouch sorry, didn't know, i typed "Blue Jackets Columbus owner" on google and his name was everywhere, I didn't read the links...

They are sittin on 46M$ with a few RFAs and only 1 goalie right now.

Montreal Canadiens:

21 players signed

$46,499,667 actual payroll

$47,318,634 Cap payroll (actual cap hit)

$9,381,366 Cap space

Edited by Habitforming

Most likely a false alarm on Dandenault.

For now anyway.

We hav a $7.5M offer out to Mats and some RFA's to re-sign...we may need him to take a walk :)

Montreal Canadiens:

21 players signed

$46,499,667 actual payroll

$47,318,634 Cap payroll (actual cap hit)

$9,381,366 Cap space

yeah pretty similar situation with the NYR

yeah pretty similar situation with the NYR

The Rangers are in worse shape then us.

New York Rangers

23 players signed

$56,204,200 actual payroll

$52,528,843 Cap Payroll (count against the Cap)

$3,471,157 Cap space remaining

This doesn't include Kalinin's deal.

The Rangers are in worse shape then us.

New York Rangers

23 players signed

$56,204,200 actual payroll

$52,528,843 Cap Payroll (count against the Cap)

$3,471,157 Cap space remaining

This doesn't include Kalinin's deal.

nhlnumbers have them at 48 including bonuses... http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=NYR&season=0809

nhlnumbers have them at 48 including bonuses... http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=NYR&season=0809

Thier list is way out of date.... they leave off Korpikoski, Sanguinetti, Voros...etc

look here... it is updated by the minute.

http://www.nhlscap.com/

click on team numbers ;)