Kyle Beach = Terry Ryan

shortcat1

I put this topic in another hockey yack site and I thought maybe it might be of interest to you too...

I read TSN's TOP 60 PROSPECTS list (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11437&a...=topRelated_nhl) and I noticed that Kyle Beach is rated 10th. Interestingly, Terry Ryan, by the way, was rated 11th in his draft year.

The two players are quite similar. Aggressive power forwards, big, strong, score goals, drop the gloves, etc.

The differences would seem to be that Beach has a bit of an 'edge' in the skating department (maybe not that much... I don't know) but, in his favour, Ryan came into the draft ahead, health-wise. He had no substantial injury (concussions) record.

Here's a comparison of their draft year numbers.

Kyle Beach

YEAR-GP--G--A-PTS-PIM

07-08-60-27-30-60--222

Terry Ryan

YEAR-GP--G--A-PTS-PIM

94-95-70-50-60-110-207

I know that each person is different but there's an awful lot of similarities between these two.Just based upon that and knowing what happened to Ryan, would Beach be a good early 1st round draft risk? Would it be better to wait until in the last third of the 1st round or as a second pick by some team that has two picks in the 1st round?

Personally, I'd be a bit hesitant to choose him unless I had two picks in the 1st round.

Ideas?

Just as an add-on to this topic, I'm surprised to see, on the TSN top 60 list, that Justin Jokinen is absent. He doesn't even make the 'Honourable Mentions' list. Interesting...Aside from all of that, as a indication of my interests, Montreal, when I watch the draft on RDS (or TSN) Friday night, I'd like to see Montreal go for Deschamps, Jokinen or Nemisz. Not necessarily in that order of preference though I'd like to see an impact centre, if possible.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Change names

Beach= Corson...do you take it. finest will bring just so far. I think you need less scientific players to go further. as much as you had the richer, the smith, the robinsons to go along in 86 you also had the chelios, Lemieux. in 89 corson was thereé you dont talk about choir boys here.

besides a guy has to be quite an ass not to listen to Carbonneau or gainey.

I don't really think you can make comparisons like that and read too much into them. You can, however, point to Beach's alleged attitude and injury problems and deduce that he will be a bust based on this. I don't think terry enters the equation at all, you can just as easily say Beach = Lindros.

I don't really think you can make comparisons like that and read too much into them. You can, however, point to Beach's alleged attitude and injury problems and deduce that he will be a bust based on this. I don't think terry enters the equation at all, you can just as easily say Beach = Lindros.

Well Lindros was in perfect health when he came to the NHL. Unfortunately for him (and I guess for hockey because he was the real deal, and could have become one of the most dominating players to ever play the game), he tried to be too much of a physical presence in his first couple seasons, and he became a big bullseye for guys like Kasparaitis who enjoyed taking him down.

Beach has all the tools to become a great player in the NHL, and if it weren't for his injuries this season, he most likely would have been the second forward selected after Stamkos.

Well, Lindros still had a successful career. He was not a complete bust at all. Not exactly Pat Falloon or Alex Daigle.

Patrick stephan :wacko: