Crosby better than 99?

Psycing

Hey, if you go to the following link on TSN.ca... you will find the Poll sumwhere in the middle of the page.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/main.asp

The question reads as follows

Can Sidney Crosby break at least one of Wayne Gretzky's 61 scoring records?

Yes?

or

No?

The vote currently stands at 50/50... which i find surprising..

I mean, Crosby, I think we all know, has a very successful NHL career ahead of him. Sure many of Gretzky's main records are "untouchable"... but, with 61... i think the kid is bound to break a couple...

What are your thoughts?

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Who is he?  Maybe then I could decide.

You havent heard of Sidney Crosby? Wow... I figured everyone had. He's been talked about and hyped for years now, and he is only 16. Sidney is a very talented forward in the QMJHL, he led the entire CHL in scoring at the age of 16 last year as a rookie... He put up numbers similar to what Mario, Guy, and Wayne did at the same ages in the CHL...

I've seen him many times, and yes he is that good. He's got a good head on his shoulders too, plus he's already built like an NHL'er (big strong legs) .

He's going to be a superstar, no doubt in my mind about it. Will he break Wayne's records? probably not, Wayne played half his career in the offensive 80's era, the NHL is much different today then it was then.

Originally posted by puck7x

You havent heard of Sidney Crosby? Wow... I figured everyone had. He's been talked about and hyped for years now, and he is only 16. Sidney is a very talented forward in the QMJHL, he led the entire CHL in scoring at the age of 16 last year as a rookie

That pretty much explains it right there. Here in the states, we know next to nothing about up and comers in the sport of hockey. I never hear of any prospects till about a month before the draft. Not even college prospects get much play, even in the city's where the play.

I remember them talking at the draft about some amazing 16 year old, this must have been who they talked about.

Heck, I didn't even know what QMJHL stood for until a year or two ago. I figured the Q was for Quebec and the J for junior, but the M threw me for loops. And I didn't really care enough to take the time to look it up.