NHL UFA/Trades thread - July 1st

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rozsival re-ups with the Rangers for 5 million a year over 4 years.

Holy ######ing shit. I'm waiting for Ryder to announce he's signed a 20 million dollar contract with Columbus.

leafs sign Niklas Hagman for 3 million per year over 4 years. I dont know anything about this guy, but 3 million seems like another over payment.

anyone have any insight?

The potential a 28 year old late bloomer has is extremely limited and not worth such a high contract. S Commodore is the better defenseman at this point and at least had the bargaining chips to ask for such a high salary. How Finger worked that is beyond me, he was never more then a 5th guy with us to begin with. And that was with the injuries.

I mean, I'm one of the few who has actually seen him play consistently and 3.5 is way, way too much. pector put it nicely earlier today.

But $3.5 million per season? The hell???

Sorry, but that's crazy money for a guy who only played one full NHL season. I realize Fletcher's doing like most GMs and paying for potential but that's far too much for a blueliner of his caliber at this stage of his career.

As if the pressure of playing in Toronto weren't bad enough, Finger's now going to have to justify that $3.5 million per season.

For his sake and that of the Leafs, I sure hope he does.

Anyway, Duthie listed Hossa's frontrunner list just now.

1. Edmonton

2. New York

3. Montreal

4. Pittsburgh

And Hossa's agent lives in Edmonton.

Rozsival re-ups with the Rangers for 5 million a year over 4 years.

That Redden domino has to be falling soon now that Campbell and Rozsival are gone.

leafs sign Niklas Hagman for 3 million per year over 4 years. I dont know anything about this guy, but 3 million seems like another over payment.

anyone have any insight?

He's a decent 3rd liner who has improved his point totals every year since the lockout. I'd say it's a good signing given the crazy market.

anyone have any insight?

I don't see him as ever being a top 6 forward on a good team. He had a semi-breakout year with Dallas last year with 27 goals (only 41 points in 82 games though) so maybe he has potential if he is ever given good linemates. The thing is that he won't get good linemates in Toronto and will not live up to his salary.

The potential a 28 year old late bloomer has is extremely limited and not worth such a high contract. S Commodore is the better defenseman at this point and at least had the bargaining chips to ask for such a high salary. How Finger worked that is beyond me, he was never more then a 5th guy with us to begin with. And that was with the injuries.

I mean, I'm one of the few who has actually seen him play consistently and 3.5 is way, way too much. pector put it nicely earlier today.

Anyway, Duthie listed Hossa's frontrunner list just now.

1. Edmonton

2. New York

3. Montreal

4. Pittsburgh

And Hossa's agent lives in Edmonton.

That Redden domino has to be falling soon now that Campbell and Rozsival are gone.

Yeah, I know it was a terrible contract. I was comparing the two worst deals of the day. One has to be less bad.

He's a decent 3rd liner who has improved his point totals every year since the lockout. I'd say it's a good signing given the crazy market.

Yeah, he seems to have some offensive upside still, and comes *comparatively* cheap given his experience. Had the Habs signed him I'd have been in a rage, but given the mess that is Leafsland, he seems like the sort of player who can bring at least some dynamism and value to them.

Yeah, I know it was a terrible contract. I was comparing the two worst deals of the day. One has to be less bad.

Oh yeah, I know. You just think it's Commodore and I think it's Finger. Just a difference of opinion.We're basically just arguing what piece of shit smells worse.

I hope Hossa and Redden sign before the night is over, I expect a lot more deals to go down after those two sign.

(As I say that, TSN says Hossa won't decide today)

Edited by jetsniper

Oh yeah, I know. You just think it's Commodore and I think it's Finger. Just a difference of opinion.We're basically just arguing what piece of shit smells worse.

I hope Hossa and Redden sign before the night is over, I expect a lot more deals to go down after those two sign.

(As I say that, TSN says Hossa won't decide today)

Hossa is going for the homerun. Would't be surprised to see him sign the biggest contract in NHL history.

Commodore and Finger are definitely the worst.

As for the best...wow. Well, Conklin to Detroit could be a good move. I think Brunette to the Wild was fair payment. Stillman to Florida was not terrible, but a bit much.

Hossa is going for the homerun. Would't be surprised to see him sign the biggest contract in NHL history.

Maybe he'll sign with Atlanta again ... the only team that could probably pay him that much and not care if the team is any good

I'd guess that this takes them out of the Sundin sweepstakes.... Jagr too perhaps?

Between Redden and that giant Rozsival contract, it has to. Jagr is still talking to Pittsburgh though.

That seems to just leave the three Canadian teams for Sundin now. Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto are all said to be pushing the hardest. I think Detroit doesn't want to mess up their chemistry too much.

Between Redden and that giant Rozsival contract, it has to. Jagr is still talking to Pittsburgh though.

That seems to just leave the three Canadian teams for Sundin now. Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto are all said to be pushing the hardest. I think Detroit doesn't want to mess up their chemistry too much.

yeah, gets them down to ~7M left in cap space

Vancouver is the best move for Sundin if the 20 mill is true.

depends on what his priorities are. If its just about the money he'd be a fool to turn down that deal. However if he wants to win a cup there are better places to go than Vancouver...

depends on what his priorities are. If its just about the money he'd be a fool to turn down that deal. However if he wants to win a cup there are better places to go than Vancouver...

Agreed and I think thats why there was no Sundin announcement today, he probably doesn't want to go to Vancouver. If he wants a cup, Montreal has to be a no-brainer. I'm surprised he's not a Habs already.

This is only an Ek rumor but it made me laugh, Calgary is talking to Sean Avery. Phanuef and Avery in the same locker room would just be too awesome for words.

He also gave Huselius to Edmonton an E4 so we'll see if that happens.

Edited by jetsniper

Sundin going to Detroit would make sense. If location is a factor, compared to Montreal, Detroit is 1-hour-drive closer to Toronto. Plus you've got all those Swedes with the Red Wings. If location isn't a factor but to play with Swedes is, then Vancouver makes sense for him. But if the Canucks wants Sundin, they should re-sign Naslund first. Would make more sense for Sundin.

Fanpuck must burn his Columbus jersey, these guys are morons for giving Mike Commodore 3,75M$ for 5 years !!

and what about Toronto ? you got to be kidding me Jeff Finger 3.5M$ for 4 years !!!!!!